Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

On 11/13/2019 at 10:05 PM, lokitheweaver said:

Hate to keep cluttering this thread with questions, but what are the ethical norms for the server? I see stuff that appears to be dropped by players but sometimes I get a message that picking up anything is theft / bad karma / illegal; other times something is clearly a part of a deed and my guess is the deed owner sets permissions; but I also found things like a small plot of wheat - no deed. I did not think cutting the wheat would have a big impact, since it will just re-grow, but did not do it, since it might be considered bad.

If something looks abandoned, not on deed and no signs of recent activity nearby - it's fair game.

You can also use the help channel in game / discord (they are connected) for questions, usually either myself or someone else will be around to answer.

Server Update – 22/11/2019

• Halloween event is over, existing ominous gravestones will remain in game until cleared but new ones will no longer spawn.
  • Fixed a bug with moving village tokens that caused them to become invisible when moved over a long distance.
    • If you have a token that’s currently invisible you’ll need to move it again for it to become visible.
  • Like 2

Fashionably attired in scavenged dragon scale, hand-crafted pumpkin helmet and matching pumpkin shoulder pads, Skitterbrook - pictured here on his faithful worg Packbleeder - is all ready for tomorrow's dragon hunt.

ySLRt1j.jpg

• Like 1

Server Update - 21/12/2019

• Added this year’s christmas present
    • You will be able to receive it from Santa or christmas trees starting the afternoon on the 23rd
  • Added “Joong Bong Banger” title for 100 staff skill – grats Redock!
  • Added new item: Crown of protection
    • Made and improved with jewelry smithing (check recipe window for full recipe)
    • Provides protection similar to a great helm
  • Added new item: Wolf helmet
    • Made and improved with plate smithing (wolf rug + great helm)
    • Keeps the material of helm and it’s properties

1LI3MzK.png
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas everyone!

Santa and julbords are now available at each spawn town and you can get your presents!

The present for this year is a Festive Chest – a special bigger and cooler version of a magic chest, and it comes with a new snowman inside!

This snowman when placed on your land will produce a snowball once in a while… and sometimes other items too.

OZhx8J9.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

Server Update – 10/01/2020

• Added new command /deeds – shows all villages you are in on all servers and how much upkeep they have left
  • Added “Amytis Theophrastus” title for 100 gardening – grats ladybug!
  • Fixed a bug that caused xmas snowmans sometimes to not display their snowballs correctly
  • Fixed rift decoration voucher not allowing selecting Rift stone 3/4

TqltBW8.png

• Like 2

Server Update - 22/06/2020

Added the new planters mod

• Like 4

Server Update - 08/07/2020

• Added infected planters
  • You can now use area actions with large planters like normal farming (Cultivate, Sow, Farm, Harvest, Harvest and Replant)
  • Added area actions for trees and trellises (Plant, Prune, Pick Sprout and Harvest)
  • All area actions can now be used when riding a mount or driving a cart
  • Fixed planters timer going weird when no planters are active on the server
  • Changed plural names for planters to be more specific (for missions)
  • Improved permission checks for planters in villages
  • Tweaked stump volume to better fit in carts/vehicles

Read here for more info: https://otherlands.bdew.net/2020/07/08/server-update-08-07-2020/

Edited by bdew
  • Like 4

Great server, nice work @bdew

Edited by solmark

Oh nice new map coming! Nysa is apparently launching August 14th! Looks like I'm coming back to Wurm just in time. See you guys there.

• Like 1

A new map named “Nysa” is coming to Otherlands on Friday, August 14th at 17:00 UTC! (13:00 EDT / 10:00 PDT)

Initially the server will be available to new characters only, and you will be starting completely naked. You can read about how to start without anything in wurm here:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Crude_tools
During the launch period travel and mail to/from Nysa will not be available from existing serves. There will be special unique titles, achievements and other rewards available during that time!

The server will have 5 dragons spawned at launch, once those are killed (or a month passes without them dying) the server will be connected to the rest of the cluster and normal travel will be available by boats and portals.     

https://otherlands.bdew.net/2020/08/02/nysa-server-launch/

nysa.png

Hope to see you all there!

Edited by April
  • Like 4

Server Update - 07/08/2020 

Tents can now be dropped on deed by citizens

You can now sleep in tents and hay piles

Tents can be used to sleep outdoors and will give you 75% of the sleep bonus you would earn sleeping in a bed

Hay piles can only be used indoors and will give 50% of the sleep bonus you would earn sleeping in a bed

Canopy beds will give 25% more sleep bonus compared to normal beds

Sleeping in/on rare (or higher) items will give 20% more sleep bonus per level of rarity

Sleeping in/on high quality items will give 10% more sleep bonus at 70+ QL and 25% more at 90+ QL

Fixed a vanilla bug that allowed to sleep on items you shouldn’t normally be able to.

Town portals have a new model (special thanks to angie!) and a slightly tweaked crafting recipe

Lava will no longer freeze down in focus zones (like the rift islands or new volcano on Nysa)

Additional details on Nysa launch

Web map for Nysa is now available here: https://otherlands.bdew.net/map/nysa/

Character Creation

You can create a character on Nysa by logging to Otherlands PVE Cluster with a new name and picking “Nysa – Freedom PVE (Character creation only)” from the creation screen.

Once created your name will be reserved and you’ll be able to play that character once the server is open.

Special rewards

During the launch period all characters created on Nysa will receive the “Explorer” title and unlock a special “A Fresh Start” journal tier.

A Fresh Start requires the following achievements for completion:
Reach 70 FS
Visit the Hellmaw Volcano and examine a boulder
Complete a mission from one of the gods
Equip a magic ring or necklace
Reach 90 in any skill
Kill a Dragon
Kill a Warmaster

If you manage to complete all the above during the launch period you will receive the “Conqueror” title and a supreme blueprint.

The blueprint can be used to begin construction on one item from the following list (that will be guaranteed to be of supreme quality):

Large Cart or Wagon
Sail Boat or any of the bigger ships
Forge or Oven
Floor Loom
Chicken Coop
Guard Tower
Altar (wood)
Magic Planter (stone)

Edited by April
  • Like 2

Thanks for the updates, April!

Otherlands is one of the oldest and best run servers in the WU community, always happy to see new updates there!

• Like 1

I have my character name reserved and I can't wait for Nysa to open!

• Like 2

yeah my name reserved already, although launch is 3am my time so it will be many hours before i log in 😃

• Like 2

I'm still deciding -- do you think it's worth it to join Nysa since I know I won't be able to log on until about a week after launch?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Batta said:

I'm still deciding -- do you think it's worth it to join Nysa since I know I won't be able to log on until about a week after launch?

Schrödinger's cat  - join and find out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Hmm would depend on your goal, if it is purely to be a fighter in the unique slayings then totally. If you want to be the main crafter for a specific skill then probably be a little late.

Within a week i would expect to be well over 70fs with 60-70ql gear, depending on server action and skill values, I don't recall seeing them anywhere  *shrug*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

depending on server action and skill values, I don't recall seeing them anywhere  *shrug*

It does say in the title of the thread :P

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

• Like 2

Two hours to go!!

Who has their perfect spot picked out?

Who might beat them to it?

edit: what a perfect launch!

Starting naked (no items/armor/weapons, making crude tools and killing hellcats for charcoal) is actually quite fun on a 10x/10x server!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1