Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

I have messed something up, but I don't know what. I summoned a worg, turned it into a "trophy" using taxidermy. Then I played around with his size and everything was working fine. I tried turning it into a mission, where an Examine action on it returns a meatball, but the mission wouldn't work. I deleted the mission, trigger, and trigger effect, the deleted the worg trophy using the ebony wand.

I summoned a dog, next, and tried to turn it into a trophy. It just ended up being a corpse on the ground. I tried several other creatures (another dog without the creaturemod colouring, a zebra, a black drake hatchling, and another worg). None of them show up as an animated trophy anymore. 

So I deleted the taxidermy mod, patched, reinstalled the mod, patched again, and...still not working.   Did I mess something up by trying to create a mission out of the first worg?  Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it?  This was on my LAN server, thank goodness, and not my public one.

5 minutes ago, Batta said:

I have messed something up, but I don't know what. I summoned a worg, turned it into a "trophy" using taxidermy. Then I played around with his size and everything was working fine. I tried turning it into a mission, where an Examine action on it returns a meatball, but the mission wouldn't work. I deleted the mission, trigger, and trigger effect, the deleted the worg trophy using the ebony wand.

I summoned a dog, next, and tried to turn it into a trophy. It just ended up being a corpse on the ground. I tried several other creatures (another dog without the creaturemod colouring, a zebra, a black drake hatchling, and another worg). None of them show up as an animated trophy anymore. 

So I deleted the taxidermy mod, patched, reinstalled the mod, patched again, and...still not working.   Did I mess something up by trying to create a mission out of the first worg?  Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it?  This was on my LAN server, thank goodness, and not my public one.

Hm examine missions on them won't work for now due to how i'm overriding the examine action to show all the info. It shouldn't cause the other problems you had - the mission will just not trigger. I'll see if i can fix it.

No idea what might make the models not show up anymore... can you check the aux/data1/data2 of a newly created trophy? Also check your server log for any errors.

Okey dokey, this should make it easier to pick and choose items you want to create with taxidermy :).

• Numbers represent what you would put into the data 1 setting
  • In most cases I created versions of the 3 different AUX settings, but a lot of them had identical AUX 0 and AUX 1 looks, so a lot of the images only show AUX 0 and AUX 2

To see the images even bigger and sharper than how the forum zoom shows them, right click and open image in new tab.

taxidermy1.jpg

taxidermy2.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 3

Oh for goodness sake. I figured out what I was doing wrong with my taxidermy. I had set the properties so that only GMs could make them, but then was trying to set data on regular corpses. Also, I had somehow missed the line about taxidermy kits (on my LAN server where these are craftable.)

Edited by Batta

Awesome work @Malena

I've made a small google sheet that can be used to calculate the data values easily, including the math for Data2.

Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1flJrlBaYtAra9Q6kUUT2DXYPz1o92T4usq79hkZYybk/edit#gid=0

To use it make a copy (Files->Make a copy) then just select the values you want from the dropdowns and enter the size modifier.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, bdew said:

Awesome idea, can't wait to see it.

You should try combining it with my other project.. the possibilities are quite literally endless.

Butcher shop?

And isn't this little guy adorable? :D

Three words...

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh bdew! Do you realize that the one thing I wish wurm had, was the ability to put things on tables!??! Do you realize how it makes my heart actually ache from experiencing the beauty of seeing familiar wurm objects on tables? 

So... so is this mod viable and usable even though it's outdated? Is it safe to install?!?!?!?

*wipes away some drool*

7 hours ago, bdew said:

Awesome work @Malena

I've made a small google sheet that can be used to calculate the data values easily, including the math for Data2.

Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1flJrlBaYtAra9Q6kUUT2DXYPz1o92T4usq79hkZYybk/edit#gid=0

To use it make a copy (Files->Make a copy) then just select the values you want from the dropdowns and enter the size modifier.

This is fantastic!  Thank you once again.

7 hours ago, Malena said:

Three words...

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh bdew! Do you realize that the one thing I wish wurm had, was the ability to put things on tables!??! Do you realize how it makes my heart actually ache from experiencing the beauty of seeing familiar wurm objects on tables? 

So... so is this mod viable and usable even though it's outdated? Is it safe to install?!?!?!?

*wipes away some drool*

Heh, i was expecting a simillar reaction :P

The mod isn't outdated (the info in the first post of that thread is, but i posted updates later), if you grab the latest version (0.3) it should be mostly stable.

One thing it's missing is permission checks but that shouldn't be a problem on your private server and by the time you open the server to the public i'll hopefully finish it :D

Hello big master bdew ;)

Is it possible to get the calculator table or the permissions?

Eject

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

'Well i'll be stuffed' ? LOL

get out :P

3 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello big master bdew ;)

Is it possible to get the calculator table or the permissions?

Eject

Sorry i don't understand the question. if you are talking about the spreadsheet - all the data is in the second sheet (templates), and when you make a copy you should have full permissions to everything.

So having an absolute blast with this mod so far. 

One of the issues I've been trying to solve for Ultima Nostalgia has been the NPC situation. In UO, each shop or establishment will have NPCs hanging around with matching names and titles. So of course I'd like to "populate" the server accordingly. At first I was spawning humans with such names just the normal way through "summon", and while it was nice that I could give the NPC a proper name and choose the gender, even dress them to my liking, they would of course never stick around to the spot I wanted them to chill in and would just wander off. 

So when this taxidermy thing came, I thought this might be the perfect solution for planting NPCs all over the place. 

