Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

Very nice addition to your mod list. I like how you can deactivate the portals at will. Awesome job on teleporting vehicles!

Awesome job Bdew. Due to it functionality being based off the highway system I would recommend changing it slightly.  Instead of building a portal build a caravan station. Same function just different graphic and name. If possible, change pop up to say ride with caravan to instead of teleport. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bdew said:
  • Start by crafting an Inactive town portal (portal+marble brick to start).

How does a player craft the initial portal?  (or was this a typo?)

Edited by Batta

2 hours ago, Batta said:

How does a player craft the initial portal?  (or was this a typo?)

Sorry it was meant to say mortar + marble brick. You can see the full recipe in game.

2 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

Awesome job Bdew. Due to it functionality being based off the highway system I would recommend changing it slightly.  Instead of building a portal build a caravan station. Same function just different graphic and name. If possible, change pop up to say ride with caravan to instead of teleport. 

I don't think the caravan station art is in WU yet, is it?

Never mind, it is. Hmm, i'll consider it.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

On 2016-02-13 at 8:52 PM, bdew said:

Movement Tweaks

• Allows server admins to tweak many things related to movement of players, mounts  and vehicles
    • Speeds
    • Weight limits for players
    • Min/Max heights, depths and slopes
    • Wind impact for boats
    • Loading ranges
    • Required skills
  • Global speed modifier for creatures moving on their own (not as mounts or hitched)
  • Animal hitching to boats (somewhat buggy, disabled by default)
  • Extremely configurable - default settings match vanilla but everything is changeable from the config
  • Example config (from my own server) here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/movemod/blob/master/altconfig/movemod.properties 

Hey!

I cant higher the spped of wagons? Even when i tried with speed set on 10.0 and the wagons only drives at 10,80.... Whats is wrong?

8 hours ago, Elsa said:

Hey!

I cant higher the spped of wagons? Even when i tried with speed set on 10.0 and the wagons only drives at 10,80.... Whats is wrong?

# ============ Vehicles =============
# Parameters: speed,maxDepth,maxHeight,maxSlope,windImpact,loadDistance,skill
# speed - Base speed (unknown unit)
# maxDepth - Vehicle will not go into water deeper than that (meters)
# maxHeight - Vehicle will not go above given height (meters)
# maxSlope - Maximum slope vehicle can pass (unknown unit)
# windImpact - How much wind affects speed (unknown unit)
# loadDistance - Maximum distance from which items can be loaded (meters)
# skill - Required ML skill to drive
# ===================================
# wagons
vehicle@850 = 1.5(speed),-2(maxDepth),2500.0(maxHeight),0.06(maxSlope),0(windImpact),20(loadDistance),21(skill)

The speed also depends on the animals hitched to the vehicle and the traits/equipment they have.

Edited by Governor

@elsa can you post the exact line you set in the config? Also don't set it too high, it can overflow the field used to set the speed in the network messages.

On 2017-12-31 at 10:06 AM, bdew said:

@elsa can you post the exact line you set in the config? Also don't set it too high, it can overflow the field used to set the speed in the network messages.

# wagon
vehicle@850 = 2.5,-1.5,2500.0,0.06,0,10,21

I modified the code how I recommended for the HWteleport. Just got done will test and push to you if you like. I ended up using supply depot model for the Caravan Station. 

Any chance of a Faster GM Fly? I'd love you forever if this was a possibility.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, R041 said:

Omg yes, I totally second this. It's fast enough when you're going a short distance, but a real pain if you have farther to go (and don't know the teleport coordinates).

3 minutes ago, Batta said:

Omg yes, I totally second this. It's fast enough when you're going a short distance, but a real pain if you have farther to go (and don't know the teleport coordinates).

It takes forever to modify the map if I'm so damn slow. I'm making massive changes and need to zoom about!

Please hear our cries. :(

13 hours ago, R041 said:

+1 !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elsa said:

+1 !

A cool idea that i think about very often.

A command would be awesome where you can change the speed like /fly 80 /fly 200 and then use the normal flight command as you do always.

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 2

New mod - Taxidermy

• Adds craftable taxidermy kits that can be used to preserve corpses as decorations.
  • Preserved corpses count as decorations, can be planted and won't decay on deed.
  • Creation of taxidermy kits and preserving both use Fine Carpentry skill. Stronger creatures are harder to preserve and a failure can damage or even destroy the body.
  • When preserving you can choose to use lying model (the normal corpse), butchered model (assuming it exists in the game, otherwise you get generic meat and bones pile) and "animated" mode that looks like the creature standing and doing it's idle animation.
  • By default "animated" costs 1000 karma in addition to the kit, this can be configured.
  • You can disable crafting entirely from the config, in case you only want GMs to be able to spawn the items, or sell them on vendors or whatever.

