Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

Server update - 16/04/2016

• Beds, BSBs and FSBs are no longer limited to 1 per tile
  • The following actions are now allowed when mounted or riding a vehicle: Level, Flatten, Dig, Pack, Destroy Pavement, Pick Sprout, Chop up, Sow, Cultivate
  • Digging or leveling from a cart will now store and use dirt from the cargo, including crates
  • Digging or leveling while dragging a cart will store and use dirt from the cart
  • Digging clay now gives 20kg per action
  • Rock tiles will take a bit less actions to break (~35-45, compared to 50-60 before)
  • Added "Move to center" and "Move to corner" actions under move menu
  • Village faith bonuses decay is now disabled
  • CA chat is now enabled by default, players that don't want it can disable it from their profile management

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, bdew said:

Server update - 16/04/2016

• Beds, BSBs and FSBs are no longer limited to 1 per tile
  • The following actions are now allowed when mounted or riding a vehicle: Level, Flatten, Dig, Pack, Destroy Pavement, Pick Sprout, Chop up, Sow, Cultivate
  • Digging or leveling from a cart will now store and use dirt from the cargo, including crates
  • Digging or leveling while dragging a cart will store and use dirt from the cart
  • Digging clay now gives 20kg per action
  • Rock tiles will take a bit less actions to break (~35-45, compared to 50-60 before)
  • Added "Move to center" and "Move to corner" actions under move menu
  • Village faith bonuses decay is now disabled
  • CA chat is now enabled by default, players that don't want it can disable it from their profile management

Can you make this available as a server mod for other servers?

bdew just tell me that you hate me ;) Love the patch but i digged 5000 clay 2 days ago! :D 

/edit im really grateful that i could settle at such a great server!

Edited by Biervampyr
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MootRed said:

Can you make this available as a server mod for other servers?

All digging related stuff + move to center is available as 2 new mods i released today:

The other stuff... "Beds, BSBs and FSBs are no longer limited to 1 per tile" and "Village faith bonuses decay is now disabled" are currently part of a private "kitchensink" mod i have for minor edits. If there is interest i can release those in some form.

CA chat is a database edit - changed PLAYER.PAWINDOW default to 1 and changed all players to set it to 1.

17 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

bdew just tell me that you hate me ;) Love the patch but i digged 5000 clay 2 days ago! :D 

/edit im really grateful that i could settle at such a great server!

Hehe, at least it will be there for the next 5000 :P

• Like 1

Hmm i dont know if this is a bug with the faith decay but it seems that the faith bonus isnt increasing...

sacced 60 ql45 Silver rings and 8 ql35 gold rings but the bonus didnt increased 

/edit oh and could you maybe look into this :D 

Edited by Biervampyr

22 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

Hmm i dont know if this is a bug with the faith decay but it seems that the faith bonus isnt increasing...

sacced 60 ql45 Silver rings and 8 ql35 gold rings but the bonus didnt increased 

/edit oh and could you maybe look into this :D 

I've just tried saccing both raw resources and rings and it correctly increased the bonus... Were you at max favor when doing that?

Not sure about the harvest thing, i'll look into it when i get the chance.

I started playing on the server a couple of days ago. While quiet, the server has been great otherwise. I thought about starting a HOTS PvE server myself, and actually managed to get mycelium to stick around by modifying rolfcode. This allows me to be much lazier though :P

I usually play on Sklotopolis most of the time. However as a blacklighter at heart, I think I will be splitting my time between there and here. :) 

Welcome to the server Karthannar!

In other news: There's currently an issue with the last update that prevents dirt from digging/leveling being stored in crates that are inside a locked cart. This will be fixed tomorrow. Fixed.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

I will try it sometimes today again but i was just at 2 seconds rarity window so not even close to max 

34 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

I will try it sometimes today again but i was just at 2 seconds rarity window so not even close to max 

What i meant is that the character that does the sacrificing needs to be at max favor. If you gain any favor from the sacrifice, it will not contribute to the village bonuses.

