Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

Having a lot of fun just solo on the server, but would welcome more players for sure... You did a great job on map design-  the tree/shrub and resource distribution seem really well done.  I'm really enjoying the mods you've made, as it takes out the frustration from Wurm.  Pardon the expression, but it's more of a 'Beer & Pretzels' style wurm, where you can just relax and enjoy it more without having to worry about all the 'wogic' limitations that can make Wurm a pain in the butt, even for veteran players.  The HotS PvE adds a very interesting new flavor as well, so combined with the rest of the mods it's almost like a whole new game.

Prayer and Meditation skill tick to once a day is AWESOME! Since i only have an hour or so to play on the days i work i dont have to worry about logging in and grinding it. Thank you!

On 5/7/2016 at 3:28 PM, bdew said:

If you used to pray/meditate more than 25 times per day you should get a life :P

But that sounds like soo much effort! It might even include having to go OUTSIDE! *shudder*

Help I can't stop playing wurm and don't know what to do!

18 hours ago, Feagwath said:

it takes out the frustration from Wurm.  Pardon the expression, but it's more of a 'Beer & Pretzels' style wurm, where you can just relax and enjoy it more without having to worry about all the 'wogic' limitations that can make Wurm a pain in the butt, even for veteran players.

This is one of my aims, taking the annoying stuff out, while keeping the fun stuff in :P

I've been everywhere on the server and there doesn't seem to be any cedar trees anywhere. Is this an oversight or by design?

(If it is an oversight I'll take a bunch of cedar sprouts, thanks :P )

Edited by Karthannar

2 hours ago, Karthannar said:

I've been everywhere on the server and there doesn't seem to by any cedar trees anywhere. Is this an oversight or by design?

(If it is an oversight I'll take a bunch of cedar sprouts, thanks :P )

Looks like it was an error when generating the map... also we're missing olives and oleander bushes too.

I spawned a BSB with sprouts at Irkalla for now as a short term solution. I'll look into doing some sneaky map regeneration to spawn them in some areas without breaking anything else.

Next to my deed is a small desert i dont need...feel free to plant ceders over there XD

4 hours ago, Biervampyr said:

Next to my deed is a small desert i dont need...feel free to plant ceders over there XD

I'll probably replace the trees in some existing forest areas, possibly some of the 100500 birches we seem to have everywhere :P 

just noticed right now that destroying floors is old speed :/ could you make it that the behave at destroying like walls?

/edit with your custom action mod its ID 524 dont know if you need that :) 

Edited by Biervampyr

6 hours ago, Biervampyr said:

just noticed right now that destroying floors is old speed :/ could you make it that the behave at destroying like walls?

/edit with your custom action mod its ID 524 dont know if you need that :) 

Will be fixed in next update - hopefully tomorrow.

Also planning to do that sneaky tree regeneration to add the missing types tommorow, after which the BSB with the sprouts will be removed - so if anyone still wants them, grab them now :P

• Like 1

Oh and if it isnt to much work would it be possible to get sotg back to 50% becouse we will need every kind of damage reduction we can get if we wanna try to kill bigger uniques than the goblin leader. I dont wanna get you server a easy game but without the fo heal it doesnt matter how many people are around if they die like flies XD

Server update 16/05/2016

• Some forested areas were regenerated to place the missing tree/bush types (olive, cedar and oleander)
  • Meditating with low QL rugs is a lot less likely to fail to gain skill while still going on cooldown (but it's still not 100%, imp those rugs :P)
  • Shield skills and shield bashing skill gain significantly increased 
  • Fixed destroying floors not being affected by the timer modifier

1 hour ago, Biervampyr said:

get sotg back to 50%

I'll look into it.

