Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

Server has been updated to WU 1.9.1.5!

Official patch notes:

Modded patch notes below (and there's a lot of them!)

New character creation system

Now when creating a new character on Otherlands you will be presented with a server selection in the same screen as picking your gender. A handy option to skip the new tutorial is included.

N9E6hcH.png

General changes

• All horse / hell horse colors (besides grey / ash) will now provide the same speed bonus as ebony/molten
  • Unicorn foals are now colored like mature unicorns
  • Unicorn foals can be lead without taming/charming by players with 50+ AH/AT
  • Archaeology fragments have been updated with new 1.9 statues
  • Evergreen Twig is now craftable (arcane shard + any sprout)

Spell changes (after vanilla priest rework)

• Modded rite of spring is removed, new vanilla mechanics used for all rites (you need to pray after cast to get sb and bonus)
  • Drain Life and Smite will continue working as they did before, 1.9 changes don't apply to the modded version
  • Life Transfer and Essence Drain are both available to WL and BL. Cost is set to 80 on both.
  • Web Armour and Aura of Shared Pain are both available to WL and BL. 
  • New vanilla cleanse is removed as it's already covered by our Enchant Nature. Our old cleanse (that removes all myc on deed) will continue working as is.
  • Corrupt (the spell formerly known as Fungus) had PVP requirement removed (can be cast on Otherland server)
  • Rite of Death had PVP requirement for full effect removed (will spread myc on Otherland server)

Modified archaeology cache system

• This replaces the vanilla cache system
  • As you investigate tiles on a deed for which you have a full report you will be making progress towards discovering a cache
  • After each action that adds to your progress you will receive one of the following messages (depending on progress)
    • You feel like you're on the right path to finding a cache!
    • You feel like you're making progress to finding a cache!
    • You feel like you're getting close to finding a cache!
  • After enough investigations have been performed you will receive a hidden cache containing high-value fragments and a mini-token of the village
  • The cache will be placed in front of you and you will get an on screen message. Don't forget to loot it!
  • You can acquire multiple caches for the same village and unlike vanilla this does not consume the report
  • For testing the number of required actions have been set significantly lower, it will be higher when this update goes live

Journal changes

• Added a new journal tier "The Other Lands" - Rewards "Otherlander" title and a fantastic essence of magic
    • Will be unlocked after you complete "Paved With Stone" tier.
  • Paved With Stone (Basic level 3)
    • Removed - Study a tree or bush  
    • Added - Build from a vehicle 
  • On the Highway (Intermediate level 1)
    • Removed - Complete an almanac  
    • Removed - Kill a creature with a catapult 
    • Added - Search a lair 
  • Picking up Speed (Intermediate level 2)
    • Added - Ride a unicorn 
  • The Winding Road (Intermediate level 3)
    • Removed - Win 10 spars 
    • Removed - Ride a unicorn (moved to previous level) 
    • Added - Ride a dark worg 
    • Added - Use a brown potion 
  • Dedication (Priest level 1)
    • Removed - Listen to a sermon 
    • Removed - Link with another priest 
    • Added - Create enchanted grass or mycelium 
  • Approbation (Priest level 2)
    • Removed - Hold 10 sermons 
    • Reward changed, instead of max faith gains per day you will get 20% less penalty to casting from armor. This stacks with shoulderpads and can reduce the penalty to 0. 
  • Benediction (Priest level 3)
    • Removed - Hold 100 sermons 

Fishing changes

• Players will receive an on screen notification when a fish bites (when rod fishing) or spawns (spear fishing) 
  • Caught fish can be automatically stored
    • When fishing from the ground this will try to store the fish in any keep net that the player has open
    • When fishing from a boat it will try to store in attached keep net, or crates/FSBs for larger ships or ship hold
    • When fishing with a net and none of the above apply the fish will be moved from the net to player inventory
  • Skill gain from fishing increased and will now also come as passive ticks during fishing actions 
  • Spear fishing no longer misses if you click too far from the fish
    • Instead - if you click close you will get a bonus to your skill check
  • Nimbleness cast on spears makes fish with them easier
  • Wind of Ages and Blessing of the Dark casts on rods/spears/nets and their QL make fishing with them faster
  • Fishing timers have been tweaked to be significantly faster (all modes)
  • Lore action will display a detailed report on all that you can currently catch after 40 skill
    • After 60 skill you will be able to look up detailed report on each fish, see what it likes and how it affects your chances
    • Lore action has also been sped up significantly

qp8au6v.png

QyKeRtk.png

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bdew said:

Server has been updated to WU 1.9.1.5!

