Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Dueling rings

Does anyone know what is required to make dueling rings work?

I need to make two of them, one for each template kingdom. I know I can create the item using the ebony wand. Not sure how to set the size of the ring, what kingdom it's for and anything else that needs to be set.

Anyone have any information for me. Searched the forums and wiki without success.

I'm not sure they were ever actually used live, and only limited testing.

The situation for which they were created in response to ended up resolving itself just after the rings were added.

So they may not even function properly in gameplay, let alone trying to create one.

I saw them installed once on new Epic elevation although I have no idea if they were ever used in game.

On 2/11/2016 at 3:29 PM, Klaa said:

I'm not sure they were ever actually used live, and only limited testing.

The situation for which they were created in response to ended up resolving itself just after the rings were added.

So they may not even function properly in gameplay, let alone trying to create one.

They were used, but it ended up resolving itself because it literally takes many RL months to actually get the thing to do its job.

9 hours ago, Propheteer said:

They were used, but it ended up resolving itself because it literally takes many RL months to actually get the thing to do its job.

For the situation with the then-king of BL? Recall him abdicating just before they went live.

Otherwise I'm not aware of anyone completing the ritual challenges. As mentioned it takes a while.

No, only ring of life and amulet of glory work beyond level 20. And even they stop at 30.

place the ring center with the ebony wand, set its aux data to 1 for JK, 2 for MR, 3 for BL, and 4 for freedom (if you have a freedom ruler). I may have got MR and BL mixed up. After you set the data push it or restart server and examine it, it will tell you the kingdom it belongs to.

The size is hard coded and after restart the Ring corner stones will show. If you need to move it afterwards you will need to remove the corner stones manually.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ausimus said:

place the ring center with the ebony wand, set its aux data to 1 for JK, 2 for MR, 3 for BL, and 4 for freedom (if you have a freedom ruler). I may have got MR and BL mixed up. After you set the data push it or restart server and examine it, it will tell you the kingdom it belongs to.

The size is hard coded and after restart the Ring corner stones will show. If you need to move it afterwards you will need to remove the corner stones manually.

Thank-you greatly - I will give this a try. Any chance you know the tricks for properly setting up battle camps too?

Place the camp, name it something you will recognize, create focus zone for the area name it to match what you want the battlecamp name to be, 50x50 in size. Shut down the server open the wurmitems.db and search for the battlecamp by the name that you called it, change "Battlecamp" in the NAME column to whatever you want and remove the misc name you gave it in the DESCRIPTION column and commit the changes. start the server and conquer the battlecamp. It should say that the battlecamp with chosen name is being conquered.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 1

Reviewed the database and found the items to change. Why is the focus zone needed in this case?

Currently the battle camps only seem to spawn one set of 5 guards at the point in time when the tower is converted to the new kingdom. Is this expected behaviour?

Also the battle camp looks like an archery tower. I am guessing there are options to change that as well?

Thanks again for all the help!

Yea that's the way they work, the focus zone is optional to match Wurm online mechanics, and isn't needed, just a pointer that you enter the area. I don't believe the models can be changed, change the aux data around and push the tower each change to see if anything happens.

Edited by ausimus