Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Hitching Limits 0.2-pre1 Experimental build, might contain bugs and unintended features.

• New option: preventUnhitchingExPets - will prevent creatures that stop being a pet from unhitching.
  • New option: pacifyHitchedCreatures - makes hitched creatures unable to attack players. They will still fight back if attacked.

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hitchlimits/releases/download/v0.2-pre1/hitchlimits-0.2-pre1.zip

This should make hitching aggros less annoying.

Both options are disabled by default, to enable change in the properties file.

The code that had to be changed is a bit... crazy, and not in a good way. I'm not 100% that it didn't introduce some weird bugs elsewhere, so i'll call this a beta for now. If you run into any issues, please report :P

• Like 1

Woo, awesome Bdew. Gonna check it later on.

I'm still not hitching any aggros to carts, though. But if I find any issues I'll let ya know. :)

Seem to be having some issues with Movement Tweaks, Perhaps something to do with using Animal Hitching Limits

Normally riding a horse, even at 2x speed with high ql horse gear and enchants the horse goes like 3/4 of the normal movement speed, 8-12km/hr with no weight in inventory.

Carts work kind of properly, But some animals got incredibly quickly while some like horse carts hardly see a boost. Horse Cart goes 21km/hr, Rooster Cart, 33km/hr

3 hours ago, Hakameda said:

Seem to be having some issues with Movement Tweaks, Perhaps something to do with using Animal Hitching Limits

Well both mods do pretty much what you configure them to, it's hard to say anything without seeing the configuration in use.

Normally riding a horse, even at 2x speed with high ql horse gear and enchants the horse goes like 3/4 of the normal movement speed, 8-12km/hr with no weight in inventory.

What's your speed for horses set to ?..  I'ts the line that starts with "creature@64" in movemod.properties

But some animals got incredibly quickly while some like horse carts hardly see a boost. Horse Cart goes 21km/hr, Rooster Cart, 33km/hr

Hmm, that doesn't sound right... Hmm, what is  minimumStrengthCap set to?

30 minutes ago, bdew said:

Well both mods do pretty much what you configure them to, it's hard to say anything without seeing the configuration in use.

What's your speed for horses set to ?..  I'ts the line that starts with "creature@64" in movemod.properties

Hmm, that doesn't sound right... Hmm, what is  minimumStrengthCap set to?

I set it to 20

Just a heads up: WU beta 1.1.2.3 has that "unhitch when old" change active.

The current version of Hitch Limits doesn't handle that correctly, so if for whatever version you update your server to the beta branch - expect stuff randomly unhitching.

An update version of the mod will be available soon(tm).

• Like 1

The hitching limits mod is awesome, it was just what Valoria needed as several players have been breeding champ trolls and bears for carts and were disappointed to find they could not pimp out their carts with these creatures pulling them. Also a player who spent ages raising trolls to hitch onto his cart had them unhitch and then become too old to hitch back on. This mod has solved everything for us and also will let people on my server experiment a bit and have some fun!

Also added your move to centre mod today ;)

I will be looking to maybe use your movement mod in the future too, looks a lot better then what I'm currently using. But that will be for another day. Anyway just wanted to say +1 for the mods <3

• Like 1

hello bdew

with which editor would you say i can read the properties file better? its all in one line )(just try to edit the movemod)

thank you mate :)

23 minutes ago, Eject said:

hello bdew

with which editor would you say i can read the properties file better? its all in one line )(just try to edit the movemod)

thank you mate :)

Crap, i wanted to fix this but completely forgot about it >.>

The problem is that it uses unix-style line nedings. Most text editors that aren't Microsoft notepad support that, e.g. Notepad++ or Notepad2

better digging:

What is going on with this part of the code? I ask because it's messing with something I have.

else if ("com.wurmonline.server.items.Item".equals(m.getClassName()) && "getFreeVolume".equals(m.getMethodName())) {
	m.replace("$_ = 1000;");
	logInfo("Installed getFreeVolume digging override at line " + m.getLineNumber());
}

[12:53:37 AM] INFO BetterDigMod: Installed getFreeVolume digging override at line 966

I double check that 966 is the same place I'm trying to make an edit and it is.  Is the point of this to remove volume checks for the dredge?  That is basicly my purpose also for changes in big-containers. (I'm not moving dirt to the boat. Instead making the dredge able to hold infinite amounts dirt).

5 hours ago, joedobo said:

I double check that 966 is the same place I'm trying to make an edit and it is.  Is the point of this to remove volume checks for the dredge?  That is basicly my purpose also for changes in big-containers. (I'm not moving dirt to the boat. Instead making the dredge able to hold infinite amounts dirt).