*snip*

very very awesome :D

Edited by April
  • Like 1

Server Update - 10/04/2019

• Difficulty of archaeology caches was on a low testing setting that i forgot to change, oops! They are now significantly harder to find.
  • "Store favor in a gem" journal entry can now be completed with draining for lib priests.
  • Rift creatures are not affected by libila passive (that makes monsters neutral).
  • Jewelry enchants can now be casted on magic jewelry.
Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Server Update – 12/04/2019

• Healing resistance will now expire much more quickly and stack up to significantly lower times
  • Crates can now sort by QL (thanks TheThing for contributing some code and ideas)
    • All existing crates will have sort toggled off, but new crates will have it on by default
    • Can be toggled just like BSBs
  • All bulk containers that can sort by QL will now show sorted/unsorted status in the name
  • Fishing: Grubs, wurms, twigs and bark can be now always gathered from all tiles of the correct type and without having to wait for the tile to repopulate
  • Caravel base speed increased to be more similar to knarrs
  • The following items can now be waxed to preserve like food:
    • All flower bouquets
    • Rose flower
    • Lavender flower
    • Camellia leaves
    • Wemp plants and fibre
  • Like 2

Server Update – 13/04/2019

• Fixed issues with using crystal of eternal flame to smelt things in piles on the ground
  • Updated taxidermy to work with new animal colors
  • Fixed taxidermied hell horses, hens and rooster display issues
  • The following additional items can now be waxed to preserve like food:
    • Cotton
    • Clams

Server Update – 15/04/2019

• Artifacts can no longer be found by random digging
  • Fixed Bag of Holding spell failing to work on magic chests
  • All jewelry damage and protection spells can now be cast by priests of all gods
  • Crusaders kingdom temporarily removed from heraldic certificate as the art was removed from 1.9 client due to copyright issues
    • Existing items will show their default texture until the new art is re-added to the client
  • Added new options to heraldic certificate
    • Military tent for Ebonaura
    • Flag, banner, tall banner and military tent for Valhalla Descendants
    • Flag, banner, tall banner and military tent for Wurm University
    • You can see all the new stuff on our brand new Heraldic Certificate page
  • Like 2

Server Update – 19/04/2019

• Added water rune – can be applied to anything that can hold water and will make it magically refill with water
    • Uses jewel smithing to craft, check recipe screen for full recipe
    • Does not apply to wells and fountains – those still use a piping kit
  • Feeding hand spell will now fill chicken coop feed boxes in range
  • Chicken coops can now be dyed
  • Hens laying eggs in coops will now produce 99ql eggs like they do on the ground
  • Removed many modded items from appearing in missions
  • Like 2

Easter is Upon Us!

Easter is here, and with it the Easter bunnies have arrived to litter our lands with their weird, colored, eggs!
You can find eggs just laying on the ground, by foraging (once per character) and even in some creature dens.

Later today we will have a special Easter dragon hunt, and after the dragon dies some different kind of eggs will appear across the land!

unknown.png
Edited by bdew

WSJFxpQ.jpg

MmTdHMN.jpg

Easter Day dragon hunt. Or did I imagine it?

Edited by Palgolak
  • Like 3

Hey im in there, im the one looking like a bunny :P

Was an awesome slaying of 2 confused dragons lol

Server Update - 26/04/2019

• New item: Tool Bag
    • Can hold all the big tools (rake, scythe, diotra, fishing poles, etc.)
    • Made with leatherworking – check in game recipes screen for recipe
    • Can be equipped in back slot (but looks like a normal backpack)
  • Fixed feeding hand to not un-chop vegetables when filling chicken coop feeders.
  • Like 4

Server Update – 02/05/2019

• Altar of youth can now be improved when not heated
  • New item: Arcane candle – looks like a normal candle but never burns out
    • Made with arcane shard + wax. Uses natural substances skill.
  • Like 2

Server Update - 10/05/2019

• Statue of Unicorn, Lava Fiend and Tich reduced to 40 required fragments like the other statues
  • Amount of investigation required to uncover an archaeology cache reduced by 30%

Server Update - 24/05/2019

• Gorillas will now spawn on all servers (in mountain areas)
  • Hyena changes:
    • Hyenas can now spawn as both sexes
    • Hyenas can be lead and mounted without taming by players with 50 AH + AT
    • Hyenas base speed as mounts and bonus from speed traits increased
    • Hyenas will live significantly longer
    • Note: Hyenas still spawn only on otherland, this is not changed. If taken to another server they might be aggressive towards players that don’t have the 50 AH/AT bonus or Fo priest passive.
  • Rite of death Land of the Dead can now be cast on all servers
Edited by bdew
wrong spell
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bdew said:

Gorillas will now spawn on all servers (in mountain areas)

Yay!