Added: (That's a general rule for WO and WU, not something specific to the server)

Added2: Protip: Bag of Holding spell works on altars, making them into awesome trash disposers :P 

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Lol i know about the faith bonus rule but i didnt watched out if i had full faith. This could have been the problem XD

btw i have the boh spell nearly everywhere and really love it XD 

hmm it seems we have a little bit bugged blach dragon hatchling... me and my friend killed it 11 times today (have 11 blood each) but he never wanted to die for real :( hes now at irkalla

1 minute ago, Biervampyr said:

hmm it seems we have a little bit bugged blach dragon hatchling... me and my friend killed it 11 times today (have 11 blood each) but he never wanted to die for real :( hes now at irkalla

how did only two people kill a dragon? By the power of Libila!

was hard with 2 champion zombie trolls :) 

Edited by Biervampyr

combat.jpg

bier.jpg

after the fight :D yeah we both died but just once  ;) 

Edited by Biervampyr

This server idea sounds pretty amazing... going to try and get on this weekend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Biervampyr said:

Yay bugs. Looks like he was somehow missing his inventory, which caused an error when handling it's death. I'm not sure how it got into that bugged state, i tried looking through the rolfcode but i don't see how is that even possible.

The dragon was terminated, the mess at Irkalla cleaned (it managed to destroy a few walls and stuff) and Biervampyr and Combatmedic were compensated with a drake jacket each for their trouble - check your mail (recreating the actual loot that should have dropped has proved impossible without direct messing with the database).

Regarding unique creature difficulty and loot - i'm going to leave it as is for now. If/when the server will be more populated i'll probably bump up the difficulty and loot from them, but for now that would just mean nothing gets killed at all.

• Like 1

Thx for the jacket but you didnt need to do this. The fun allone was worth it XD took around 1 hour to get it "down" and was more of a Test if it is even possible ;) but i think the other uniques like the black dragon or the kyklops will die on age before we will be able to kill it XD

Server update - 03/05/2016

• Underground altars will no longer spread mycelium on the surface

Server update - 04/05/2016

• Server updated to WU 1.0.0.5

Ever since the update mycelium seems to be randomly disappearing again.

Never mind, I'm a giant derp.

Actually, I don't think I am a derp. It only seems to affect mycelium lawn, regular mycelium is untouched.

48ecee14a3.png

This is a screenshot of my deed from the minimap. All of the green pixels are in areas I have trimmed to lawn to prevent trees from growing.

Edited by Karthannar

Server update 07/05/2016

• Faith and Meditation gains are now limited to 1 per day and skill gain rate have been significantly increased
  • Faith for players below 30 level is still unlimited (and should be faster)
  • Skill gain cap of 1 point per tick was removed (this will mostly affect faith and meditation, and maybe a couple other skills at very low levels)
  • Hot food cooking skill gain rate increased

My main aim with this is to make progressing in those skills less annoying, removing the requirement to interrupt gameplay and find an altar every 20/30 minutes.

The numbers are balanced around praying/meditating 25 per day pre-change. If you used to pray/meditate less - you will see an overall gain-per-day increase. If you used to pray/meditate more than 25 times per day you should get a life :P

I'm open to feedback and suggestions about those two skills. Think the rates are wrong? Have any ideas how to make them more interesting? Please post here!

----------------

On 5/5/2016 at 5:34 AM, Karthannar said:

This is a screenshot of my deed from the minimap. All of the green pixels are in areas I have trimmed to lawn to prevent trees from growing.

That's odd. I don't *think* that my change affected mycelium converting to lawns in any way, but maybe i missed something. Also maybe the vanilla update broke something... I'll investigate.

Added: Ok this looks like a vanilla wurm mechanic/bug, mycelium lawn has a ~10% chance per poll to convert to grass for some reason, then the grass converts to mycelium (not lawn) at 33% chance. I can see how this can become annoying and will look at removing it in the next update.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bdew said:

Server update 07/05/2016

• Faith and Meditation gains are now limited to 1 per day and skill gain rate have been significantly increased
  • Faith for players below 30 level is still unlimited (and should be faster)

*snip*

[18:24:52] Faith increased by 2.1322 to 56.1024

I like this change as I often forget to pray throughout the day. Also on the days I work I can usually only be on for a couple of hours in the evening (for me) so this will definitely speed up my faith gains overall. Also I can stop hiding in a corner at work every twenty minutes to log in via remote desktop on my smartphone to pray :P

Now off to find an insanity tile so I can take advantage of those meditation gains.

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 1