Sign in to follow this  
Enuf

Sermon Guide?

Can anyone write a bit of a better overview on sermons for me quickly?

Like best way to run them, what to have onsite etc. How many people? Can they follow multiple gods or all have  to be the same?

Do people take it in turns to preach?

the most important thing is having 7 people who are premium and have not had an alignment gain in the last 30 mins and are not mounted on a cart and are within 4 tiles of each other

things that give alignment gains are listed here http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Alignment

so every 30 minutes someone can sermon , so make list, set timers and go

they can follow multiple gods so have all the altars there ,

keep in mind the 4 tiles distance when setting up altars, theres a setup somewhere posted where you dont pile a bunch of people on one tile. more than 3 people on a tile and people/animals get sick i think

you bet...

Prechers and listeners can be followers of any god.

Preachers get a 3hr cooldown after preaching and everyone listening gets a tick to their alignment. (more on this in a sec...)

To be a valid listener:

- you must be prem

- you must follow a god

- you must not have had a tick to your alignment within the last 30 min.  Even when you are already at 100 and get a tick, it counts and needs cooldown.

- you must be within 4 tiles of the preacher.  Assume preacher is on tile 0.  listeners can be on 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 (tile) and qualify.  Tile 5 is out of range.

For a preacher to gain faith from preaching, you need at least 5 (or is it 6?) valid listeners.

Because of the 30 min alignment cooldown, sermons should fire off every 30 min, but never less than 30 since the previous.

You need an altar of each god that the preachers are following, but it doesn't matter for listeners.

Every time a priest preaches, his max prayers for the day gets reset and he can pray another 5 times (every 20 min) for faith ticks.

Preachers get .02 faith for every valid listener.  50 listeners would give a whopping 1.0 faith from a sermon.

Nice to have... Forges, looms, fry pans, FSB of food stuff, Water barrels, BSB of wood stuff for lighting forges.  All the stuff so listeners can craft, eat, drink and keep them there 24/7 if possible :)

If you have many alts, make super low graphics profiles for them and resize their windows down to the size of a matchbook.  Snuff all but 1 light to reduce load.  Try not to carry a bunch of items on the characters, to reduce load.  Possibly make the sermon room inside a mine to reduce load, but that is just a theory for now.

I hope this helps!

Oh, use the "Timers" feature of Wurm Assistant to make life easy.

Minimum is 4 listeners (5 characters totally) to get faith gain of 0.08.

1 hour ago, sandyar said:

Minimum is 4 listeners (5 characters totally) to get faith gain of 0.08.

Correct. but just to avoid some possible confusion. 4 Listeners will give you a faith click but do not reset the prayer cool down.

a minimum of 6 listeners is required to reset the prayer cool down.

Also if you have a mix of BL & WL priests they can run on their own schedule. When a BL priest sermon all his listeners gets a reduction in their alignment

but this does not affect the WL listeners 30 alignment increase cool down requirement to count as a listener for the WL Priest.

Another thing that has not been mentioned is that although you need a altar of your own god to pray you can sermon at any alter of any god.

(I am not sure it works for a WL priest on a BL altar. Never tried it.)

So you can have your altars spread over the listening area to prevent crowding/diseases an have a altar in the center where the priest whose turn it is can sermon from.

Only problem with that is a bit of discipline from the preaching priest to go to the center altar. but they learn fast if they do not get the max faith tick :)

Decided to give a visual layout of my last group.  This layout allows for 36 total characters, all having access to an altar for prayers.  16 inner tiles (4x4) can all have preachers and the outer most ring of 20 tiles can only have listeners.  No shared tiles = no disease (generally).  Nobody has to move.  Awesome for running a lot of alts in the background, while you work on your main.

hg6LBS3.jpg

• Like 2

What kind of channeling/SD is needed for 80+ casts. 

I know it's a bit random, but at what point do they become more common?

I'm a Fo, mainly looking for LT casts and courier. 

And do rares shatter? (i've not been a priest for a very very long time!)

Edited by Enuf

41 minutes ago, Enuf said:

What kind of channeling/SD is needed for 80+ casts. 

I know it's a bit random, but at what point do they become more common?

I'm a Fo, mainly looking for LT casts and courier. 

And do rares shatter? (i've not been a priest for a very very long time!)

Soul Depth does not affect power of cast. it is alignment + Faith Bonus + Channeling.

80+ is common with 90+ channeling.

With 90 channel i average over 70 with a cast with no faith bonus.