• Like 2

Server update 19/05/2016

• Server updated to WU 1.0.0.6
  • Serverpacks mod updated to latest version. If you are using the client side mod, make sure to update it and the mod loader to 0.4+ otherwise the map won't work.
  • Free sprouts BSB removed from Irkalla

Server update 27/05/2016

• Fixed a bug preventing some creatures from spawning without lairs (e.g. trolls) or at all (e.g. hell creatures)
  • Tweaked spawn rules for better mob distribution and less goddamn wolfs everywhere. This will take a some time to take full effect, kill more wolfs for faster and better repopulation :P
  • Most building-related actions can now be performed while driving a cart
  • When building structures (walls, floors, roofs, fences, doors, bridges, etc.) while driving or dragging a cart - materials will be automatically taken from the cart, including from inside crates
  • Like 3

Server update 22/06/2016

• Server updated to 1.0.0.7
  • Cave dwellings are now enabled
Edited by bdew

Server update 28/06/2016

• Cave dwellings can now use all wall types
  • Like 1

Server update 08/08/2016 ("I'm not dead, yet" edition)

• Updated to WU 1.1.1.1
  • Traders were changed to have a consistent supply of cash, independent of the kingdom coffers
  • Fixed vehicles moving backwards when they get too fast
  • Like 1

Server update 07/09/2016

• Non-domestic creatures (e.g. hell horses) can now drag carts/wagons at any age and with any status (champions, etc.)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bdew said:

Server update 07/09/2016

• Non-domestic creatures (e.g. hell horses) can now drag carts/wagons at any age and with any status (champions, etc.)

Dont like the newest WO patch note about aggressive creatures being hitched. Come to WU server where you can get all you could ever ask for!

Updating server to 1.1.1.2 and also doing an OS update + restart of the host. Server will be back up within 15 minutes.

All done and server is back up.

• Server updated to WU 1.1.1.2
  • Hitched aggressive pets will not unhitch if they stop being tame.
  • Hitched aggressive creatures will no longer attack players.
Edited by bdew

Due to various reasons, including RL, other obligations, being bored with Wurm and lack of progress/communication from CC I have decided to take a break from WU.

The server is pretty much a ghost town nowadays, but i'll leave it running for now in case people still want to play on.

There is currently no active staff on the server, which means that your in game tickets will likely not be seen by anyone. If you have any issues you can PM me here, or DM me on twitter (@blackdew).

So i've been somewhat more active in Wurm again, and i want to do something with the server.

The server is currently dead for most intents and purposes, since the start of February there have been in total 6 characters that logged in for any significant time (excluding myself).

I'm currently thinking about restarting the server with a new map (some people have complained that the map is too annoying without enough flat land), maybe getting rid of HOTS theme (not many people seem to enjoy it).

Other things i'm considering:

• Upping the multipliers a bit, maybe to x10 on both skill and speed
  • Adding moon metals as normal ore spawns
  • Removing the restrictions from praying/meditation
  • Valrei/Rift mob spawns (probably localized to some area, so they don't harass the general population)

There will likely be some way to transfer existing characters (with skills, and possibly items) to the new server, but i'm not sure how exactly it will work.

Nothing is currently set in stone and i'm considering all options, so if you have played on the server before, or would like to play in the future and have any input please comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdew said:

maybe getting rid of HOTS theme (not many people seem to enjoy it). 

I logged in once, looked at all the mycelium-infected landscape, and logged out as I am a born-again Fo "green nature freak", so this change would likely have kept me there. Although I like the idea of diversity and variety so that people can find a server that suits them, and it was the one thing that made Otherlands quite unique.  So i understood and did not mind,. Still, it made me at least leave right away sorry.   

The main reasons however I tried Otherlands will always be there:  At the top of my must-have list is a server run by technically proficient administrators who know exactly what they are doing  (ie no corrupted databases/bugsdowntimne), that are longterm committed  and will not get bored after a few months, and finally that had a professional attitude with no-ego and no-drama

Otherlands met every single requirement on my list, I just needs me my green stuff and my Fo. Although I would still be sad to see the HOTS/Libila theme go, just because it was so  unique.

(I am pretty settled in now on my current server, just commenting in case it helps you in your decisionmaking process). 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors