Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

For Taxidermy, just curious if you thought about using a different item to wood scrap since getting high ql wood scrap isn't easy. Maybe kindling instead?

Is anyone noticing performance issues with Custom NPCs? My FPS in Yew is 57 without them, then when I added NPCs, it dropped to 20-30 and even dipped down to 10 at times with massive lag when trying to move, to the point of the screen freezing momentarily. My fans were going nuts. 

Adding NPCs was the very last stage of getting Yew ready. So I had already decorated with all the items on tables and had already added the taxidermy models and there were no problems before that. It was only after spawning the custom npcs that performance started to really suffer.

I made a copy of the server, then deleted all the Yew NPCs. Sure enough, FPS went back from 30 to 57.

For some reason I never had that problem when I was decorating Nujel'm months ago. So I teleported there to check the FPS now. It was around 40-50, so pretty ok.

Physically, there is a big difference between Nujel'm and Yew: Yew is full of trees.Could it be that having both trees and NPCs is just too much to handle?

Or, is there possibly something in the latest version of Custom NPC that makes it more taxing...

2 hours ago, Malena said:

Is anyone noticing performance issues with Custom NPCs? My FPS in Yew is 57 without them, then when I added NPCs, it dropped to 20-30 and even dipped down to 10 at times with massive lag when trying to move, to the point of the screen freezing momentarily. My fans were going nuts. 

Adding NPCs was the very last stage of getting Yew ready. So I had already decorated with all the items on tables and had already added the taxidermy models and there were no problems before that. It was only after spawning the custom npcs that performance started to really suffer.

I made a copy of the server, then deleted all the Yew NPCs. Sure enough, FPS went back from 30 to 57.

For some reason I never had that problem when I was decorating Nujel'm months ago. So I teleported there to check the FPS now. It was around 40-50, so pretty ok.

Physically, there is a big difference between Nujel'm and Yew: Yew is full of trees.Could it be that having both trees and NPCs is just too much to handle?

Or, is there possibly something in the latest version of Custom NPC that makes it more taxing...

Keep in mind they use player models for their rendering (that's what allows to dress them, customise faces, etc.), so i'd expect similar performance to having a similar number of actual players nearby.

Hiya m8,

I'm getting a server crash with BetterFarm enabled. I'm running WU1.6.0 and BetterFarm1.4.

Log section is :

Spoiler

[12:24:06 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.bagofholding.BagOfHoldingMod: Registering BagOfHolding spell

[12:24:06 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modsupport/items/ItemIdParser

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modsupport/items/ItemIdParser

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:354)

at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)

at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1319)

at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:30)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modsupport/items/ItemIdParser

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:642)

at javassist.Loader.findClass(Loader.java:377)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager$1.findClass(HookManager.java:115)

at javassist.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:309)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

at net.bdew.wurm.betterfarm.planter.PlanterHooks.addPotables(PlanterHooks.java:21)

at net.bdew.wurm.betterfarm.BetterFarmMod.onServerStarted(BetterFarmMod.java:141)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.lambda$fireOnServerStarted$2(ServerHook.java:47)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.lambda$fire$0(Listeners.java:35)

at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:890)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.fire(Listeners.java:33)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.fireOnServerStarted(ServerHook.java:47)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:57)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

... 15 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.items.ItemIdParser

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at javassist.Loader.delegateToParent(Loader.java:426)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager$1.delegateToParent(HookManager.java:134)

at javassist.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:312)

... 31 more

Any ideas what can be causing it ? Thanks!

Edited by Bullbrand

probably veeeery

4 hours ago, Bullbrand said:

Hiya m8,

I'm getting a server crash with BetterFarm enabled. I'm running WU1.6.0 and BetterFarm1.4.

Any ideas what can be causing it ? Thanks!

Probably outdated modlauncher, make sure you use the latest version

On 4/29/2018 at 10:46 PM, bdew said:

Keep in mind they use player models for their rendering (that's what allows to dress them, customise faces, etc.), so i'd expect similar performance to having a similar number of actual players nearby.

Right. Well I'm pretty much a recluse in Wurm so I have never been in a situation where there are tons of people, so I have no idea how the game performs in big crowds, but I guess not very well! :)

I just noticed a drastic difference between the two areas and was wondering why that might be even though the -amount- of NPCs I spawned was around the same. 

