Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

@bdewIt would be very handy if the movement tweaks related to humans could be configurable to work either for all players, or for GMs only.  Is this possible?  On my current server, we'd like the GM to be able to lift huge stacks of debris without being slowed, but not for regular players to do so.  We previously used BetterGamemasters, before we got movemod, but movemod apparently cancels those features of BetterGamemasters.

10 hours ago, Batta said:

@bdewIt would be very handy if the movement tweaks related to humans could be configurable to work either for all players, or for GMs only.  Is this possible?  On my current server, we'd like the GM to be able to lift huge stacks of debris without being slowed, but not for regular players to do so.  We previously used BetterGamemasters, before we got movemod, but movemod apparently cancels those features of BetterGamemasters.

You can just turn on flying as gm, it's not affected by speed

5 hours ago, bdew said:

You can just turn on flying as gm, it's not affected by speed

It's not just being able to move, but without the movemod I can't pick up almost anything.  I'm trying to play my GM as a regular toon except when needed as a GM, so my Body strength etc. are still very low.  I'd love to be able to use movemod to tweak what I can pick up and carry, but not to turn it on for all players.

Would it be possible to add an option to the Highway Portals mod to make them GM creatable only?

*update:  Nevermind, I was able to use the instructions on page 21 to accomplish what I wanted to do.  Thank you very much  😁

Edited by Goibniu
mission accomplished

Anyway to add the icons back to the selection bar when using Betterfarm? I keybind, but some players have said the select bar button to tend/harvest/sow disappear after hitting the pre-designated levels for AOE farming. I could look at it if you don't want to deal with it, but I figure you probably have a faster solution since you wrote it.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:18 AM, Ayluin said:

Anyway to add the icons back to the selection bar when using Betterfarm? I keybind, but some players have said the select bar button to tend/harvest/sow disappear after hitting the pre-designated levels for AOE farming. I could look at it if you don't want to deal with it, but I figure you probably have a faster solution since you wrote it.

We have a player who can't 'cultivate' - the option doesn't show up on his right-click menu at all.  When we removed the mod, he could cultivate again.  Everyone else could cultivate, both singly and areas, but not him. 

Only thing that we think is different about him is that he doesn't have a deity, he doesn't even follow one, let alone being a priest.  Though, this seems extremely unlikely to affect this, I should think. 

Also, this player may not have any client mods - does Ago's client basic modloader need to be in use?

EDIT:

Okay, took a backup of the server, and set it up locally.  Changed the player's "password" to my Steam ID, and I logged in, to see if there was anything I could see from his character's POV. 

There was nothing wrong. 

I even went so far as to rename my Wurm Unlimited folder to something else, and redownloaded the client through Steam, thinking that if he has no mods, my mods could be an issue.  Nope, still get the 'Cultivate' action (as well as the 3x3, 5x5, etc additional actions) on the right click menu.  

I'm starting to think it's client issue, and he'll need to 'verify', or just download it again.

Edited by Tyarra
Further Info

Yeah all the actions appear in right-click for this particular user, this user just uses the select bar near the top rather than keybinds or actions in the right-click menu. The select bar actions did not appear on my client or their client, and I have to validate my client quite frequently so I assume rather than it being an issue with the client, there's probably a lack of adding the functions to the select bar. By select bar, I am talking about the bar that appears near the target bar but for items, ground tiles, etc. when you left-click on something. If I pushed my farming below 50 where I have betterfarm activate, it uses the original farming actions and the select bar to cultivate/tend/harvest with a rake appear. If I push my farming above 50 where betterfarm activates, the icons disappear and all you have left on a crop field was Examine in the select bar. It's not a huge deal, I think 99% of people right-click and use keybinds, this particular user just prefers the selection bar for whatever reason.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, bdew said:

Make sure you have the latest version of both fishytweaks (including the properties file which was broken in 1.0 release) and the server mod tools. If it still doesn't work post full logs from server startup.

Hey! Love your work, I use the addons on another server I play on, but am currently trying to help out a friend incorporate them into his server. He's using  pingperfect, if you've heard of it. Anyway, he has a bunch of mods installed and the server doesn't want to start up. I noticed for one mod, I think "spellcraft" I had to update the property file because a word in there was incomplete. Now, I'm getting the same issue as the guy you commented on. I was hoping there'd be more discourse so i could copy ;). Anyway, I've since downloaded bdew server mod tools, as i read it was required. I placed the folder with the .jar into the mods folder with all other mods. There's no property file for this correct? I'm getting the same error the individual aforementioned was getting. I think both the mod file and property file he downloaded were released 4/9/19. Does that sound like the most recent? Hoping you can help, just let me know w/e I should send you Thanks!

5 hours ago, Zeddicus said:

Hey! Love your work, I use the addons on another server I play on, but am currently trying to help out a friend incorporate them into his server. He's using  pingperfect, if you've heard of it. Anyway, he has a bunch of mods installed and the server doesn't want to start up. I noticed for one mod, I think "spellcraft" I had to update the property file because a word in there was incomplete. Now, I'm getting the same issue as the guy you commented on. I was hoping there'd be more discourse so i could copy ;). Anyway, I've since downloaded bdew server mod tools, as i read it was required. I placed the folder with the .jar into the mods folder with all other mods. There's no property file for this correct? I'm getting the same error the individual aforementioned was getting. I think both the mod file and property file he downloaded were released 4/9/19. Does that sound like the most recent? Hoping you can help, just let me know w/e I should send you Thanks!

server mod tools indeed does not have a property file (it's loaded on demand)

The date you wrote is right i think, you can check if the property file has a line that says

depend.requires=bdew_server_mod_tools

if it's missing it can cause that error.

