Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Underwater fences and shorter stuff moving timers testing

Hello,

Change which allows to build fences below water level is enabled on test server and needs testing before it can go live.

We also shortened timers of stuff moving actions (like push/rotate/load/unload) both off and on deed, with actions on deed being near instant.

From other changes - you can forage iron rocks on grass now and rummage flint from rock tiles (very small chance).

Please also post any bugs, comments or questions you find here.

Good luck!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Hello,

Change which allows to build fences below water level is enabled on test server and needs testing before it can go live.

We also shortened timers of stuff moving actions (like push/rotate/load/unload) both off and on deed, with actions on deed being near instant.

From other changes - you can forage iron rocks on grass now and rummage flint from rock tiles (very small chance).

Please also post any bugs, comments or questions you find here.

Good luck!

this stuff was live when i logged in ???

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Interesting...

Just managed a little look before test was rebooted.

Seemed to be able to build fences a lot deeper underwater than I expected - the top of the fence post for a plank fence was totally be low the water. Didn't get a chance to workout how deep I managed to go. It would be quite nice if it was possible to use 'survey', or some other tool (a lead and line?), to determine the depth of water.

I did notice that a rowboat got almost all the way across the fence before booting me out - then needed to drag the boat off. But, visually the boat looked well above the top of the fence.

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

Interesting...

Just managed a little look before test was rebooted.

Seemed to be able to build fences a lot deeper underwater than I expected - the top of the fence post for a plank fence was totally be low the water. Didn't get a chance to workout how deep I managed to go. It would be quite nice if it was possible to use 'survey', or some other tool (a lead and line?), to determine the depth of water.

I did notice that a rowboat got almost all the way across the fence before booting me out - then needed to drag the boat off. But, visually the boat looked well above the top of the fence.

you *can* use survey to determine depth...

[11:50:34] The range pole is 2 tiles South and 1 tiles East of you. Also you appear to be 17 dirt higher than the range pole.

[11:50:34] As your helper is stood in water, you work out how high you are above the water, and it is 3.

I seem to rem using a long time ago, not sure when it was added

36 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

Can we get underwater paving at the same depth?

Yes, the deepest I appear to be able to construct a fence is 14 dirt. Possible to pack and pave, at that depth, at least on test.

Thanks ClericGunem for the reminder - I didn't notice the higher than range pole when I first tried.

12 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Yes, the deepest I appear to be able to construct a fence is 14 dirt. Possible to pack and pave, at that depth, at least on test.

Thanks ClericGunem for the reminder - I didn't notice the higher than range pole when I first tried.

Thanks for info.  Was that for a low fence by chance?  Hoping maybe taller fence gate for deeper water

I would really love to be able to put for example high iron fence or portculis at i suppose 20 or 21 deep, which according to wiki now is min depth for all ships,  Been wanting a a gated marina, but if only knarrs, sailboats, and rowboats still cool

that was with wooden fence - also tried stone wall, low and tall, and portcullis at that depth.  Portcullis and tall wall appear to be about half submerged - would make a nice water gate

PimNMJO.jpg

update - just tried at 20, and neither pallisade or tall stone wall can be constructed at that depth.

Edited by Wulfmaer

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

I had to think about this, then try, then ask CA....what do you mean you can pack and pave at depth?  If there is a way I would love to know as far as i know have to have tile out of water (or sw out i think works)

Edited by ClericGunem

Well this is on test, so things may well be different, but the tile I tried was flat at 14 dirt underwater and packed with a shovel and paved with a stone brick.

Like you, as previously I've had to pave and then lower the tile back underwater, so this is different.

Add it to all servers! No more boats!!!!

Edited by Namekat
  • Like 1

Add to pvp too.

Not like it's hard to already drop dirt and grief waterways.

its not about griefing its about spamming fences every tile at canals and other waterways to make even more safer hugboxes

• Like 2

gates at 20 would be great ( for pve, I don't pvp so I can't say ). I would love to have a boathouse I can sail any boat I own into direct from the bay my docks are at.

• Like 1