Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

3 minutes ago, Malena said:

So of course first thing was to start rotating them around again. But the keybinds refuse to work with these objects anymore. My push/pull/rotate keybinds still work absolutely fine with other objects. Annnnnnddd I CAN in fact right click and use the movement tools in the context menu. I just can't use my keybinds on them! 

Yep that's another side effect of that change.... the client thinks you're trying to rotate a living creature and says "nope i won't allow that nonsense". I've posted about it a few pages back.

One solution for now (until i find a saner workaround) is to use my action mod to bind the raw rotate/push/pull/etc. actions to keys as those bypass this check.

e.g. bind ctrl+w "act 99 hover" for push and so on, the numbers for each action is here:

nghpjGX.png

14 minutes ago, bdew said:

Yep that's another side effect of that change.... the client thinks you're trying to rotate a living creature and says "nope i won't allow that nonsense". I've posted about it a few pages back.

One solution for now (until i find a saner workaround) is to use my action mod to bind the raw rotate/push/pull/etc. actions to keys as those bypass this check.

e.g. bind ctrl+w "act 99 hover" for push and so on, the numbers for each action is here:

nghpjGX.png

Oh I see, sorry I probably missed it before. I did already send you a video (in a private message), and there was a surprise effect at the end. So check it out. That problem might be new to you!

15 minutes ago, Malena said:

Oh I see, sorry I probably missed it before. I did already send you a video (in a private message), and there was a surprise effect at the end. So check it out. That problem might be new to you!

So yeah i watched it and it's all originating from the same thing.

Animated are using creature rendering mode (so can't be moved using vanilla keybinds) while the laying/butchered ones use item rendering mode (work fine with vanilla keybinds).

Changing the aux data while it's placed in the world is just confusing things even more...  it goes like this:

1. It's animated so sent as creature to client

2. You change aux data from 2 to 0... at this point nothing happens because the dialog doesn't refresh the item on the client.
3. You do something that causes it to refresh

4. Mod has no idea that it used to be aux=2 and only sees aux=0, so it sends the "remove item" packet (which does nothing, because it's a creature on the client)

5. Mod sends "add item" packet with new position (which now creates a duplicate)

Not really a bug... just a weird result of the item/creature duality.

In short:

• Until i have a better solution you can use the actions mod to get keybinds that work on everything.
  • If you want to change from lying/butchered to animated or vice versa - do it in your inventory and not when the item is placed.
Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Just now, bdew said:

So yeah i watched it and it's all originating from the same thing.

Animated are using creature rendering mode (so can't be moved using vanilla keybinds) while the laying/butchered ones use item rendering mode (work fine with vanilla keybinds).

Changing the aux data while it's placed in the world is just confusing things even more...  it goes like this:

1. It's animated so sent as creature to client

2. You change aux data from 2 to 0... at this point nothing happens because the dialog doesn't refresh the item on the client.
3. You do something that causes it to refresh

4. Mod has no idea that it used to be aux=2 and only sees aux=0, so it sends the "remove item" packet (which does nothing, because it's a creature on the client)

5. Mod sends "item add" packet (which now creates a duplicate)

Not really a bug... just a weird result of the item/creature duality.

In short:

• Until i have a better solution you can use the actions mod to get keybinds that work on everything.
  • If you want to change from lying/butchered to animated or vice versa - do it in your inventory and not when the item is placed.

Okey dokey. And just to confirm: The issue is the fact that these are the older specimens, right? So the problem will completely resolve itself if I simply delete all the old ones and create new versions in their place? Even though it will be some work, I'd feel safer about it in the end :).

1 minute ago, Malena said:

Okey dokey. And just to confirm: The issue is the fact that these are the older specimens, right? So the problem will completely resolve itself if I simply delete all the old ones and create new versions in their place? Even though it will be some work, I'd feel safer about it in the end :).

Err no it's not... neither of the issues are because they are old. You can just rotate the animated ones that became backwards (using either the action mod keybind or the context menu) and call it a day. Replacing them won't change anything.

1 minute ago, bdew said:

Err no it's not... neither of the issues are because they are old. You can just rotate the animated ones that became backwards (using either the action mod keybind or the context menu) and call it a day. Replacing them won't change anything.

Ah I see. I'll make the custom actions for them then. Thanks :) 

Any hope of getting the TimerFix mod updated so that the fix can be applied to flattening and leveling inside a mine?

13 hours ago, SallyIronside said:

Any hope of getting the TimerFix mod updated so that the fix can be applied to flattening and leveling inside a mine?

Those already use the server action speed multiplier, unlike the ground ones who had just a hardcoded times, so it's outside the scope of that mod.

After adding the custom NPC mod, I noticed that Spirit Templars and Tower guards would no longer go to fight creatures. They just kind of stand there after the alert goes off but they don't bring up the attack animation or move. Will try to figure out if it's a mod conflict or not when I have more time. Nothing was in the log file about any errors for it.

