Sign in to follow this  
asdf

Be advised: source changes

On 2/14/2016 at 0:26 AM, Retrograde said:

The /vinvite and village join is not being changed to a new convoluted thing, simply a bug due to working on that mechanic, players will be able to recruit offline players and players will be able to accept those invites at any point in time, but those invite mechanics will return.

As for the source thing, finding random untouched fountains will still have source, it just wont be refilling as fast

Doesn't refill or gain any more than .01 source.  One week, .01,  2-3 weeks .01, 2 months Still .01 source liquid.  So either it's only max capacity is .01 source Total and it's not gaining anymore, or it's broken.

most i will see in the source springs in my huts now is .02, even if you don't check them for 2 weeks

need to empty them daily, but quite often the next day is still empty

I don't understand when something is changed it goes from the far left to the far right

Edited by JakeRivers

Hi all,

We'll be returning source crystals to their former frequency, as opposed to only from salt tiles in the next update.

We'll continue to look at source fountains, as their current mechanics are too easily abused (housing them off) so other changes may come for them.

• Like 5

When code doesn't work, tough rules do.

57 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We'll continue to look at source fountains, as their current mechanics are too easily abused (housing them off) so other changes may come for them.

There ya go. Message to those who think going around placing houses over them everywhere to keep others from being able to collect source was a good idea. I think the best solution would just be to make them block house placement. Could even go a step further and make them block deed placement too. Yea, then maybe people would just put fencing around them but at least that could be justifiably bashed or catapulted down off deed.

=Ayes=

On 2/15/2016 at 6:01 AM, LorraineJ said:

Can I ask of the person who changed this - Why? Are you the person who tries to instill as much tedium as possible, and suck away as much pleasure as possible? With all the things that are broken, this is one of the things I have to wonder about, the same as how I am wondering why the method we used to invite people to join settlements got changed to this new convoluted thing. Someone please clear up why these things got touched.

Or, rephrase it to 

"Please explain why"

instead of whiny, sarcastic complaining, negativity as usual.

Expect more reasonable responses from people you don't attempt to ridicule or insult.

I would also like to know the motivations behind the change, but not with that tone.

K thanks.

Edited by Marlon

You can invite people to settlement using 3 methods.

1. Right click the person and invite to join. (Does not work unless your mayor has had premium at least once)

2. Send the person a /vinvite and they can join. (Does not work unless your mayor has had premium at least once)

3. You can use the recruit list which allows people to join even if no one from the settlement is on to invite them.

25 minutes ago, Marlon said:

I would also like to know the motivations behind the change, but not with that tone.

K thanks.

There was no change, a premium check for vinvite didnt work properly at one point, and was rectified in the next update about 4 days later

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Stellar idea retro, blow off even more of wurms shrinking player base!

12 hours ago, Ohana said:

You can invite people to settlement using 3 methods.

1. Right click the person and invite to join. (Does not work unless your mayor has had premium at least once)

2. Send the person a /vinvite and they can join. (Does not work unless your mayor has had premium at least once)

3. You can use the recruit list which allows people to join even if no one from the settlement is on to invite them.

Not when I wrote my question. It was fully borked then.

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Hi all,

We'll be returning source crystals to their former frequency, as opposed to only from salt tiles in the next update.

You never want to punish paying customers for spending more money on the game, so if a source fountain or spring is on a deed so be it.  Deed it or lose it.  As for off-deed above ground source in enclosures or houses an easy fix would be to have the spring or fountain not replenish if there is a wall or fence within 2-5 tiles.

Can we please end the culture of nerfing and taking away things to alter perceived abusive behavior and move to finding fun solutions to problems?  Your fancy titles wont mean anything if you succeed in driving away the rest of us to other games.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Marlon said:

Or, rephrase it to 

"Please explain why"

instead of whiny, sarcastic complaining, negativity as usual.

Expect more reasonable responses from people you don't attempt to ridicule or insult.

K thanks.

To me, "whiny" is when you complain about something you're not paying for. You wish things weren't the way they are, but there's either no way for anyone to control the situation, or you are not contributing to the upkeep, so you kind of just moan and groan generally.

Do you see a lot of reasonable responses, anywhere? Do you see ANY responses? Or do you see a lot of updates that haven't been tested first, or things that are fine as-is changed, while glaring problems continue? I might "expect a reasonable response" if I ever saw any. People ask for change in all types of voices, and I don't see results. So I'll voice my thoughts in the tone I feel like voicing them. If I saw super-polite requests being addressed, you can be damn sure I'd be writing the sweetest notes the world has ever seen. As an example, how many people say in so many hundreds of ways that on Freedom, we don't want griefing and theft? And yet it's allowed to go on, like it's cute or something.

Nice requests are not working. You can think of this as my form of tough love. There are less and less people playing the game. I'd rather it not be that way.

5 minutes ago, madnezz said:

You never want to punish paying customers for spending more money on the game, so if a source fountain or spring is on a deed so be it.  Deed it or lose it.  As for off-deed above ground source in enclosures or houses an easy fix would be to have the spring or fountain not replenish if there is a wall or fence within 2-5 tiles.

Can we please end the culture of nerfing and taking away things to alter perceived abusive behavior and move to finding fun solutions to problems?

