Sign in to follow this  
bdew

Otherlands PVE Cluster [10x/10x][Modded][Freedom+HotS]

Bump! Always looking for more active players to join!

Server update 09/03/2016

• Re-enabled treasure chest - they were disabled by the same bug that caused crop issues in 1.0.0.3
  • Disabled deletion of inactive players (why the hell is this thing on by default? :huh:
  • Level and Flatten timer in caves were shortened
  • Updated some mods

Downtime was a bit longer than normal as i decided to apply a kernel update and reboot the machine, everything should be back up and running now.

• Like 1

Upcoming spell update

I'm planning to tweak a few things about spells, mostly to fix things that look missing or unbalanced to me because we don't have access to WL priests.

Here's what i'm planning to do:

• Make the speed-component of BotD more effective on weapons (this should balance out not having Nimbness)
  • Make BotD cost 50 favor instead of 70
  • Buff drain health a bit (to make hunting less annoying without LT)
  • Add genesis to Libila (possibly with tweaked text fluff)
  • Add Mindstealer to Libila
  • Add Lurker in the Dark/Woods to Libila

Anything else you'd like to see added or changed? Any of that looks like a bad idea for some reason? Please leave feedback in this thread.

• Like 3

This Server is really great and gives a compleate diffrent feeling for Wurm. That was the first i wanted to say XD

i thought a lot about what i would miss in casual play and the only things what comes to my mind is the healing factor over here. I know you just can absorb someone myc to get some healing but that would be impossible when you try to slay a unique. I dont know how scorn of libila will heal in such a fight but maybe wie really need the fo heal.

i asked sometimes ago for life Transfer and i know its not really something you will need but when you think about it this spell fits much more to libila than to fo becouse lib allways needs damage for the heals XD

maybe just call it diffrently like libilas revenge or so XD

Something else i would like to see is maybe an increase of harvest from trees like appels olives and so on.

and this is one If not the only server wich takes actiontimers for real. He even shortend the prayertimer/meditimer/spelltimer to fit in line with all the other stuff.

so thats all from me for the moment :-)

now come on people and give that Server a try its really beautiful over here

• Like 2

Something else i would like to see is that archery towers just need to be 1-5 tile away from each other so you can use them better as a nice decoration XD

And after reading the newest wo patches maybe a mod where your prayer Iron coins go directly to your bank account like in the bounty mod. Thats all for now :-)

Server updated to latest WU build.

Spell rework is still in development, will be up in the next few days hopefully.

• Like 1

in case you haven't seen this, it definitely works, made some skeleton and zombie spawners, even was able to get a greenish hell horse and champs of things you normaly cant

Server Update 28.03.2016

• Fixed improving with BotD tools being slower with unenchanted ones. #blamerolf

Spells rework is still coming soon (tm)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aum said:

in case you haven't seen this, it definitely works, made some skeleton and zombie spawners, even was able to get a greenish hell horse and champs of things you normaly cant

Interesting, i'll see if i can do something fun with that.

• Like 1

Server Update  - 29/03/2016

• Added Life Steal (renamed from Life Transfer), Mind Stealer, Strongwall, Lurker in the Woods / Deep to Libila spells
  • Added spell Shadow Gift - BL variant of Genesis
  • Blessings of the Dark cost reduced to 50 favor

• Base stats (Body/Mind/Soul) gains significantly increased

• Like 3

Great Update!

we need now more players before the black dragon and goblin leader are bored to death XD

Server Update  - 01/04/2016

• Animals can now be hitched to boats. 2 for rowing and sail boat, 4 for cog and corbita, 6 for knarr and caravel.
  • Warning: Unhitching non-swimming animals in deep water will very likely lead to their drowning.
  • Known issue: Hitched animals will look like they are walking on the sea floor. I'm pretty sure that it's a client limitation, probably not fixable without a client-side mod. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Audrel said:

That is a very nice looking map. Bdew! 

Thanks!

In other news, there seems to be a bug with hitching animals to boats that causes lag and/or disconnects for the captain of a ship with animals hitched. I'm currently looking for a fix.

Applied a hotfix which i hope should fix this.

Edited by bdew

On 4/2/2016 at 2:50 AM, Senitor said:

Just joined. Looks excellent

Welcome to the server :)

Was on fine this morning but trying again this afternoon and keep getting denied access due to "Duplicate Authentication" Any ideas?

It's an annoying bug in WU that was supposedly fixed, but still pops up from time to time.

Try switching steam to offline mode then back online, sometimes it gets stuck thinking you are already logged in.

If that doesn't help - send me a message and i'll see about doing a restart.

Thanks, the error seemed to go away almost as soon as it arrived. Great server, thanks for the support :)

Welcome to all new players but we need more.so come to the dark side, we have cookies XD

hmm maybe i have another idea for the server...

lets spawn non-aggresive valrei creatures... i mean we have right now a really low poplulations so theres no chance for unique slaying but valrei creature could be fought with 2-3 people and beeing non aggressive new players wouldnt need to be afraid to get killed :) 

• Like 1

oh and another idea,let us pack and pave from cart,so its easier with highway building :) 

On 4/8/2016 at 3:33 PM, Biervampyr said:

lets spawn non-aggresive valrei creatures... i mean we have right now a really low poplulations so theres no chance for unique slaying but valrei creature could be fought with 2-3 people and beeing non aggressive new players wouldnt need to be afraid to get killed

My current thought on valrei creatures is to make a special region (one of the islands i guess) with valrei mob spawns and some incentives for players to go there (chests, rare metal boulders, etc.).

On 4/8/2016 at 6:24 PM, Alexgopen said:

affliction

I actually was there during the first days of the server, and it was very far from PVE. A bunch of noobs with no gear or skills + no penalties for atacking your won kingdom = FFA PVP everywhere :P

17 hours ago, Biervampyr said:

pack and pave from cart

You should be already able to pave i think, i'll check packing.

• Like 1