36 minutes ago, Governor said:

After adding the custom NPC mod, I noticed that Spirit Templars and Tower guards would no longer go to fight creatures. They just kind of stand there after the alert goes off but they don't bring up the attack animation or move. Will try to figure out if it's a mod conflict or not when I have more time. Nothing was in the log file about any errors for it.

I've heard reports of that before but haven't managed to figure out what's causing it yer. I'll be looking into it more.

Also please post stuff related to that mod in it's thread - https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/160582-alpha-custom-npc

Did anyone find a way to make Movement Tweaks work with the modded Wagons from the PMK mod?

On 2016-02-13 at 8:52 PM, bdew said:

Taxidermy

• Adds craftable taxidermy kits that can be used to preserve corpses as decorations.
  • Preserved corpses count as decorations, can be planted and won't decay on deed.
  • Creation of taxidermy kits and preserving both use Fine Carpentry skill. Stronger creatures are harder to preserve and a failure can damage or even destroy the body.
  • When preserving you can choose to use lying model (the normal corpse), butchered model (assuming it exists in the game, otherwise you get generic meat and bones pile) and "animated" mode that looks like the creature standing and doing it's idle animation.
  • By default "animated" costs 1000 karma in addition to the kit, this can be configured.
  • You can disable crafting entirely from the config, in case you only want GMs to be able to spawn the items, or sell them on vendors or whatever.

Technical details for GM spawning:

Reveal hidden contents

The item you spawn is called "preserved body", by default it will look like a wrapped body. To change how it looks you need to set:

Data1 is the creature template ID, list of vanilla IDs here.

Data2 has the kingdom in the lowest byte, this is used for tower guards and such. Second byte is scale factor multiplied by 20. Leaving it as 0 will mean no kingdom and default scale.

Aux is the state - 0=lying 1=butchered 2=animated.

You will need to rename the item to something sensible manually.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/taxidermy/releases

Anyway to make so lava spider still have fire around them?

17 hours ago, Elsa said:

Anyway to make so lava spider still have fire around them?

Not at the moment but i'll see what can be done about it.

• Like 2

Set Height

• Adds a new command (usable by GM with power level 5 only)
  • Usage: #setheight <height> [radius]
  • Will set height of tile to specified value (in dirts)
  • Radius is optional, by default will change the tile you stand on; with radius 1 - will do 3x3; with radius 2 - 5x5 and so on.
  • Will happily turn your server into a parking lot, mess up houses, mines, etc. Use with care.

ANy easy way to set so it goes up instead of down? Or have i missed anything

28 minutes ago, Elsa said:

ANy easy way to set so it goes up instead of down? Or have i missed anything

#setheight 5  goes to 5 dirt above water

#setheight -5 goes to 5 dirt below water

If you want a 3 x 3 island in the ocean, you can try something like #setheight 5 1

This would give an island that is 5 above water.

You can choose any negative number (-5, -10, -100, etc.) for "digging" down, and any positive number (5, 10, 100, etc.) for building up.  

BetterDigging mod does not place dirt on ground on in cart when digging.  Works fine when leveling and flattening.  Dirt goes to inventory like normal Wurm when doing a dig action.

I have a problem with the Acktion Time Fix Mod.

if I copy it into the mod folder, the dedicaded server does not start anymore.

I use the following Mods

Server mods:

Better Digging

Better Farming

Move to Center

No Build Limit

Client Mods:

Livemap

20 hours ago, SallyIronside said:

BetterDigging mod does not place dirt on ground on in cart when digging.  Works fine when leveling and flattening.  Dirt goes to inventory like normal Wurm when doing a dig action.

Fixed in new build: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/betterdig/releases/tag/v0.8-beta16

5 hours ago, darkasrtra said:

I have a problem with the Acktion Time Fix Mod.

if I copy it into the mod folder, the dedicaded server does not start anymore.

Are you using the 1.6 beta or live? Make sure the mod version matches your server version. If it still doesn't work post logs.

3 hours ago, bdew said:

Are you using the 1.6 beta or live? Make sure the mod version matches your server version. If it still doesn't work post logs.

i use live.

my mistake

who can read, is clearly in the advantage. The released 1.5 works B)

• Like 2

Movement Tweaks

• Allows server admins to tweak many things related to movement of players, mounts  and vehicles
    • Speeds
    • Weight limits for players
    • Min/Max heights, depths and slopes
    • Wind impact for boats
    • Loading ranges
    • Required skills
  • Global speed modifier for creatures moving on their own (not as mounts or hitched)
  • Animal hitching to boats (somewhat buggy, disabled by default)
  • Extremely configurable - default settings match vanilla but everything is changeable from the config
  • Example config (from my own server) here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/blob/master/altconfig/movemod.properties 

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/releases

Is there a way to add so the mod affect Zebras from th creatures mod is faster too?