Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Is there a limit to the length of a road for the Highway Portals mod to work. I am on a 4k map and have settlements connected at each end of the map but they will not show up on the drop down menu. Other settlements closer to each other do show up however.

If properly connected there should be no limit. It could be something is not connected up correctly along the way. I have run a modified version of this mod on 4k map and never seen an issue with distance, our server has a very extensive road system. 

New mod: Waxed Food

• Allows preserving food items using beeswax
  • Preserved food items are no longer edible or usable in recipes but turn into decorations instead
    • They can be planted/secured and will not go into piles
    • They won't decay on deed and decay veeeery slowly in general
    • They can be painted
  • Waxing uses beeswax - 10% of the weight of the original item
  • Quality and Rarity of the original item is preserved

Downloads and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/waxed/releases

Edited by bdew
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, bdew said:

New mod: Waxed Food

What a cool idea!  I can already envision my decorations.  ?

Will this work for the green and white cherry, too, or are they not considered food?

53 minutes ago, Batta said:

What a cool idea!  I can already envision my decorations.  ?

Will this work for the green and white cherry, too, or are they not considered food?

They aren't considered food. The items you can preserve are either things you can eat or can cook with (and aren't liquid).

• Like 1

Updated versions for some mods that are broken in 1.9 beta:

HotS Fixes - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hotsfixes/releases/download/v0.4-beta19/hotsfixes-0.4-beta19.zip

BetterDig - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/betterdig/releases/download/v0.9-beta19/betterdig-0.9-beta19.zip

Taxidermy - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/taxidermy/releases/download/v1.8-beta19/taxidermy-1.8-beta19.zip

Those versions are not intended for use with the current live version (1.8)!

Also note taxidermy has a new config section for specifying colors for creatures, make sure to copy it over if you use a custom config.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Archaeology Tweaks 1.2 (for WU 1.9 beta)

• Updated to WU 1.9 beta
  • Added new vanilla fragments to default config
  • Modified archaeology cache system added:
    • Disabled by default, requires journalSystem enabled - see config for details
    • As you investigate tiles on a deed for which you have a full report you will be making progress towards discovering a cache
    • After each action that adds to your progress you will receive one of the following messages (depending on progress)
      • You feel like you're on the right path to finding a cache!
      • You feel like you're making progress to finding a cache!
      • You feel like you're getting close to finding a cache!
    • After enough investigations have been performed you will receive a hidden cache containing high-value fragments and a mini-token of the village
    • The cache will be placed in front of you and you will get an on screen message. Don't forget to loot it!
    • You can acquire multiple caches for the same village and unlike vanilla this does not consume the report

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/archeotweaks/releases/download/v1.2-beta19/archeotweaks-1.2-beta19.zip

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

@bdewWould you consider the following addition to movement tweaks mod?

Ability to have the speed of a vehicle (wagon, large cart, ship transporter) be impacted by the terrain type underneath it. A simplified version of this might be if running on a cateyed highway 100% of normal speed, cobblestone pavement 90% of normal speed, grass 80% of normal speed.

Thinking on this is that this would make roads and highways a lot more then just cosmetic since they would greatly impact travel speed. 

This would work similar to how running as a character works now. Configurable option of course so that people who don't want it can leave it turned off.

~Nappy

New mod: bdew server mod tools (WU 1.9+)

This is a library that will be used by my (and possibly other people's) mods.

For users there is nothing interesting here, just install it if you're told some mod requires it.

For developers there's some documentation in process of being written here, or check the source code :P

Downloads: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bdew_server_mod_tools/releases

New mod: Fishy tweaks (WU 1.9+)

• Everything can be configured in config file!
  • Added on screen notification when a fish bites (when rod fishing) or spawns (spear fishing) 
  • Caught fish can be automatically stored
    • When fishing from the ground this will try to store the fish in any keep net that the player has open
    • When fishing from a boat it will try to store in attached keep net, or crates/FSBs for larger ships or ship hold
    • When fishing with a net and none of the above apply the fish will be moved from the net to player inventory
  • Added passive skill gain ticks during fishing actions 
  • Spear fishing no longer misses if you click too far from the fish
    • Instead - if you click close you will get a bonus to your skill check
  • Nimbleness cast on spears makes fish with them easier
  • Wind of Ages and Blessing of the Dark casts on rods/spears/nets and their QL make fishing with them faster
  • Timers for various stages of the fishing and lore actions can be changed
  • Lore action will display a detailed report on all that you can currently catch after 40 skill
    • After 60 skill you will be able to look up detailed report on each fish, see what it likes and how it affects your chances

Requires bdew server mod tools!

Downloads: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fishytweaks/releases/tag/v1.0

qp8au6v.png 

QyKeRtk.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

There seems a problem with digging from the cart.

If you try to Dig from the cart it says you have to be on the ground.

Leveling is still working from the cart.

I keybinded my dig key again to Dig_to_Pile, but still not working then.

Got any solution?

5 minutes ago, Killerterreur said:

There seems a problem with digging from the cart.

If you try to Dig from the cart it says you have to be on the ground.

Leveling is still working from the cart.

I keybinded my dig key again to Dig_to_Pile, but still not working then.

Got any solution?

Fixed, using just dig now and it works again.

Fishy Tweaks updated to v1.1.0

• Added alwaysAllowTileGathering option - Always allow tile based gathering of fishing resources (grubs, wurms, bark, twigs)

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fishytweaks/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Waxed Food update to v1.1

• Added extraItems option - allows adding (non-food) items that can be waxed to preserve

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/waxed/releases/tag/v1.1

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 3:50 AM, Capsulecore said:

Is there a limit to the length of a road for the Highway Portals mod to work. I am on a 4k map and have settlements connected at each end of the map but they will not show up on the drop down menu. Other settlements closer to each other do show up however.

The destinations will show only those deeds that are connected to the highway you are currently on.  Even a break in the highway as it goes through a deed will end the connection.

I am confused about the Minipet mod.  The mod site shows it is your mod but it is no longer listed in your mods here on your forum.  We have been using your pet mod since you first brought it out.  Since the latest update the server crashes when a player tries to open an egg.  Have you scraped the pet mod or will you be listing it in the future again?

36 minutes ago, solarus225 said:

I am confused about the Minipet mod.  The mod site shows it is your mod but it is no longer listed in your mods here on your forum.  We have been using your pet mod since you first brought it out.  Since the latest update the server crashes when a player tries to open an egg.  Have you scraped the pet mod or will you be listing it in the future again?

it's in a separate thread, and there is an update there

not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but with the crop mod you get 1 pile of corn which can get very heavy, all good and most know that. The bit I found though is with corn you use grind stone on it and make 1 big cornflour which you can then use as 1 single cornflour in cooking with much more weight. So for me making gravy just became much faster as I can make 20kg at a time instead of like 1kg. Same for all other veggies, so onion and carrot for stock and so on.

• Like 1

Regarding your excellent Set Height mod, would it be in scope to add the following commands:

• Surface: A single corner height "#setcornerheight"? This should not need a radius.
  • Cave ceilings: Both flat and a corner.

you can already do single corners with the wand "set data" window

On 4/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, bdew said:

you can already do single corners with the wand "set data" window

Omg, I had no idea.  All this time, I've been setting the whole tile, then digging down the corners I didn't want that high.

But...how is this done?  When I choose "set data" on a tile on my sand heap, I don't see anything about corners.

Edited by Batta

did you try to do the corner and not the tile?

--=== edit ===--

the set height does the NW corner of that tile.

Edited by Cuddles