Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

We were playing around with this today and came up with some fun "trophy" items using taxidermy. Here is a dragon at 2x normal size, a little something fun to drive your cart through on the bridges:

F6B56E681F8A3E699792829D1C8A1BE03E4D326D

It also turns out pretty nicely to make a 1/4 sized creature and paint it gold, as a trophy from a hunt:

485D8B2D9EC1170C3D8564DE5E2433B03CA39D3D

Edited by Batta
  • Like 3

Is it possible to make Taxidermy mod configurable so that it requires a very high level of Fine carp skill (I'd set it to 90), and costs money (I'd go with 50 silver)?  I'd like to offer this to my players, but I need some way to keep the world from being overrun with them and creating massive lag for those with weaker computers.

Your REALLY are  a fast learner there batta, i can remember when you first appeared.. You should be proud of how far you have come.. Technologically speaking... Regarding WU. Great job 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

Thanks again Bdew. World of Wonders is running both taxidermy and your new 3D mod for placing things on tables. Both are working very well. I will let you know if we find anything. I need to do some modification to taxidermy for some of my custom sized mobs so they don't use a normal size model but that is something for me to work out. 

Awesome. If you want to mess with the scaling you can start here - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/taxidermy/blob/master/src/main/java/net/bdew/wurm/taxidermy/PreserveAction.java#L90

2 hours ago, Batta said:

Is it possible to make Taxidermy mod configurable so that it requires a very high level of Fine carp skill (I'd set it to 90), and costs money (I'd go with 50 silver)?  I'd like to offer this to my players, but I need some way to keep the world from being overrun with them and creating massive lag for those with weaker computers.

Hm, you could just sell the kits on traders instead of having them craftable. And maybe add an optional modifier to the difficulty of preserving (it currently scales with base mob difficulty). Will need more granular settings than there are right now, i'll think about it.

In terms of graphics lag the lying butchered ones shouldn't be different from a normal corpse. The animated ones are more problematic but you can already limit their creation by karma.

Edited by bdew

7 hours ago, bdew said:

Hm, you could just sell the kits on traders instead of having them craftable.

I'm currently not able to create taxidermy kits on my server that has them non-craftable by anyone but GMs. They just don't show up on my wand's Create list. 

Edited by Batta

Hey Bdew,

I noticed something strange with the town portal's mod.  I'm not sure if it's on my end or not but I thought I'd post here to see if maybe this is an issue.  First off everything works exactly like you should it would with one exception.  If the deed has an apostrophe in it's name then it won't populate the drop list correctly.  Basically say there was a deed called Jack's Mansion.   It will show everything in the drop down menu up until the apostrophe but anything after the apostrophe (including the apostrophe) doesn't show up.  So any deeds starting with A through Jack would show up but nothing after that show's up.  Something like this:    Avalon, Dark Castle, Jack     This could possibly be an issue with Wurm in general but it show's up fine on the Find a route list and the GM Set teleport destination list.  Also you're still able to teleport to the deed with the apostrophe. 

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for all of the hard work you do for the community

Everyone on my server is loving it so far. Only suggestion I have is make it possible to teleport to a portal that is located underground (in a cave). Keep up the awesome job!

Edited by Governor

On 1/15/2018 at 9:06 PM, Batta said:

I'm currently not able to create taxidermy kits on my server that has them non-craftable by anyone but GMs. They just don't show up on my wand's Create list. 

Yes right now they aren't registered if crafting is disabled, i meant after i make the settings more granular.

9 hours ago, Asperis said:

Hey Bdew,

I noticed something strange with the town portal's mod.  I'm not sure if it's on my end or not but I thought I'd post here to see if maybe this is an issue.  First off everything works exactly like you should it would with one exception.  If the deed has an apostrophe in it's name then it won't populate the drop list correctly.  Basically say there was a deed called Jack's Mansion.   It will show everything in the drop down menu up until the apostrophe but anything after the apostrophe (including the apostrophe) doesn't show up.  So any deeds starting with A through Jack would show up but nothing after that show's up.  Something like this:    Avalon, Dark Castle, Jack     This could possibly be an issue with Wurm in general but it show's up fine on the Find a route list and the GM Set teleport destination list.  Also you're still able to teleport to the deed with the apostrophe. 

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for all of the hard work you do for the community

Hm i'll look into fixing it. Joys of BML \o/

9 hours ago, Governor said:

Everyone on my server is loving it so far. Only suggestion I have is make it possible to teleport to a portal that is located underground (in a cave). Keep up the awesome job!

Doesn't it work underground? It should... i'll look into it.  Edit: I've just tested with an underground portal and was able to teleport to/from it. Are you getting an error or how it doesn't work for you?

Edited by bdew

Taxidermy

Bdew, is it possible to make a pet with this new creatures?