Server Update – 08/06/2019

• Added “Crack Pot” title for 100 pottery skill – grats Kitcorps!
  • Evergreen twig can now be set to change 5×5, 3×3 or a single tile
  • Kingdom animals that are born on deed will be assigned to the kingdom of the deed
    • This will hopefully prevent newborn hyenas from suiciding by attacking their parents or guards.
  • Fixed Rite of Death failing to spread mycelium on otherland server
  • Gems below 10ql will be destroyed if you use them with Libila drain ability

Server Update - 28/06/2019

• We no longer support wurm-unlimited.com server ranking site due to them blocking users with adblock from voting, as such all voting links have been removed from the site and from the game

• God avatars have been granted the power to dispose of mortals that annoy them too much
  • Fixed multiple cases of engrish in modded actions
  • Discord bot will now show the number of online players
    unknown.png
Edited by bdew

Trick or Treat
Ominous gravestones have appeared across the land.
Treats (and tricks!) await brave adventurers that can defeat the monstrosities guarding them!

Also a new spooky craftable helmet has been added 🎃

• Craftable from carved pumpkin + greathelm
  • Provides same protection as a greathelm
  • Keeps the material of the greathelm used to craft
  • Improves using platesmithing

unknown.png

Note: Client modlauncher + serverpacks mod is required to see the special halloween mobs.

unknown.png

• Like 3

Recently reviewed the discussion on main forum and WU's fate. Decided to not waste time on creating another class to introduce people to WU and just play the game. With retirement looming I am even considering getting satellite internet for my off-grid cabin, so I can enjoy WU at home (on a MP server - since I have pretty much always played SP, offline.)

Was very glad your server is still up and running as I was very grateful for your mods and comments, when creating my previous project for my class. Even happier to see it was PvE : )

Going to go check out the web site before I have to run and teach a class. Looking forward to creating a character to explore your world.

Thanks.

Pick me! Pick me!

(New player ; )

But scanning this forum and the webpage I don't find a "Newbies Guide to Overlands" or "Overlands for Dummies". My previous toe dipping into creating scenarios and maps left me with a little understanding of what needs to happen for mods, etc. But since I have never actually PLAYED mp I was looking for a quick list of what I needed to do to set up my local game files to be able to see / use all your content. May just jump in and see what happens . . .

Most of the mods are completely serverside and don't require anything on your end.

A few -might- need Ago's clientside modloader just for the ServerPacks mod  

(*Wait for BDew to answer though as his answer will be best!!!*)

* edited to fix link to correct client mod

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

38 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Most of the mods are completely serverside and don't require anything on your end.

Thanks. I just went ahead and jumped in the pond. Odd to see a world so heavily "settled." Did not notice anything (problem wise) that seemed to relate to mods. Went through a portal to go to Otherlands map as it seemed to have the most open space. And completely broke with my tradition and picked Libella vs. Fo or Vynora : )

19 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

That's pretty much it. You'll need serverpacks mod to get a few pieces of custom art a to show correctly, and custommap mod for custom ingame maps to show up. Both come with the modlauncher.

You might also want to grab some of my client mods for convenience/utility but they aren't specific to the server or required to play on it, just generic stuff - 

@bdew - thanks for clarification. As I noted in previous post, I did not want to wait, so I just jumped in sans any mods. Kind of crazy how fast things happen : )

Starter town just has so many options. I tend to play a more "survival" type game, where I dump all but the most critical of my starter gear and head of in a random direction. This required a lot more planning as "empty" space is at a premium. And once I discovered how quickly I could get to Priest option, I needed to stick around to mine some gold and make a Statuette.

Then I discovered that dead bodies don't fit into "normal" sized altars. (I think this is vanilla issue) Which is annoying as Libella likes dead bodies so that means I need to stay close enough to the starting town to dispose of them and gain favor.

I did drop my starter gear as normal, but had already added a small anvil and a couple of tools (needed for making my Statuette). Trying to get brave enough to go tackle one of the special event things (I think that is what the odd glowing pumpkin-like plants are) with no armor and just a spear for a weapon.

I should take the time to install the mod stuff, but having too much fun just playing the game.

