Sign in to follow this  
Stik

Small bug involving woodcutting on horseback

Easy to replicate bug involving chopping down trees from horseback:
Lead a horse, start a woodcutting action, embark horse, and you will continue the action instead of breaking it.
It's not intended to woodcut from horseback, as it will give you the "must be standing on solid ground" message.

It's not a very important bug, but if woodcutting from horseback isn't intended, then this should logically be fixed.
A video here shows me chopping down a tree from horseback via the bug.

• Like 1

I thought this was just an odd mechanic that helps like new players so they can get on horse in hurry if the see trouble.  Though suddenly feel little dumb for not realizing that could be used to clearcut faster.  My case i can one-shot most trees so start cut jump on horse catch tree drop in central wagon, saves like 20 secs per action as otherwise just have alt follow me around in wagon.   *Is this a bug or intended?  Now i see how can be used I really want to know.  I presume some PvP issue involved

Not the only action that does not interrupt when you do another action , like picking up med rug while repair, or a felled tree while chopping, though correct you get the "start on ground" message, but also not only for that i think, but cannot come up with example.

Bump since I don't think anyone actually read this thread except Cleric.
(Jakerivers made a good point in his locked thread!)

It cancels the current action interrupting it when you mount you need queued actions to continue after it is the same as mining in water and boarding a boat you will never quite get your full amount of queued actions but you will be on the boat ready to regen stam when the actions end. Its probably not intended but its not game breaking either and potentially even considered a small quality of life thing. Been this way for a very very long time.

• Like 1