Sign in to follow this  
Ravenhost

More uses for harvestable plants

Our deed was recently filled with rose bushes. We picked up the sprouts, built hedges - its ok. But then i noticed its a harvesting season! And I was like woot! Now can harvest roses to make... lvl 1 healing covers? Whaaaat?

Well I mean they are beautiful and useful flowers, and you have to wait a lot to harvest them, just to gain such a minor use...

Harvesting those bushes is about long wait and we should gain a reward for waiting. So here are more useful uses for roses, lavender and oleander flowers:

1. Decorative. Yes, they are roses and they have to be presented to girls, not to be mixed with cow`s bladder to heal your bruises. Flower beds, flower pots, wreaths and other pretty stuff.

2. Making incenses. For priests. For more favor? Spell chance bonus? Faster faith gain? Light up your thuribles! Whatever the bonus, priests would love those and would be waiting harvests like Christmas!  

3. More alchemy. Healing tea maybe, or potions, or alternative dye ingedients. Yay for more diverse alchemy! 

Because I don`t need to wait months to gain lvl 1 healing cover with 0,05 weight I`d rather hunt poor things for them.  

Edited by Ravenhost

That would be awesome! New types of food ( other than "meal" ), incense would be cool. use 1 rose + 10kg water to make rosewater instead of regular water to make a ql boost for cakes/baked goods?  Use 2 or 3 for a "bouquet" to give your sweetheart?

Look into liquor/beer with grains or fruit instead of just wine. Tea would be nice... New use for rice: Sushi. Rice + raw fish filet or a veggie.

Yeah, looks like fruit trees might have more uses as well. Making wine, spirit, beer, vinegar and stuff for cooking, fuel and alchemy.

Edited by Ravenhost

+1! I love growing the various shrubs, but they aren't that useful.  Also I'd just like to see a way to propagate (non-shrub) flowers. Put them in a pot, water them and in a certain number of days you have a chance to get a bouquet of that flower to plant, based on gardening skill. 

Edited by NeeNee