13 hours ago, lokitheweaver said:

Then I discovered that dead bodies don't fit into "normal" sized altars. (I think this is vanilla issue) Which is annoying as Libella likes dead bodies so that means I need to stay close enough to the starting town to dispose of them and gain favor.

A few tips...

Bag of holding spell works on altars and is pretty low difficulty so it's not too hard to get a nice cast that'll allow more stuff to fit.

Lib priests on otherlands get a special ability called "Drain" that replaces the normal vessel spell, you use it by activating a gem and right clicking a monster, it'll damage the target to charge the gem with favor you can use later.

Also drain life spell is significantly stronger than vanilla, both in the healing and damage it does.

9 hours ago, bdew said:

A few tips...

Bag of holding spell works on altars and is pretty low difficulty so it's not too hard to get a nice cast that'll allow more stuff to fit.

Lib priests on otherlands get a special ability called "Drain" that replaces the normal vessel spell, you use it by activating a gem and right clicking a monster, it'll damage the target to charge the gem with favor you can use later.

Also drain life spell is significantly stronger than vanilla, both in the healing and damage it does.

Thanks for the tips. I saw that many items had "bag of holding" cast on them, but although familiar with the term, I had not encountered it in WU. Of course I already sold the couple of small gems I had found, but will keep an eye out for the future. With fast skill gain and altars everywhere I have not had many issue with needing more favor.

Super drain life? That explains a lot. I was seeing it take 1/2 of a health bar on some creatures (or kill weak ones outright) which seemed a bit more powerful than any of the other damage dealing Priest spells I had used in SP. It has been handy though, as I have only managed to equip myself in some 15-20 ql leather armor and arm myself with a large spear : ) But a couple of drain life spells keeps me alive in combat.

Have changed my playstyle scenario a bit to reflect the number of (empty) deeds and buildings, from "single survivor" to "ghost world". Decided, last night, for RP purposes to work on Archeology - who lived here and where did they go mystery. Stick around the starting area in case I ever see anyone else on line. From your map it looks like a small sailing boat would allow me to travel around, with a decent amount of gear, for exploring.

Still a little wary of the whole "deed" thing. Never had to do it in SP and the cost / when you have to pay them are a bit confusing (wiki says every 8 minutes, and it has taken me several hours of play to get 90+ copper - don't think my income level will support even a small deed, unless I am missing some time factor. Not unlikely as I have already had my food stock decay and get tossed a few times. Being logged out for a few hours does have quite a bit of impact when time marches forward without you.)

Figured out the glowing blobs were lava spiders, not scary event things. Hoping to have time this week-end to install mod loader and other goodies, but having a great time as things are.

Cheers (and thanks for creating this world / WU experience.)

5 minutes ago, lokitheweaver said:

Still a little wary of the whole "deed" thing. Never had to do it in SP and the cost / when you have to pay them are a bit confusing (wiki says every 8 minutes, and it has taken me several hours of play to get 90+ copper - don't think my income level will support even a small deed, unless I am missing some time factor. Not unlikely as I have already had my food stock decay and get tossed a few times. Being logged out for a few hours does have quite a bit of impact when time marches forward without you.)

The calculation is done every 8 minutes but the prices you see are for a (RL) month.

90c will last for almost a month of upkeep for a small deed, a bit less if you hire a guard.

Also on otherlands you get 5s free towards founding your deed so if you do a small one it will last a few RL months just from that, and by the time that runs out if you keep playing - earning more coins won't be a problem.

Just FYI - bag of holding (at least at my level of 70+ piety : ) does not allow a normal altar (those placed all over outside the starting area) to hold a dead body (not certain if it is weight or mass).

Too bad. Always thought it was a game design bug to have a deity who had an affinity for dead bodies, but you could not give her any . . .

edit: although re-reading your suggestion it may be I need to look more carefully to see if I got a "good" casting : )

And thanks for info on how deed costs work. I knew you had the 5 silver and 3 silver built in, but Wiki was very confusing. Of course the fact that time passes on the server takes a bit of getting used to also.

edit #2: Yep, first casting was "not" good : ) Took me a few attempts but finally got a 49 and that was enough to fit a dead body into the altar.

Hate to keep cluttering this thread with questions, but what are the ethical norms for the server? I see stuff that appears to be dropped by players but sometimes I get a message that picking up anything is theft / bad karma / illegal; other times something is clearly a part of a deed and my guess is the deed owner sets permissions; but I also found things like a small plot of wheat - no deed. I did not think cutting the wheat would have a big impact, since it will just re-grow, but did not do it, since it might be considered bad.

Edited by lokitheweaver
just because ; )