One difference that comes to mind: might it be linked to the new ability to dye clothes? In Nujel'm I wasn't dyeing clothes (because obviously the game didn't support that yet), but in Yew I dyed almost all of their clothes. 

For now I've removed all the Yew NPCs, but will have to experiment with that later.

Hey dear Malena

I have a lot of custom npc´s in my starterdown

i looked now at my fps and see i have 57 now

Eject

Edit: nvm, it goes down to 30 now

Edited by Eject

19 hours ago, Malena said:

I just noticed a drastic difference between the two areas and was wondering why that might be even though the -amount- of NPCs I spawned was around the same. 

One difference that comes to mind: might it be linked to the new ability to dye clothes? In Nujel'm I wasn't dyeing clothes (because obviously the game didn't support that yet), but in Yew I dyed almost all of their clothes. 

I don't think dyeing could be a huge factor, that is handled by shader which cost very little in terms of performance.

You mentioned trees before that could be it, maybe try temporary reducing tree quality in the settings and see if it changes anything?

Also do any of them carry lamps or other light sources by chance? That has been a well known drain on performance on big player gatherings.

On 14/02/2016 at 5:52 AM, bdew said:

Installation (for all mods above)

Just a quick question about installation: Do these go on server, client or both?

8 minutes ago, Dampiir said:

Just a quick question about installation: Do these go on server, client or both?

The title of the topic should answer that question :D

Spoiler

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Better Farming - Updated Apr 26

That's what I thought but under installation it says to extract to client folder?

hey @bdewis there any chance you could find some time to possibly look at adding sprouts to your "better farming" (being able to plant multiple sprouts at once instead of having to do them one by one, would be alot less of a pain in the arse)

i have asked you about this quite a while ago, but i've been on a hiatus from wurm and have only returned in the past couple of days.. i would be most grateful if you could see if this is possible..

thanks

22 hours ago, ozmods said:

hey @bdewis there any chance you could find some time to possibly look at adding sprouts to your "better farming" (being able to plant multiple sprouts at once instead of having to do them one by one, would be alot less of a pain in the arse)

i have asked you about this quite a while ago, but i've been on a hiatus from wurm and have only returned in the past couple of days.. i would be most grateful if you could see if this is possible..

thanks

It's on my todo list, i'll get to it... one day :P

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, bdew said:

It's on my todo list, i'll get to it... one day :P

well shake it, or i might just have to come FIND YOU. LOL...

the latest iteration of bettterfarming seems busted, when i try to use it to plant a field from the barrel, there is no option to multi plant, it's only available for 1 tile at a time, there are no log errors that i can see, when i try the earlier iteration of this mod, there are no issues, actually i'm using 1.4 and it's harvesting crops right now, as i  type this (i can hear it harvesting in the background).. not sure if anyone else is having problems with it,  but it's most certainly not working for me

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

the latest iteration of bettterfarming seems busted, when i try to use it to plant a field from the barrel, there is no option to multi plant, it's only available for 1 tile at a time, there are no log errors that i can see, when i try the earlier iteration of this mod, there are no issues, actually i'm using 1.4 and it's harvesting crops right now, as i  type this (i can hear it harvesting in the background).. not sure if anyone else is having problems with it,  but it's most certainly not working for me

works for me.... are you trying to plant chopped crops by chance? if so that's intentional.

You said plant from the barrel? Are you confusing this mod with the old farming mod that required a special barrel? 

2 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

You said plant from the barrel? Are you confusing this mod with the old farming mod that required a special barrel? 

This mod allows players to plant from any barrel, satchel, etc.   Activate the container instead of the individual seeds to make it work.

• Like 1

I am aware just making sure he wasn't trying to use the other mod that had a unique barrel to plant an area. Because it likely would conflict or not work with bdew mod. Since that barrel was not a normal container and handled it much differently. So original question individual the question is still valid. I doubt you use both but just trying to help troubleshoot the issue.

nope not using both, could never get joe's mod to work, however the 1.4 version of this mod works flawlessly, it's just not working 1.5 and i'm at a loss as to why it's not working.. oh well since it's working for everyone else, i'll just keep using 1.4

Why does horses get all kinds of armor on them when stuffed?

I like the unicorn, but the horses looks weird..