Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Partially on-deed house permissions and deed expansion.

Hey

Recently I ran into unexpected house permission related isses in our village.

We've got an inactive villager. Before he disappeared (now 3 weeks ago) he had planned a 1x1 house on perimeter (don't ask why, I don't know). One house wall is on deed border and it has one wooden beam attached. Other three walls are just planned, not built. This wannabe house effectively blocks deed expansion in any direction because I don't have permission to modify.

Problem one! Foreign house on west perimeter blocks deed expansion in east, south and north.

I cannot bash that wall because, once again, I don't have permission to modify.

Problem two! House is on deed and off deed at the same time. Won't decay, but cannot bash either.

As per game logic, deed cannot expand over house if the mayor doesn't have permissions to modify this house. Ok, this is clear and I don't complain, that's how it should be. The house is there first, deed cannot move over (under) it.

In our case, deed was there first and house was built partially on deed. This can only happen if the house owner is citizen at the time of planning and building. Thus the house should have same permission logic as any other house fully built on deed. Part of it is on deed, mayor should have permission to bash the walls OR expand deed fully over it (and then can bash).

Only option I'm given right now (other than hoping the owner to come back) is to shrink the deed by two tiles, wait for this one damn wall to decay, and then expand back. This takes time and money and makes me very unhappy. Not to mention there are other citizen houses on the same border which would then also take decay damage (luckily we have permissions on them). However this doesn't sound right.

What I would like to see changed regarding these two problems?

1. Allow deed expansion in certain direction if there is no direct blockage. In our case, I should be allowed to expand east, when that darn house is in west.

2. House built partially on deed and partially on perimeter should be considered as fully on deed.

Thank you for reading.

PS. posting it in server bugs and not suggestions section because it feels like a " Game Mechanics Problem"

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 3

I had the same problem. I was told to reduce the deed size by 2 tiles, let the wall fall & expand it back out.

I put in a support ticket as well with the same result. They are "working on" permissions related to this and a fix is "coming soon(tm)"

Edited by zethreal

I have not tested this yet, but can you not bash/catapult the part of the building that is on your deed?

39 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I have not tested this yet, but can you not bash/catapult the part of the building that is on your deed?

Nope. The building is considered, by the game, to be off-deed. Mayor has no permissions over it. The walls on the deed/perimeter tile border are protected from damage.  I fought with this for 2 weeks and was told by CM/GM that the fix was to reduce deed size by 2 tiles, wait & expand the deed back.

45 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

No. The game treats the whole structure as an off-deed building for the purposes of bashing / catapulting, meaning we cannot touch the single wall that is on our deed, which in turn is keeping the structure from decaying fully on its own over time.

The whole situation feels like an awkward loophole caused by a bad interaction between the two different building rulesets on PvE servers.

Edited by Khari

22 minutes ago, Khari said:

The whole situation feels like an awkward loophole caused by a bad interaction between the two different building rulesets on PvE servers.

It is. And it is frustrating. Because of my deed layout, I have had to bash additional structures to get this taken care of. I'm now waiting for a building with a couple 40+ ql stone walls to go down before I can re-expand my deed.

You really, really ought to be able to bash any part of a house that exists on your own deed. If it's partially on deed and partially off deed, you should be able to bash house bits that overlap your deed, to prevent situations like this.

• Like 1