Yes it removes the free space check for dredging because with the later modifications dirt will never end up in the dredge (it either goes to a crate, the ship inventory or the ground).

Anything i can do to make it less of a problem?

Edited by bdew

16 hours ago, bdew said:

Yes it removes the free space check for dredging because with the later modifications dirt will never end up in the dredge (it either goes to a crate, the ship inventory or the ground).

Anything i can do to make it less of a problem?

no. I don't need to do something you already did. I'll just disable the code in my mod.

I think I need to start thinking about other author's mods. You know where in Modloader I can check to get a list of all the mods?

A got a bigger problem with the following. I think I'll try to mod your mod in the preInit() stage.

} else {
	// Send message if the vehicle is too full
	performer.getCommunicator().sendNormalServerMessage(String.format("The %s is too full to hold the %s.", vehicle.getName(), item.getName()));
	return false;
}

My big containers BAEA mod basically removes all checks to volume and the x,y,z size checks. Storing stuff is completely unlimited and unrestricted. Well the 100 item thing is still there.

5 minutes ago, joedobo said:

You know where in Modloader I can check to get a list of all the mods?

Implement ModListener interface on your mod class, you will get callbacks for all other mods.

10 minutes ago, joedobo said:

A got a bigger problem with the following

If you change Item.getFreeVolume to always return a big value that code shouldn't trigger (unless it hits the 100 limit).

• Like 1

@bdewIn your movement tweaks module is there anyway to set the values for creaturemod animals like zebras etc?

On 2/13/2016 at 0:52 PM, bdew said:

Better Digging

• Changes dirt from digging/flattening/leveling to drop on the ground instead of going to the inventory of the player.
  • Allows dirt from digging/flattening/leveling/dredging to go into a vehicle being dragged or ridden. If there are crates in it's cargo - it can automatically go into those.
  • Uses dirt from the ground, a vehicle and even crates inside the vehicle when leveling.

Better digging.... better resource management...?

Hi bdew, I'm loving your mods - thanks!

A couple quick questions/requests. How feasible would it be to extend the functionality of your Better Digging mod to include other resources, and to allow better resource management in general while crafting? What I'm thinking of is 1) allowing chopped trees/logs, mined rocks/ores, and foraged/botanized/harvested resources to go directly into a vehicle/container as is currently implemented for digging, 2) allow crafted materials (e.g. sawing logs into planks) to go directly into a vehicle/container instead of the players' inventory, and 3) allow certain (or all) crafting resources to be dragged directly from a vehicle/container into the crafting window, rather than from the vehicle/container into the player's inventory first and then from there into the crafting window.

In particular these features would be especially helpful when working on large projects that require an absolute ton of resources (guard towers, boats, etc.) as it would save a tremendous amount of hassle from constantly having to drag and drop resources back and forth between inventories. Imagine being able to chop a tree down and having the tree/logs go directly into the vehicle, sawing the logs into planks directly from/into the vehicle, and then using the planks (again directly from the vehicle) to continue building your project. As it stands currently I have to fell trees, chop them into logs, pick them up, transfer them from my inventory into a vehicle (or a container within the vehicle), transport them to base, back into my inventory (small stacks at a time) to craft into planks, back into the vehicle/containers for storage, repeating as often as necessary until all the logs are completed, then over to the construction site to continue building the project by taking the planks out of the vehicle into my inventory (again, small stacks at a time) and then placing them from there into the crafting window, repeating again as often as necessary until the vehicle is out of planks.

• Like 3

How does the claim chest work? I installed it. If I rightclick a chest - there is nothing. I would think there would be a "claim" option on menu?

On 11/11/2016 at 7:57 AM, Jukken said:

How does the claim chest work? I installed it. If I rightclick a chest - there is nothing. I would think there would be a "claim" option on menu?

Is the chest locked? Some of them spawn unlocked so you can just open and take what's in them. The claim action will only appear on the locked ones.

Does not matter if locked or not, still can't open them.

I can open them with GM of course... no lock on chest...but still can't open with regular character.

No "claim" option on any of them.

Edited by Jukken

10 hours ago, Jukken said:

Does not matter if locked or not, still can't open them.

I can open them with GM of course... no lock on chest...but still can't open with regular character.

No "claim" option on any of them.

Hmm, weird. It should work even for GM characters...

XENfbrS.jpg

Check your server log for any errors about the mod, either on startup or when clicking a chest.