Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[Released] Bdew Server mods - New mod: Fishy Tweaks - Updated Apr 09

update the mod it was fixed ages ago

ooh okay i haven't folowed the updates lol

@bdew We have the max weight that players can carry set very high, but are finding that horses can't carry us when we're loaded down. Is it possible to add configuration of horse / unicorn / hell horse max carry weights too?  Sometimes we want to roam without a cart, and right now we end up just leading our horses behind us once we pick up too many rocks.  

Have I already asked this?  @bdew would you consider making an alternate config for building the highway portals, one that doesn't require items difficult to find on a server without rift items?  I'd like it to still be difficult, but using mats that could be found on a vanilla non-Epic server, for players without more than maybe 30 skill in anything.  Here's a thought, just to illustrate what I'm thinking of - the level of difficulty and availability of mats:

50 marble bricks

50 mortar

50 iron lumps

50 gold lumps

5 bowls, iron

2 longswords, iron

2 small wooden shields

1 statuette, copper

1 compass

2 emeralds

2 rubies

2 sapphires

Edited by Batta

You can easily do this yourself. I updated bdew's awesome mod for my own servers use long ago. If you just go in the PortalItems in the source code you can easily change the required materials. Here is an example of how mine is setup. My is not portals, I did some other code changes and made them caravan stations making it feel a little more RP.  I also changed the model to the supply depot to fit what I wanted. It is really a cut and edit ItemList and number of items. Multiple guides on the forum to set up an IDE to get this done. Really no coding experience required, watch a couple 10 minute videos and you can easily get this done.  The code you are looking at changing will look like what I have below. Skill and item list will be different since I already drastically changed mine compared to the original but it points you in the direction.

CreationEntryCreator.createAdvancedEntry(SkillList.CARPENTRY_FINE, ItemList.nailsIronLarge, ItemList.plank, portalItemId, true, false, 0f, true, true, CreationCategories.ANIMAL_EQUIPMENT)
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(1, ItemList.plank, 50, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(2, ItemList.nailsIronSmall, 50, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(3, ItemList.nailsIronLarge, 50, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(4, ItemList.shaft, 20, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(5, ItemList.stoneBrick, 25, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(6, ItemList.log, 5, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(7, ItemList.satchel, 5, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(8, ItemList.tentMilitary, 1, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(9, ItemList.rock, 25, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(10, ItemList.rope, 50, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(11, ItemList.dirtPile, 20, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(12, ItemList.bulkContainer, 1, true))
            .addRequirement(new CreationRequirement(13, ItemList.wheelAxleSmall, 1, true));
}
Edited by Jerone0601
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

You can easily do this yourself. I updated bdew's awesome mod for my own servers use long ago. If you just go in the PortalItems in the source code you can easily change the required materials. Here is an example of how mine is setup. My is not portals, I did some other code changes and made them caravan stations making it feel a little more RP.  I also changed the model to the supply depot to fit what I wanted. It is really a cut and edit ItemList and number of items. Multiple guides on the forum to set up an IDE to get this done. Really no coding experience required, watch a couple 10 minute videos and you can easily get this done. 

Thanks for this. However, this is not as easy for a non-coder as you might think. I've played around with it for awhile and discovered that I'm able to edit PortalItems.java from the source code using Notepad++.  I also noted that the original mod folder (not the source code one - sorry, I don't know the lingo) has PortalItems.class files, which can be changed to .java except that when I open the original mod one, it comes up unreadable symbols in Notepad++ and therefore can't be edited.

My guess would have been that I need to edit the PortalItems.java from the source code files, change it to a .class file and then use it to overwrite the original from the straight up mod download.  But since opening the original mod one gives a totally different response, I have to think they are not as identical as they look, and I'm not sure what to do next.  Am I getting close?

As for "set up an IDE to get this done" I have no idea what that even means.  

------------------

New guess:  After editing the PortalItems.java from the source code, do I maybe run command prompt, type javac PortalItems.java, end up with a PortalItems.class, then zip the whole file back up and overwrite the current one?  If this is it, then I'm going to be really happy. I've been working on this for hours, trying to learn.  ?

Edited by Batta
new guess

Yes you need to compile the java file to a class, but just running javac won't be enough as you need all the dependencies and stuff. 

If you want to make custom builds of the mod you need to

• download the source code from github
  • edit whatever you want edited then
  • go the the root folder you downloaded (the one containing gradlew.bat)
  • run from comand line "gradlew dist"
  • after it finishes you'll have a new build of the mod in build\distributions folder

I'll see about finding a way to customize recipes, but this is a low priority to me. And honestly you'd be better off letting your players access rift items.

11 hours ago, bdew said:

And honestly you'd be better off letting your players access rift items

We have problems with the Poll Spawner, though that was a long time ago. Maybe we'll give it another try.