As i said in the post you quoted... if it still doesn't work post full logs.

@bdew  RE: Movement Tweaks for GMs

Would it be possible to make a separate config for GMs than for regular players?  It would be great to be able to set the GMs to be able to carry more or less infinite weight, as it seems I'm always toting around heavy objects (rather than re-creating them every single time they're needed, which is time-consuming).

On 4/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, Ayluin said:

Yeah all the actions appear in right-click for this particular user, this user just uses the select bar near the top rather than keybinds or actions in the right-click menu. The select bar actions did not appear on my client or their client, and I have to validate my client quite frequently so I assume rather than it being an issue with the client, there's probably a lack of adding the functions to the select bar. By select bar, I am talking about the bar that appears near the target bar but for items, ground tiles, etc. when you left-click on something. If I pushed my farming below 50 where I have betterfarm activate, it uses the original farming actions and the select bar to cultivate/tend/harvest with a rake appear. If I push my farming above 50 where betterfarm activates, the icons disappear and all you have left on a crop field was Examine in the select bar. It's not a huge deal, I think 99% of people right-click and use keybinds, this particular user just prefers the selection bar for whatever reason.

I looked at this problem... Select bar can't show the actions when my mod puts them in a submenu.

I don't see an easy way of adding the custom area actions to the select bar but i'll fix it to at least put the single-tile actions back in next version.

11 hours ago, Batta said:

Would it be possible to make a separate config for GMs than for regular players?  It would be great to be able to set the GMs to be able to carry more or less infinite weight, as it seems I'm always toting around heavy objects (rather than re-creating them every single time they're needed, which is time-consuming).

I'll look into that.

Movement Tweaks updated to v0.6

• Added gmSpeedMultiplier setting (like playerSpeedMultiplier but for GMs)
  • Prevent encumbrance and stamina drain when walking on GMs

With this versions GMs should be able to lift silly (basically 2^31 grams) weights and not get slowed down by them, also they can move without losing stamina regardless of weight.

There's also a new config setting to modify base movement speed for GMs.

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/releases/tag/v0.6

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 3:20 AM, bdew said:

Movement Tweaks updated to v0.6

• Added gmSpeedMultiplier setting (like playerSpeedMultiplier but for GMs)
  • Prevent encumbrance and stamina drain when walking on GMs

Thank you so much!  This will make a huge difference.  😄 

Better Farming BETA 2.0-pre1

I rewrote most of the mod to make it easier to extend and let area actions work on items. Quite a lot of code was rewritten or refactored so i'm putting this out as a beta to get more people to test it and see that i didn't break anything with the changes.

The mod now includes support for area actions on trellises (harvest, prune, pick sprout) - using gardening skill level to unlock (by default 3x3 at 50, 5x5 at 70, 7x7 at 90)

This will also be used to integrate the Planters mod with this one and allow area actions on large planters if you have both installed.

I also plan to add the same for trees/bushes but that's not implemented yet.

Also considering adding other area actions like picking/planting flowers, cutting grass, etc. 

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/betterfarm/releases/tag/v2.0-pre1

The default config got 2 new lines for pick sprouts and prune skill levels, if you use a custom config you'll need to add them

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

@bdewwhen you say BETA version, does this mean we should use it only if running a beta version of WU?  Or is it intended for everyone?

2 hours ago, Batta said:

@bdewwhen you say BETA version, does this mean we should use it only if running a beta version of WU?  Or is it intended for everyone?

No, you can use it with both live and beta branches of the game.

This version is somewhat experimental, since i rewrote huge chunks of code, and might contain bugs, hence it's beta until i can do more testing myself or get more feedback from users.

• Like 1

@bdewWould it be feasible to add grass to large planters, so that animals could graze on them in cave dwellings?  Maybe enchanted grass to the magic planters?

Edited by Batta

On 7/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, Batta said:

@bdewWould it be feasible to add grass to large planters, so that animals could graze on them in cave dwellings?  Maybe enchanted grass to the magic planters?

idk about grass, but for now animals can't graze on planters anyway. If/when i add grazing they can graze on crops planters just as well.

Also planters questions should go in planters thread please :P

8 hours ago, bdew said:

Also planters questions should go in planters thread please :P

oops.  Okay.  

Better Farming 2.0 is out!

• Rewrote most of the mod to make it easier to extend and let area actions work on items
  • Added API for other mods to implement custom handlers for tiles/items
  • Added new area actions for trees and bushes: plant, harvest, prune and pick sprout
  • Added new area actions for trellises: harvest, prune and pick sprout
  • Added allowMountedAreaActions setting - allows all area actions to be performed when riding a mount/vehicle
  • Improved handling of rarity window when doing area actions
  • Fixed selection bar not showing vanilla actions

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/betterfarm/releases/download/v2.0/betterfarm-2.0.zip

• Like 1