Sign in to follow this  
Lichbane

Weirdness with Undead

Two questions:

• Why is it that some undead die immediately upon being spawned?  I'm looking at you Mr Skeleton and Mr Wraith!
  • Why is it that Zombies seem to be aligned with Kingdom 4?  How can I change my zombies from wanting to hug my residents and eat their brains instead?

It's a bit hard to have a haunted castle when the haunters clearly don't want to cooperate.

Edited by Lichbane

1 hour ago, Lichbane said:

Anyone? 

Yea I had the same issue.. I wrote an event MOD that spawns them with {set DATA} fields to change that.   Skeletons would spawn and die.      Its some kind of bug as it happens on my clusters as well.  

After doing some experimentation, I found if I spawn about 20 skeletons, most will die but some will survive.  You just need to clean up the bodies that are left behind.  It's messy, but it works.  I've had no such success with wraiths.

Zombies are a weird one.  I'm not sure how why they are set to kingdom 4.  Is there any way to change them to 0 ... short of shutting down the server and running and SQL job to change their database value.  And that doesn't change any new ones spawned.

In fact, if possible, I'd to see an advanced spawner that would allow you to control kingdom, aggressiveness and some of the other controls you don't normally have access to.  Is that doable as a mod?

Zombies are flagged as human, so the spawner sets their kingdom (like barmen, traders, etc.)

Wraiths will die if outside a cave during daytime

Not sure about skeletons, when i tried they spawned as aggressive and didn't die instantly.

The main issue is that those creatures aren't used as "monsters" in normal wurm, they are created by players.

It could probably be fixed by a mod but there's a lot of spagetti code involved to trawl through.

Edited by bdew

On 2/18/2016 at 4:21 PM, bdew said:

Zombies are flagged as human, so the spawner sets their kingdom (like barmen, traders, etc.)

Wraiths will die if outside a cave during daytime

Not sure about skeletons, when i tried they spawned as aggressive and didn't die instantly.

The main issue is that those creatures aren't used as "monsters" in normal wurm, they are created by players.

It could probably be fixed by a mod but there's a lot of spagetti code involved to trawl through.

AH!  Ok.

I may have to do the old SQL switcharoo on my zombies then.  I might put in a request for mod for an extension to the ebony wand that will let you set kingdom on summon.

when i spawned in zombies as part of a mission trigger, they came in as this really weird animation - not the default libila zombie animation but basically all white or all back with like part of their brain exposed.  That's the default zombie value under mission trigger effect -> spawn -> zombie.  any ideas how to fix?

The reason that some creatures die at spawn is that the age us set to a low value in the CreatureTemplateCreator. If you set the age higher, they will not die as soon as they spawn.