But now that I started doing that, I realize that every time you spawn one, it differs from "summon" in that:

• It does not randomize the visual look, they all have the same model, same face etc
  • They are all male
  • When I name them, or actually naming any "preserved corspe" will have the "birchwood" material attached to it. So I've got "birchwood skeletons" and "birchwood blacksmiths" as below etc

So 1. Is there any chance to omit the birchwood material showing in the name?

And 2. Is there any chance for the spawned NPCs to randomize their facial + hair look and gender?

I don't mind that I can't dress them, I'd be more than happy with the NPCs just looking like different humans and not clones.

taxidermy2.jpg

1 hour ago, Malena said:

But now that I started doing that, I realize that every time you spawn one, it differs from "summon" in that:

• It does not randomize the visual look, they all have the same model, same face etc
  • They are all male
  • When I name them, or actually naming any "preserved corspe" will have the "birchwood" material attached to it. So I've got "birchwood skeletons" and "birchwood blacksmiths" as below etc

So 1. Is there any chance to omit the birchwood material showing in the name?

And 2. Is there any chance for the spawned NPCs to randomize their facial + hair look and gender?

The "birchwood" thing is because they have a material so that they can be improved, and the material is prepended to the name by the client. I can't directly control that but maybe i could not set the material tag if the mod is in "gm spawn only" mode. I'll look into it.

The other stuff is more problematic... they aren't really NPCs, they are items, as such they use completely different code parts, both on the server and client side. They can't have different faces or clothes because neither the server knows how to handle it for items, nor the client knows how to render that stuff on item models. 

I think it would be far easier to mod NPCs to not move and fix whatever other annoyances you have with them than to try shoehorn NPC related stuff into this mod. I'll need to look at the actual code to see how feasible any of that would be but i could maybe even allow for things like manually changing their faces (using the same interface used for the mirror) or allowing to set their animations... this sounds like an interesting project and i'll try to get to it soon(tm).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bdew said:

The "birchwood" thing is because they have a material so that they can be improved, and the material is prepended to the name by the client. I can't directly control that but maybe i could not set the material tag if the mod is in "gm spawn only" mode. I'll look into it.

Right! Well it's not an important thing by any means, so if it's not anything that can be changed in an easy and quick way, don't worry about it. My guess would be that most people have very little incentive to mouse over things to see what they're called. :)

4 minutes ago, bdew said:

I think it would be far easier to mod NPCs to not move and fix whatever other annoyances you have with them than to try shoehorn NPC related stuff into this mod. I'll need to look at the actual code to see how feasible any of that would be but i could maybe even allow for things like manually changing their faces (using the same interface used for the mirror) or allowing to set their animations... this sounds like an interesting project and i'll try to get to it soon(tm).

Makes perfect sense, especially considering that the only issue with them really is the fact that they move around, and well age over time and die too I guess. But other than that, the summoned NPCs do indeed give all the right tools and are not made of birchwood :-D.

Thanks again for your efforts! Oh and added a screenie of a table set with dishes in the screenshots thread :).

17 hours ago, bdew said:

I think it would be far easier to mod NPCs to not move and fix whatever other annoyances you have with

It would be so wonderful if NPCs would still function as NPCs in every way (i.e. we can dress them and set missions on them) but they would not move around and NOT TALK anymore.

EDIT - well, moving around on the tile they are spawned on might be okay, but not just keep wandering.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 2

Hi there,

Taxidermy is a great addition BDew, well done :)

Although maybe we are missing a trick, it works flawlessly for a GM, however....

When we summon a Taxidermy Kit of any Quality, we have 99 Fine Carpentry, Activate the Taxidermy Kit, target a Dead Mob, we see no option for preserving or anything.

We have this set addRecipes=true

So we do not know why its not working.

Valiance and Kaylie

1 hour ago, Wulfrock said:

Hi there,

Taxidermy is a great addition BDew, well done :)

Although maybe we are missing a trick, it works flawlessly for a GM, however....

When we summon a Taxidermy Kit of any Quality, we have 99 Fine Carpentry, Activate the Taxidermy Kit, target a Dead Mob, we see no option for preserving or anything.

We have this set addRecipes=true

So we do not know why its not working.

Valiance and Kaylie

Do you have the body in your inventory? You can't do it on the ground.

yup, tried with it in inventory and on the ground.

Valiance and Kaylie

17 minutes ago, Wulfrock said:

yup, tried with it in inventory and on the ground.

Valiance and Kaylie

Hmm no idea then. Post your server logs maybe there's some kind of error there...

Can you just confirm exactly how to use the Taxidermy kit ?

We created one at 99ql......we summoned a Black Wolf, Wizkilled it, took the Corpse into our inventory, activated the Taxidermy Kit, right click the corpse, and there is no option there to do anything to do with Taxidermy there.

Valiance and Kaylie.

There should be a "Preserve" entry when you right click the corpse that opens into a sub menu with Lying/Butchered/Animated entries

Ok thanks Bdew, no that Preserve entry is not there.

Valiance and Kaylie.

13 minutes ago, Wulfrock said:

Ok thanks Bdew, no that Preserve entry is not there.

As i said, post logs, maybe i can figure out what's going on from that. Otherwise i don't have much to go off.

The check for the action to appear is: Performer is a player, active item is taxidermy kit, target item is a corpse and both are in performer's inventory.

Ok we tried it on a fresh server, nothing else running, and it works fine, I guess we just have a mod compatability issue, we will look into it :)

Thanks a lot Bdew.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Thanks again Bdew. World of Wonders is running both taxidermy and your new 3D mod for placing things on tables. Both are working very well. I will let you know if we find anything. I need to do some modification to taxidermy for some of my custom sized mobs so they don't use a normal size model but that is something for me to work out. 

Edited by Jerone0601