Thanks for the help with my recipe customization.  ?

I have a question. We suspect that we don't have special fishing spots because our seafloor is too shallow. No one has triggered the "Out to Sea" achievement. Consequently I'm wondering if using your GM Set Height mod will work underwater to drop the sea floor to a greater depth in places which will then allow the special tiles to spawn. I'm guessing it would be faster than digging out tiles manually?

10 hours ago, Heboric said:

I have a question. We suspect that we don't have special fishing spots because our seafloor is too shallow. No one has triggered the "Out to Sea" achievement. Consequently I'm wondering if using your GM Set Height mod will work underwater to drop the sea floor to a greater depth in places which will then allow the special tiles to spawn. I'm guessing it would be faster than digging out tiles manually?

Yeah you could do that, just pass it a negative height.

Great - that was what I was wondering - if it would do negatives. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Heboric said:

Great - that was what I was wondering - if it would do negatives. Thanks for the reply.

We've used it successfully to create canals. Very handy!

Done and done. Dropped the ocean floor substantially and fishing spots immediately appeared. Thank you very much!

New mod: Archaeology Tweaks

This mod was available on my github for a while but wasn't officially released for various reasons until now.

The mod absolutely requires modlauncher 0.38 or higher, and the new JA version that comes with it, if you try to run with a lower version your server will crash with weird a** errors on startup.

• Allows server admins to add/remove items to archaeology drops using a config file
  • Optional configurable tweaks to loot distribution 
  • Optional replacement archaeology journal system
    • This was originally made before the vanilla system and wasn't planned to release in the mod after buda told me it will become part of the base game, but considering how badly the vanilla system was implemented i'm keeping it in
    • If enabled existing vanilla journals will still work but new ones will not be craftable, instead the recipe will produce a modded version
    • Reports can be written on blank sheets of paper, either in a journal or in your inventory. They will be written automatically if you have an empty sheet once you find things when investigating.
    • Unlike vanilla reports can be freely moved in, out and between journals. To add paper just drop it into the journal.
    • Reports can be copied by activating and selecting an empty paper sheet
    • If you activate a journal and click another one you can "merge" them, this will copy all missing reports and fill in any missing data from one journal to the other. This makes sharing information between players extremely easy.
    • Having reports on a deed will make finding better fragments more likely while investigating on it, the bonus scales with the quality of the report
  • Check out the config file after installing, there are plenty of settings in there!

Downloads and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/archeotweaks/releases/

• Like 2

with your better farming mod, i tried adding grapes to the list of potable items, it doesnt accept it... is there a reason why it wont let me plant them?

5 hours ago, ozmods said:

with your better farming mod, i tried adding grapes to the list of potable items, it doesnt accept it... is there a reason why it wont let me plant them?

hYIIC6Z.png

Works for me. make sure you use the right names in the config.

I do have 1 bug/suggestion with the caravan mod, you set the position of the cart/wagon arriving to be aligned with the caravan item, which seems nice but what happens is someone arrives and doesn't move their cart, then the next person arrives and their cart is in the exact same position as the other cart and they can't click on their own cart.  Maybe leave the direction of the cart untouched so it faces the same way it was facing in previous location?

19 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

I do have 1 bug/suggestion with the caravan mod, you set the position of the cart/wagon arriving to be aligned with the caravan item, which seems nice but what happens is someone arrives and doesn't move their cart, then the next person arrives and their cart is in the exact same position as the other cart and they can't click on their own cart.  Maybe leave the direction of the cart untouched so it faces the same way it was facing in previous location?

Caravan version wasn't made or maintained by me and wasn't updated past the initial release of the mod.

In the main (portals) version this was fixed some time ago by adding a small random offset to teleported vehicles so they don't stack up on top of each other.

in timer fix mod i was hoping to add minPrayTimer=5 like the other settings in there for breed but i dont think its working unless it should?

On 9/7/2018 at 10:08 AM, Aum said:

in timer fix mod i was hoping to add minPrayTimer=5 like the other settings in there for breed but i dont think its working unless it should?

The only valid options are those that in the example config, there is no min pray timer at the moment.
I might add it but that'll probably not be right now as my modding time is currently filled with 1.8 stuff.

• Like 1

@bdew  Would you consider allowing Packing as one of the actions allowed when mounted?  Right now it's the only part of paving that needs to be done from the ground, and it would be really handy to have that feature.

45 minutes ago, Batta said:

@bdew  Would you consider allowing Packing as one of the actions allowed when mounted?  Right now it's the only part of paving that needs to be done from the ground, and it would be really handy to have that feature.

If you use betterdig mod you can add ROAD_PACK to allowWhenMounted line in the properties file

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bdew said:

If you use betterdig mod you can add ROAD_PACK to allowWhenMounted line in the properties file

You are my favourite person in the world right now.