Technical details for GM spawning:

Spoiler

The item you spawn is called "preserved body", by default it will look like a wrapped body. To change how it looks you need to set:

Data1 is the creature template ID, list of vanilla IDs here.

Data2 has the kingdom in the lowest byte, this is used for tower guards and such. Second byte is scale factor multiplied by 20. Leaving it as 0 will mean no kingdom and default scale.

Aux is the state - 0=lying 1=butchered 2=animated.

You will need to rename the item to something sensible manually.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/taxidermy/releases

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

On 1/3/2018 at 6:00 AM, R041 said:

I'll look into it when i get the chance. I think it's actually set client side...

3 hours ago, bdew said:

New mod - Taxidermy

Oh my goodness bdew, thank you so much! This is going to be absolutely perfect for decorating dungeons, torture chambers, cemeteries etc. Perfect for halloween as well! *rushes off to try it*

Alrighty! Tested it out and it worked like a charm once I:

• Realized I need to update the server mod launcher
  • Realized that to set the data I need to do it while the corpse is in my inventory and THEN drop it to the ground, so it cannot be edited once on the ground
  • Realized that I should not "plant" but simply "drop"

But once I figured those out, it worked like a dream!

Edited by Malena

8 hours ago, bdew said:

Data2 has the kingdom in the lowest byte, this is used for tower guards and such. Second byte is scale factor multiplied by 20. Leaving it as 0 will mean no kingdom and default scale.

What a great, fun mod!  Would you please explain what you mean by "lowest byte" and "second byte"?  Maybe you could show me an example - would there be a comma between two different numbers in Data2?

Edited by Batta

Hi Bdew - any chance you could look into the Range Finder mod and update it for new wurm graphics?

2 hours ago, Malena said:
  • Realized that to set the data I need to do it while the corpse is in my inventory and THEN drop it to the ground, so it cannot be edited once on the ground
  • Realized that I should not "plant" but simply "drop"

Setting data when it's on the floor but you need to push/pull/rotate/etc. it to force the graphic to refresh.

And what's the problem with plant?

2 hours ago, Batta said:

What a great, fun mod!  Would you please explain what you mean by "lowest byte" and "second byte"?  Maybe you could show me an example - would there be a comma between two different numbers in Data2?

No there is no comma. The number in Data2 is a 32 bit integer and the lowest 8 bits in binary are used for the kingdom, while the second 8 bits for the size multiplier (and 16 more bits currently unused).

You'll need to do some math... take the size multiplier you want (eg 2 for twice as large), multiply it by 20 and round it to an integer, then multiply it by 256 add finally add the kingdom number to the result. For example:

3 times bigger with freedom islands kingdom:

3*20 = 60 (no need to round)

60*256 = 15360

15360 + 4 = 15364 (4 for freedom islands)

3 times smaller with no kingdom:

1/3*20 = 6.66666... (round it to 7)

7*256 = 1792

and since you don't need a kingdom just use that 1792

Note that the rounding before multiplying by 256 is important! If you skip that step you'll end up with junk.

Yes it's not exactly convenient, but i need to pack that data somehow in the space we have available. If you don't need to change the size or the kingdom, forget everything above and leave it at 0 :P

16 minutes ago, MootRed said:

any chance you could look into the Range Finder mod and update it for new wurm graphics?

I'll take a look if i get the chance but no promises.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bdew said:

Setting data when it's on the floor but you need to push/pull/rotate/etc. it to force the graphic to refresh.

And what's the problem with plant?

Aaah! Yes moving the item refreshed it, thank you!

And I probably was just messing something up when I first tried planting. Tried planting now and it worked just fine. 

BTW what I'm doing right now is creating every single one of these on the list and will take screenies and video and share later so we have a visual library. And as I do this it really starts to sink in just how cool this tool is. Not only for making gouls and skeletons for dungeons and cemetaries, but making NPCs to stand around in the shops, guards to "stand guard" in front of the castles or barracks, for spawning fake horses to "fill in" the stables, butchered pigs, chicken etc to use for the butcher shops and cookeries, butchered furry critters for the tanning and leather goods shops. I'm so happy! Thank you so much bdewwww!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malena said:

BTW what I'm doing right now is creating every single one of these on the list and will take screenies and video and share later so we have a visual library.

Awesome idea, can't wait to see it.

1 hour ago, Malena said:

And as I do this it really starts to sink in just how cool this tool is. Not only for making gouls and skeletons for dungeons and cemetaries, but making NPCs to stand around in the shops, guards to "stand guard" in front of the castles or barracks, for spawning fake horses to "fill in" the stables, butchered pigs, chicken etc to use for the butcher shops and cookeries, butchered furry critters for the tanning and leather goods shops. I'm so happy!

You should try combining it with my other project.. the possibilities are quite literally endless.

Butcher shop?

5sSP3DM.png

And isn't this little guy adorable? :D

2IEQjUz.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3