My players love them and most like a mini pet ^^

if you can pack this pet with stablemaster in your inventory, that would be awesome :) i saw now you can take it

Eject

Edited by Eject

3 hours ago, Eject said:

Taxidermy

Bdew, is it possible to make a pet with this new creatures?

My players love them and most like a mini pet ^^

if you can pack this pet with stablemaster in your inventory, that would be awesome :) i saw now you can take it

Eject

It can't act as a pet because it's an item... It's dead, jim!

• Like 4

When I had a town portal underground, my character will teleport to it fine but the vehicle will be on the surface on the same tile I am. I will test it on a fresh server when I get home since you had no issues.

2 hours ago, Governor said:

When I had a town portal underground, my character will teleport to it fine but the vehicle will be on the surface on the same tile I am. I will test it on a fresh server when I get home since you had no issues.

Oh right, i didn't test vehicles and now i see the error. Will fix in next update.

Highway Portals v1.2 is out

• Fixed teleporting vehicles between surface/cave layer not working

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hwportals/releases/tag/v1.2

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Hey Bdew.  I just tested out both the single apostrophe and the surface/cave vehicle teleporting and they both work.  Thanks for the quick response.

Highway Portals v1.3 is out ("are we done yet?" edition)

• Portals are no longer indestructible, but won't decay on deed and take a really long time otherwise
  • Portals can now be dyed (using 8kg of dye or rune)
  • Portals will no longer show up as mission targets
  • Portals can now be rotated (why the hell no one complained about that?)

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/hwportals/releases/tag/v1.3

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

PSA: I've found a bug in serverpacks mod, this bug along with the symptoms listed in the link will also make some players unable to use town portals, they will constantly get a message about not being fully manifested into the world.

It's pretty rare and requires some specific timing to happen so if you aren't affected you shouldn't worry about it, but if it happens - temporarily disabling serverpacks on the client will fix it.

• Like 1

Suggestion for the highway portals mod. When the town portal is inactive, the portal model is static (like the way it is now). When active, make the model the animated one with the bubble in the middle. That would be pretty cool.

On 13.01.2018 at 10:40 AM, Malena said:

So having an absolute blast with this mod so far. 

One of the issues I've been trying to solve for Ultima Nostalgia has been the NPC situation. In UO, each shop or establishment will have NPCs hanging around with matching names and titles. So of course I'd like to "populate" the server accordingly. At first I was spawning humans with such names just the normal way through "summon", and while it was nice that I could give the NPC a proper name and choose the gender, even dress them to my liking, they would of course never stick around to the spot I wanted them to chill in and would just wander off. 

So when this taxidermy thing came, I thought this might be the perfect solution for planting NPCs all over the place. 

But now that I started doing that, I realize that every time you spawn one, it differs from "summon" in that:

• It does not randomize the visual look, they all have the same model, same face etc
  • They are all male
  • When I name them, or actually naming any "preserved corspe" will have the "birchwood" material attached to it. So I've got "birchwood skeletons" and "birchwood blacksmiths" as below etc

So 1. Is there any chance to omit the birchwood material showing in the name?

And 2. Is there any chance for the spawned NPCs to randomize their facial + hair look and gender?

I don't mind that I can't dress them, I'd be more than happy with the NPCs just looking like different humans and not clones.

Try using material magic, when you making preserved body.

Edited by MrLolan
  • Like 1

New mod: No Damage 

• Not recommended for normal servers!
  • Removes all damage from items, walls, roofs, floors, fences and bridges from all sources.
  • With this mod nothing will ever decay, bashing is impossible (except GMs)
  • Any attempt to damage anything will reset it to 0 damage, unless it's 100 damage in one tick (this is to allow GMs to still remove walls, etc).

Downloads and source code:  https://github.com/bdew-wurm/nodamage/releases

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Governor said:

Suggestion for the highway portals mod. When the town portal is inactive, the portal model is static (like the way it is now). When active, make the model the animated one with the bubble in the middle. That would be pretty cool.

I'll add it as an option. On my server i use the model with the thingy inside as server portals so i didn't want to use it for town portals as well.... we need more portal models :P

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bdew said:

New mod: No Damage 

• Not recommended for normal servers!
  • Removes all damage from items, walls, roofs, floors, fences and bridges from all sources.
  • With this mod nothing will ever decay, bashing is impossible (except GMs)
  • Any attempt to damage anything will reset it to 0 damage, unless it's 100 damage in one tick (this is to allow GMs to still remove walls, etc).

Downloads and source code:  https://github.com/bdew-wurm/nodamage/releases

As mentioned in my other post....

...you're a life saver bdew. Thank you SO MUCH for this!!!

I set the Data2 to 20 but the size dont change... What do i wrong?

19 minutes ago, Elsa said:

I set the Data2 to 20 but the size dont change... What do i wrong?

Try pushing/pulling/rotating. Then the change should show :)

1 hour ago, Malena said:

Try pushing/pulling/rotating. Then the change should show :)

No didn't helped.