All is good but im not sure about deed it.

6 minutes ago, Ibexx said:

All is good but im not sure about deed it.

lol, wurm is based on deeding land you want, if you take that away or punish people who deed certain areas by changing mechanics then this game is doomed.  This week its source, next week its flat land or view of sea, these silly ideas need to be nipped in the bud.  If they want to add incentive to opening your on-deed source to other players, in addition to the economic motivations currently at play, that would be a viable solution but simply taking them off someone's deed to solve this problem when they have been the feature of several deeds for years would be a very moronic mistake to make.

• Like 2

Think a lot of us got tired of 'Not working as intended' as an excuse to change things in a game, specially after they had been 'working' that way for years.

I'm all for balance, there are 4 source springs near my place, 3 undeeded, and 1 source fountain on my deed mainly because when i expanded it was 13 tiles inside the area where i was expanding.  If it stays at .01 per refill time per day or whatever max, meh ok so be it, hell only thing I use karma for is a free port home when i'm to dang tired to ride a throw-a-way horse back home.

• Like 1

Easy Solution:

Source fountains on deeds or with any form of house within 5 tiles (to prevent donut houses) do not produce source.  Nice, easy, completely removes the "wall them off" method (normal walls can be bashed down if offdeed).

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Easy Solution:

Source fountains on deeds or with any form of house within 5 tiles (to prevent donut houses) do not produce source.  Nice, easy, completely removes the "wall them off" method (normal walls can be bashed down if offdeed).

No, if they are on-deed that is OK, someone is paying the game for the privilege to have them on their deed and they should continue to work as normal.  This isn't communism-online.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 5

On 5/10/2016 at 6:23 AM, madnezz said:

No, if they are on-deed that is OK, someone is paying the game for the privilege to have them on their deed and they should continue to work as normal.  This isn't communism-online.

Devil's Advocate: Are you really paying for it if you sell the source for more silver than the deed's upkeep? The game is paying you.

• Like 2

Source honestly shouldn't be tradable, it made valrei abilities super common and easy to use to become 'essentials' (in a pvp environment), it made doing missions a less viable option when you can just purchase the stuff from freedom dirt cheap.

Make it so you can only drink from the fountain and let the current source currency level itself out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LaRue said:

Devil's Advocate: Are you really paying for it if you sell the source for more silver than the deed's upkeep? The game is paying you.

Yes you are, it is called capitalization, you invest the time and money into keeping a deed running and that is how economy works, as long as there is a demand for the product. Having access is by no means a requirement for getting karma, you could simply go from server to server doing missions to top up your karma. But if someone chooses to spend the silver and buy ready to go from someone who has enough for sale, then why eliminate that choice from a sandbox game? I seriously doubt people are paying for a large deed with source these days though, as source has been seriously nerfed in the amounts you will get on a daily basis.

For those that may of deeded over source springs for the income, or just for a supply for themselves or perhaps happily discovered springs after making a deed it makes no sense to rip this away from them. Unless the goal is to drive yet more people away from wurm, then you guys are on the right track. Just remember, last one out turn out the lights.

Take away source springs from people who have them on there deeds and the next thing to go maybe will be deeds founded for a choice harbor access, because you know, pissing people off and forcing them out of the game seems to be the thing to do now.

I do not own a single source spring on a deed, I do know people that have them and some make use for the karma themselves, some sell and I am sure one or two just leave it sitting there.

I can understand removing the 1x1 offdeed buildings spread across freedom tieing up source access off deed, but not source that is deeded. Perhaps this would spurn more economy for wurm if people lost that option of off deed housing and spend more silver deeding source springs, although this would hardly be worth it anyways since the nerf.

When so much is broken with this game why is there so much concern or perception that people with source springs are at an advantage over everyone else? You want source springs, get off your arse and look for some, they are found all over exodus, and I am sure the other servers are the same.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

The problem is, Jake, wurm has attracted a lot of envious little busy bodies who spend their time looking for perceived in-equalites to rant about on the forums like they have been wronged so bad the game is unplayable.  You know, the generation where everyone gets a prize no matter if they win or lose?  

This envy generation has been emboldened to make new pitiful suggestions by the cowardly decision to remove fountain pans from the game entirely instead of doing the right thing by making a new model available to all with same or better functionality and keeping the original as a rare and valuable item thereby making everyone happy.  

The most ironic thing of all is the fact that skill gain derived from taking advantage of windows of opportunity is never addressed as an in-equality problem, for example taking advantage of glitches in the game and then reporting them after you get the skill gain.  If you are lucky you can even get a special title from doing it.  Oh the hypocrisy!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LaRue said:

I haven't sold or made one iron from the source fountain I deeded. I just always wanted one, just like I always wanted a hell horse.

Oh hell, I just seen someone selling clay and dirt on the wts section of the forums, how insane someone being able to sell a resource that was most likely obtained off deed and making silver from it!

We need to put a stop to this right now, you know, people digging and chopping, it is so wrong look how they are getting rich so fast!

• Like 1

When ppl send ton of alt with no drop tent, as the con man in order to find majority fountains and Unique creatures  to hide for oneself and one's pals- it is sick. When source deeded is good.

Edited by Ibexx