Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #6 Alche-Madness

As with all new features, players will use this liquid in ways the Devs had not imagined.  There is often some balancing later.  It will be worked out for the best. :)

From a PVE perspective, there may be very few downsides.  Neat stuff!

• Like 1

This needs to come with limitations. Not inside other kingdom influence, not whilst enemy are in local, I can just imagine peat dirt walls. Lol. Bet glittercrown are buying juice by the tons. Even from that little girl selling lemonade.

*edits. shouldn't work on a certain slope.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

I see clay, peat and tar but what about marsh? I know you can get rid of marsh with floorboards but it would be nice to be able to make some tiles if we like. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What if fog spiders are people transformed by the fog?

An interesting idea - wonders if fog spiders are just an illusion caused by drinking too much.

Really looking forward to being able to remove the excess clay that has been raised around some of the old deeds near here. Guess this will not work on all the clay that is just under the water, but...

Raise the clay, change it then dig it back down. If it's so low to be a hassle, does it matter if it's changed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelody said:

If it's so low to be a hassle, does it matter if it's changed?

When it's a one tile wide path raised just below water level across a clay patch running parallel the shore, it could be.

I saw the word "pirate" mentioned You going to take my idea and drop pirates in as npc? If so about dang time don't forget the robber's as well and the thief's throw in some mobs called mugger's to. spawn near road tiles etc. My post is still here in all these post some where.

Pirate? Can we have tricorn hats, and eye patches - as well as all the other clothes that didn't make it into the game yet.

Oh, and thinking about Unlimited - any news of it being released on OS/X yet?

Good change, when u folks start redesigning the starter towns be sure to add some clay and tar around now that its much easier too make.

Would help new players a shitload.

Oh and also, please ask some very creative freedom players (im sure there is plenty) to redesign the epic starter towns. This would also help the new player experience a lot.

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 5

I love the new alchemy items.  But I wonder how this will potentially affect the WU servers that are partially funded by selling clay, peat, tar tiles from their item shops to deed owners?  I guess with the difficulty of making said tiles, it would still be a convenience item to purchase an instant resource tile, so meh, prob not an issue after all.

Great work dev team!

2 hours ago, Redd said:

I agree, but I feel as if this will be yet another PvP requirement for raiding (which Rolf has tried many times to reduce the "requirements" to PvP). Its just unnecessary on the PvP servers and will be yet another tool for trolling and griefing.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it. Another thing to ADD to the snowball, another thing to ADD to an already massively time consuming raid preparations.

And yes, Resources are very important and adds to the already boring flavour of the game. The ability does allow for easier / more inland deeds, but that also adds to the difficulty of removing them if they can have a clay pit in safety......

The concept of partially changing a tile and taking a break, then doing more  is a nice new feature. Can you add this to painting large ships?

• Like 6

Congrats to Retro!

This is certainly some interesting updates this time around. I'm very much looking forward to the re-designs of Starter Towns. Also, the new transformation liquids are going to make all these devil lemon trees that much more popular...  hmmmm.

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 1

Could the blessing requirement be removed from alchemy? Most priests can't even use alchemy, and priests already have way too much influence on the gameplay overall as it is.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, zorako said:

The concept of partially changing a tile and taking a break, then doing more  is a nice new feature. Can you add this to painting large ships?

They already gave us the ability to handle ship painting, as you can now carry a large barrel or amphora full of dye. 

You could just wait until you have enough dye ready before painting the ship in one action. 

Edited by Meldichoir

5 minutes ago, MisterTeddy said:

Could the blessing requirement be removed from alchemy? Most priests can't even use alchemy, and priests already have way too much influence on the gameplay overall as it is.

Or an alternative so that there would be multiple ways.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Good change, when u folks start redesigning the starter towns be sure to add some clay and tar around now that its much easier too make.

Would help new players a shitload.

Oh and also, please ask some very creative freedom players (im sure there is plenty) to redesign the epic starter towns. This would also help the new player experience a lot.

Clay and tar could be added to the existing starter towns.

57 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:
1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Raise the clay, change it then dig it back down. If it's so low to be a hassle, does it matter if it's changed?

When it's a one tile wide path raised just below water level across a clay patch running parallel the shore, it could be.

If it's just below water level, raise it up, change it, then sink it.

Edited by Kelody

As much as I'm thrilled to have the upcoming ability to add and remove resource tiles... for my pve deed. I'm really hoping this won't be implemented on pvp servers, seems like a bad idea, adding yet another headache to raiding - and raiding is bad enough as it is.

• Like 1

I've designed several deeds for players in DeedPlanner and would be happy to help redesign a starter town for Inde (my home server).  Perhaps I'll get the chance to help out. :)

26 minutes ago, MisterTeddy said:

Keep priest requirement!

THIEF BAGGINS !!!!!.....

THEY STOLE IT THEY DID..... my precious idea.....THEY STOLE IT THEY DID !!!!!

Alchemy System

Started by Garit, 26 Jan 2013

Difficulty

Difficulty of a Potion is the same as difficulty of a Priest spell only when making a Potion and you fail there is a change that the Alchemy Table, Glass bottle and the player can be damaged when the Potion fails.

In most cases the Glass bottle is destroyed (75% chance), some cases the Alchemy table is damaged (50% chance) and the player may be wounded (50% chance).

Below is a small list of ideas for Potions –

Clay Potion

NS skill – 70

Difficulty – 60

Base Potion – (0.10kg) Clay

Prime ingredient – Troll gland.

This Potion, when used on a flat tile near water will turn that tile into a clay tile.

The tile will stay and can be dug for clay but after 1 full wurm day it will turn back into a dirt tile.

Tar Potion

NS skill – 60

Difficulty – 50

Base Potion – (0.10kg) Tar

Prime ingredient – 1 Fillet of Goblin meat.

As with the Clay Potion the Tar turns any flat packed dirt tile into a Tar tile which can be dug. After 1 full wurm day the tile turns back into a dirt tile.

Here is the FULL Alchemy System idea i had way back in 2013.... just in case other idea's pop up that ARE MINE !!!! :<

But joking aside..... this is GREAT news... anything that makes Alchemy MORE like Alchemy is good in my book.

Keep up the good work guys. ;)

And to think i just gave Retrograde congrats on his new job .....We hates him we does.... WE HATES HIM FOREVER. !!!!!!

What is the deal on starter towns, not like they are much use for a new player other than a place to hide from trolls and hell hounds. I don't believe they can do any of these actions on the starter town deed, mine, farm, load/unload, cut down tree's and pick up items unless dropped by yourself.