Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Having a problem on my server a player has noticed that he can collect some shards that are already identified without investigating.

Edited by Darkness1990

9 hours ago, Darkness1990 said:

Having a problem on my server a player has noticed that he can collect some shards that are already identified without investigating.

Pretty sure that's a vanilla feature if the investigation skillcheck is high enough.

Hey bdew,

What with placing things on surfaces being a thing now, would it be possible to ask you to extend taxidermy (or another mod, if you feel it doesn't fit with taxidermy) to allow objects to be set to never decay, so they can be used as decor? For balance, I would expect those items to become permanently unusable (food wouldn't be able to be prepared/cooked/eaten, tools wouldn't be useable, etc.) if the 'taxidermy' process is used on them. As I understand it, there's a way for GMs to do this, but not everyone is a GM, so having a way that everyone can have essentially permanent decor would be nice. 

Bdew,

How do you add commands to better dig for while mounted if they have an underscore, such as MINE_FORWARD. 

Thanks,

6 hours ago, Trithian said:

Bdew,

How do you add commands to better dig for while mounted if they have an underscore, such as MINE_FORWARD. 

Thanks,

Exactly like that.  If you look in the properties file, you'll see that there are already others in there with the underscore.

What I'm wondering is where to find a list of all these actions?

35 minutes ago, Batta said:

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Thanks!

Edited by Batta

On 10/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, DariusWolfe said:

Hey bdew,

What with placing things on surfaces being a thing now, would it be possible to ask you to extend taxidermy (or another mod, if you feel it doesn't fit with taxidermy) to allow objects to be set to never decay, so they can be used as decor? For balance, I would expect those items to become permanently unusable (food wouldn't be able to be prepared/cooked/eaten, tools wouldn't be useable, etc.) if the 'taxidermy' process is used on them. As I understand it, there's a way for GMs to do this, but not everyone is a GM, so having a way that everyone can have essentially permanent decor would be nice. 

There is no easy generic way to make it usable with all items, especially in a way that won't end up spamming servers with undecaying crap that will haunt the database till the end of time.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bdew said:

There is no easy generic way to make it usable with all items, especially in a way that won't end up spamming servers with undecaying crap that will haunt the database till the end of time.

Maybe a repair option could help. I dont know if you have this implemented, but it would solve the problem with expensive "no decay" items.

So players can repair this items (deco) like other stuff they are build.

Edited by Eject

12 hours ago, Batta said:

Exactly like that.  If you look in the properties file, you'll see that there are already others in there with the underscore.

Hmm, for some reason the skills that require an underscore are not working

10 hours ago, Eject said:

Maybe a repair option could help. I dont know if you have this implemented, but it would solve the problem with expensive "no decay" items.

So players can repair this items (deco) like other stuff they are build.

This is a caveat I can totally get behind. Having the items stick around forever with no one there to maintain them does sound like a legit problem (how does this work with the taxidermy mod?) but this feels like a fair and effective way to curb that problem.

I've been hearing people complain about this for a while but I'm not sure if Timer Fixes is something that can help this or not. 

Is there a way to get the timer fixes to "fix" leveling tiles in a mine? I'm told they're still going slow as default. 

@bdew We configured our betterfarming so that we could do 3x3s of everything at 30 skill.  When we reached 30, we did gain all abilities except cultivate 3x3. We still get only the single tile action.  Here are our configs:

cultivate=1@30,2@50,3@70
sow=1@30,2@50,3@70
farm=1@30,2@50,3@70
harvest=1@30,2@50,3@70
replant=1@30,2@50,3@70

2 hours ago, Batta said:

@bdew We configured our betterfarming so that we could do 3x3s of everything at 30 skill.  When we reached 30, we did gain all abilities except cultivate 3x3. We still get only the single tile action.  Here are our configs:

Cultivate is digging skill, not farming, did you get 30 digging too?

9 minutes ago, bdew said:

Cultivate is digging skill, not farming, did you get 30 digging too?

Ohhhh that explains it.  Thank you.  25 digging skill.  ?

