Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Better Digging updated to v0.3

• Fixed another bug with locked carts... *derp*
  • Like 1

Loving the Better Digging mod. Found an interesting scenario.

Dug 9000 clay and filled up 30 large crates. Each digging action it added 10 clay to the large crate.

When all 30 large crates were full it then started to fill up the cart with clay, adding 1 clay only for each digging action.

Is this expected behavior?

29 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Loving the Better Digging mod. Found an interesting scenario.

Dug 9000 clay and filled up 30 large crates. Each digging action it added 10 clay to the large crate.

When all 30 large crates were full it then started to fill up the cart with clay, adding 1 clay only for each digging action.

Is this expected behavior?

The clay that went to the cart should have been in one 20kg chunk per action (which is 10 normal 2kg chunks combined)

It was indeed 20 kg chunks. Missed that fine detail - grin - sorry about that!

Timer Fix v0.4

• Added a fix for destroy floor timer
  • Like 1

Bdew, how do I specify which corner to move to? Stand in that corner or face that corner?

It moves to the corner that's closest to the current item position

• Like 1

Ah! I can see that now that you mention it! 

These are great mods/ Thank you, Bdew.

Better digging has a bug: it digs up 20 kilos of clay per dig action. 

oh nevermind, stupid me. I took it was a digging-as-mining mod, now I've read the description. :-)

Edited by nekoexmachina

2 hours ago, nekoexmachina said:

Better digging has a bug: it digs up 20 kilos of clay per dig action. 

oh nevermind, stupid me. I took it was a digging-as-mining mod, now I've read the description. :-)

It is a digging-as-mining mod but with some additional stuff. You can change the amount of clay per action in the config.

Could you make dirt work like clay? Multiple dirt per dig. Then dirt layers can be a bit lower but not make dirt walls a pain in the ass. Some kind of configurable number. 1x, 2x, 3x etc. Possibly apply to sand as well.

Maybe clay per dig based on digging skill? Just a thought :)

6 hours ago, Hakameda said:

Could you make dirt work like clay? Multiple dirt per dig. Then dirt layers can be a bit lower but not make dirt walls a pain in the ass. Some kind of configurable number. 1x, 2x, 3x etc. Possibly apply to sand as well.

How would that work with dropping though? If you can dig 2 dirt per action while lowereing the ground by only 1 dirt, you can just create infinite dirt by digging and dropping on the same spot.

I guess it could remove as much dirt from the map as it gives you, but that'd be more complicated to implement.

6 hours ago, Xyp said:

Maybe clay per dig based on digging skill? Just a thought :)

It's possible... but why? No raw resource in wurm changes the ammount you get depending on your skill.

Farming :P I am also working on making harvesting trees be skill dependant as to what you get. Used to you got multiple harvests per season now you get 1 kinda woah with the new transmute thing.

14 hours ago, bdew said:

How would that work with dropping though? If you can dig 2 dirt per action while lowereing the ground by only 1 dirt, you can just create infinite dirt by digging and dropping on the same spot.

I guess it could remove as much dirt from the map as it gives you, but that'd be more complicated to implement.

Can it be modded so you need to drop a bigger weight dirt for ground to change? Would it work well with rest of better digging mechanics?

From what i tried, If you pick up a 60kg of dirt and drop it. Still only raises slope by one. So people would have to split it or something. Maybe if you can implement it, Add a warning saying it creates infinite dirt. Then atleast on pvp servers with low dirt level you can get enough dirt for walls and there isn't huge tracts of land dug to rock

On 5/20/2016 at 4:43 AM, Hakameda said:

Can it be modded so you need to drop a bigger weight dirt for ground to change?

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point? Like if you get 100kg per dig action but it takes 100kg to raise by 1 - you are back to square 1 with heavier dirt :P

To be honest if you want to make dirt walls easier to build you could just buff the dirt spell... make it completely fill a crate/bsb for 1 cast - problem solved.

9 minutes ago, bdew said:

To be honest if you want to make dirt walls easier to build you could just buff the dirt spell... make it completely fill a crate/bsb for 1 cast - problem solved.

Would be a nice mod for your own server bdew :P;) 

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point? Like if you get 100kg per dig action but it takes 100kg to raise by 1 - you are back to square 1 with heavier dirt :P

Ouch! (grin)

Hello Bdew,

I love your better digging mod, was wondering if you working on a better mining mod that does the same thing.  IE mining from a cart filling up crates in a cart. :)  Not being lazy but there is a tunnel to china im trying to make :)

• Like 1

Knowing Drpox, he will also want a portals mod so he can keep tunneling even when he has reached the end of his current world.:P

• Like 1

2 new mods:

Movement Tweaks

• Allows server admins to tweak many things related to movement of players, mounts  and vehicles
    • Speeds
    • Weight limits for players
    • Min/Max heights, depths and slopes
    • Wind impact for boats
    • Loading ranges
    • Required skills
  • Animal hitching to boats (experimental, disabled by default)
  • Extremely configurable - default settings match vanilla but everything is changeable from the config
  • Example config (from my own server) here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/blob/master/altconfig/movemod.properties 

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/releases

Fix Guards

• Fixes villages spawning infinite number of templars due to a database error
  • To use, as a GM go to the village in question and type #fixguards
  • You should see "Done" in event window when it's done, and some guards will either poof or will be assigned to the village correctly, after that no more extra guards should spawn
  • Might cause a small lagspike if you have a lot of creatures on the server, as it checks all of them

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fixguards/releases

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

omg slopes, u are the bestestest!

movement tweaks up n running , is'nt quite compatible with boatmod, does some weird stuff, like boats cant turn with windimpact 0, so i have disabled the first setting in boatmod  and set windimpact to 90, and turned up the boat speeds to like 25,  but i was gonna try windimpact1 and see

trying to achieve constant fast speeds

Hey Bdew, appreciate all the work and effort you do.  I was wondering if there's a fix to make mining timers even faster?  They still seem to be stuck at about Wurm speeds.  Didn't know if there's a fix for this or not?