Sign in to follow this  
Gianna

Tree Collision

Does anyone know why it was removed? I know riding through a forest wasn't that exciting with tree collision in the game, but at least you couldn't just AFK. From a PvP perspective, it completely eliminates any skill from giving chase or fleeing.

• Like 1

Believe it caused problems with bridges so the Devs disabled them till they can do a workaround

Thought solid trees was good except for Chestnuts and being trapped inside them constantly

Yea bridges and problems with them. One of those changes that destroy immersion and sadly pushes the Wurm gaming experience away from "virtual world sandbox" towards the equivalent of playing Sonic the Hedgehog on your phone.

They could remove wall collision detection too, like in A Tale in the Desert?

Edited by Cista

Wurm's collision system was never exactly robust. There are better games for that kind of immersion anyway.

1 minute ago, Cista said:

One of those changes that destroy immersion and sadly pushes the Wurm gaming experience away from "virtual world sandbox" towards playing Sonic the Hedgehog on your phone.

sonic_sez_that__s_no_good_by_jared811111

9 minutes ago, Cista said:

Yea bridges and problems with them. One of those changes that destroy immersion and sadly pushes the Wurm gaming experience away from "virtual world sandbox" towards the equivalent of playing Sonic the Hedgehog on your phone.

They could remove wall collision detection too, like in A Tale in the Desert?

☐ Not rekt ☑ Rekt ☑ Really Rekt ☑ Tyrannosaurus Rekt ☑ Cash4Rekt.com ☑ Grapes of Rekt ☑ Ship Rekt ☑ Rekt markes the spot ☑ Caught rekt handed ☑ The Rekt Side Story ☑ Singin' In The Rekt ☑ Painting The Roses Rekt ☑ Rekt Van Winkle ☑ Parks and Rekt ☑ Lord of the Rekts: The Reking of the King ☑ Star Trekt ☑ The Rekt Prince of Bel-Air ☑ A Game of Rekt ☑ Rektflix ☑ Rekt it like it's hot ☑ RektBox 360 ☑ The Rekt-men ☑ School Of Rekt ☑ I am Fire, I am Rekt ☑ Rekt and Roll ☑ Professor Rekt ☑ Catcher in the Rekt ☑ Rekt-22 ☑ Harry Potter: The Half-Rekt Prince ☑ Great Rektspectations ☑ Paper Scissors Rekt ☑ RektCraft ☑ Grand Rekt Auto V ☑ Call of Rekt: Modern Reking 2 ☑ Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Rekt ☑ Rekt It Ralph ☑ Left 4 Rekt ☑ www.rekkit.com ☑ Pokemon: Fire Rekt ☑ The Shawshank Rektemption ☑ The Rektfather ☑ The Rekt Knight ☑ Fiddler on the Rekt ☑ The Rekt Files ☑ The Good, the Bad, and The Rekt ☑ Forrekt Gump ☑ The Silence of the Rekts ☑ The Green Rekt ☑ Gladirekt ☑ Spirekted Away ☑ Terminator 2: Rektment Day ☑ The Rekt Knight Rises ☑ The Rekt King ☑ REKT-E ☑ Citizen Rekt ☑ Requiem for a Rekt ☑ REKT TO REKT ass to ass ☑ Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Rekt ☑ Braverekt ☑ Batrekt Begins ☑ 2001: A Rekt Odyssey ☑ The Wolf of Rekt Street ☑ Rekt's Labyrinth ☑ 12 Years a Rekt ☑ Gravirekt ☑ Finding Rekt ☑ The Arekters ☑ There Will Be Rekt ☑ Christopher Rektellston ☑ Hachi: A Rekt Tale ☑ The Rekt Ultimatum ☑ Shrekt ☑ Rektal Exam ☑ Rektium for a Dream ☑ www.Trekt.tv ☑ Erektile Dysfunction

• Like 1

I think you will find a lot of *silent players who like this pass-through tree effect. Although I see no positive use for them to once again become a nuisance to block passage, some players think otherwise and it has been mentioned before, with no action taken thankfully. May this continue to be the case, says I. Aye?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I'm glad we can pass through trees now.  Before this, when you were being chased by a creature you had to go around trees, but they could go through them.  This was because it would be too much load on the server to do collision for the thousands of animals on a server.  This puts us on an equal standing with them.  It does not affect me that much anymore, but I'm sure a new player is happy they can escape an animal as quickly as possible.  And a thorn bush will still shred you, so all is good.

For as long as carts swivel left and right and go sideways I'd rather not have tree collisions :s

There were issues with collisions before bridges came out - run into a tree too fast or 'clip' it and suddenly find yourself stuck to the side of it, endless amounts of re-logging was not fun. Do not miss that, that's for sure.

Even still, I miss collisions, it does take something away from the game... just like pitch black nights, miss those too, longer render distances... lots of things from the old days I miss.

Can we get some client options to enable this stuff? At least then people have a choice.

Tree collision also provided positive mechanics for players as well.

Falling down a steep slope was alot more able to have a chance of surviving if there were trees one could grab onto (IE, move into to break the fall with as a foothold).

I, for one, would look forward to some fix that would enable tree collision to return without causing such problems as might have existed with bridges.