Movement Tweaks v0.5 released

• Added a fix for delay in speed traits starting to work when mounting up (optional, can be disabled in config)
  • Added configurable multiplier to horse, hell horse, unicorn strength stat for purposes of speed calculation and carried weight
  • Added configurable multiplier to speed trait effect on speed calculation and carried weight

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/releases/tag/v0.5

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bdew said:

Movement Tweaks v0.5 released

• Added a fix for delay in speed traits starting to work when mounting up (optional, can be disabled in config)
  • Added configurable multiplier to horse, hell horse, unicorn strength stat for purposes of speed calculation and carried weight
  • Added configurable multiplier to speed trait effect on speed calculation and carried weight

I'm a bit confused about how to configure this. The speed of horses, hell horses and unicorns appears to be directly connected to the weight they can carry, or am I reading this wrong?  We want them to be able to carry as much as players can, which is hugely more than normal, but still want them to go only slightly faster than vanilla. Is it possible to allow us to configure specific weight limits in grams, as we do for players?

11 hours ago, Batta said:

The speed of horses, hell horses and unicorns appears to be directly connected to the weight they can carry

That's not how it works, their speed is only affected by the weight when the weight is above some threshold. That threshold is 5kg per point of BS + some bonus from traits (e.g. strong leg muscles adds 10kg while very unmotivated reduces by 3kg). Both of those numbers have multipliers that you can configure now and move that threshold.

In theory if you set it very high you will have no effect at all on speed from weight, tho that's not necessarily what you want.

You might need to do some experimenting to see where those numbers need to be with your setup.

For my servers i use the following settings:

Spoiler

weightLimit=10500

slowWeight=7875
encumberedWeight=9450

cantMoveWeight=10500
playerSpeedMultiplier=1.1
horseStrengthMultiplier=2
unicornStrengthMultiplier=3
weightTraitsMultiplier=3

• Like 1

I'm currently reviving my old server and for some reason Taxidermy causes my launcher to crash as it's putting up the server. This same server had an older version of Taxidermy working fine before so I'm not sure what's going on. (The same thing happens with Threedee, but that's a new addition to my modlist.) I can post logs if it would help figure things out

Make sure you have the latest modlauncher and latest version of the mods, if it still doesn't work - post logs.

@bdew Better digging - are we able to add custom actions, for which we have only an action number?  I'm particularly wanting to add the action of praying from a holy book, which just says "Pray" in the description, but has action # 993 (according to the custom keybinds mod).

9 hours ago, Batta said:

@bdew Better digging - are we able to add custom actions, for which we have only an action number?  I'm particularly wanting to add the action of praying from a holy book, which just says "Pray" in the description, but has action # 993 (according to the custom keybinds mod).

No it's not possible and wouldn't be a good idea. Modded action numbers are assigned during server startup and can change every time you add, remove and update mods. There is no persistent id (like mod items or creatures) that can be used either.

As such it is much better to get the mod that adds the action to also add an option for allowing it when mounted.

And yes i remember i said i'll add that option to better farming, i'll get to it soon ™ :P

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

On 22/11/2018 at 20:18, Batta said:

Estou um pouco confuso sobre como configurar isso. A velocidade de cavalos, cavalos do inferno e unicórnios parece estar diretamente ligada ao peso que eles podem carregar, ou estou lendo isso errado? Queremos que eles sejam capazes de carregar tanto quanto os jogadores, o que é muito mais do que o normal, mas ainda assim querem que eles sejam um pouco mais rápidos que a baunilha. É possível nos permitir configurar limites de peso específicos em gramas, como fazemos para os jogadores?

Could someone teach me how to install this mod with a tutorial?

1 hour ago, marcaozera said:

Could someone teach me how to install this mod with a tutorial?

Vejo que você já fez essa pergunta em muitos lugares diferentes, inclusive no fórum MoveMod. Seria melhor seguir o conselho que você recebeu em alguns desses lugares, porque não podemos lhe dar conselhos diferentes aqui. Boa sorte! Eu espero que você consiga trabalhar.

----------------------------------------

I see you have already asked this question in many different places, including in the MoveMod forum. It would be better to follow the advice you got in some of these places, because we can't give you different advice here.  Good luck!  I hope you get it working.

• Like 1