Sign in to follow this  
Lichbane

Britannia Reborn - PvE, 16k

On 2/27/2016 at 7:50 AM, Zsolaith said:

Quick question.  How did you convert the World Machine world of yours into Wurm Unlimited?

The "Height Output" node can produce 16bit greyscale png files.  I imported that into Eitr's version of WGenerator and went from there.

I'll be doing a server reset in the middle of the week to:

* Change the Deed Mod settings removing the tile limit;

* Having another attempt to fix the sprout issue;

* Add the "free mail" mod. 

FYI, the server crashed last night.  I've put a question up about it in the server issues forum.  

On the plus side, I put in the fix to stop crops rotting.

Edited by Lichbane

The lore and geography sections of the website have been updated to cover recent events.  Lots of new buildings and settlements going up.  The new work is very impressive! :)

Edited by Lichbane
  • Like 1

i like the pic on the about page :P totally me and drayka exploring in alpha

About that "Duplicate Authentication" issue preventing me from playing:

I woke up yesterday to snow on the ground... Whopee! Now maybe I can get past those killer trolls on the way to the light. (Since the Dragon Cave went in.. Vigilant killer trolls follow you for 20 minutes till you get stuck and they kill you)

After outfitting up I set out. When I swam the river leading my horse it wold not let me "ride" on the other side. Recalling the Lag Monster that had earlier warped my horse back from the forge into the mine, I tried what had worked then.

I logged out so the game could reinitialize my horse. BAD MISTAKE. I will now not let me back in with snotty comments like "No Soup for YOU" <Duplicate Authentication error>

After hours of online research I am being told that there is no hope to resolve this until there is a server reset

Tell me we will have a Reset soon, before those damn trolls populate the entire east of the river.. I NEED my priest skills :)

Thanks for listening.

5 hours ago, Oldmoss said:

About that "Duplicate Authentication" issue preventing me from playing

Thanks for the heads up.  The server is rebooting now.  

Note that the Lag Monster will be rampaging and angry for at least an hour as he doesn't like the sound of 600k creatures yawning and waking up after the server reboot gives them a short sleep.

Priestly advancement will be easier after the reboot though.  I've put introduced Mediation Mod, albeit with some tweaked values.

Not sure if it helps but I popped on to check the server out. (New character)

Was on for an hour or so fine. As soon as I decided to ride a cow I found, I got booted and couldn't log back in due to the "Duplicate Authentication" issue.

5 hours ago, Faetyl said:

Not sure if it helps but I popped on to check the server out. (New character)

Was on for an hour or so fine. As soon as I decided to ride a cow I found, I got booted and couldn't log back in due to the "Duplicate Authentication" issue.

I'll need to reboot the server again.  

It's been a while since I've posted an update so I've put  up a "State of the Realm" at http://britannia-wu.weebly.com/news.  Hopefully this should address any comments, issues and concerns that have been raised over the last month or so. :)

Edited by Lichbane

Thanks for this server. The map and the server overall has been awesome so far. Well done :)

I just got Wurm Unlimited and am considering just playing offline but I am considering joining your server because I think the UO world would be amazing in Wurm.  I see you're in Australia, would this be an issue with someone in Michigan, USA.  Quite a distance and not sure if you have other NA players that could talk about ping and the such.  I have no wants to pvp that is why I am intrigued by your server as well as the awesome map.

Edited by Itsbiggs

I'm East Coast, Connecticut

Ping is between 250-320 all the time. That's not a problem.

You will find some server 'freezes' from time to time, say two or three times a night, for 1/2 to 1 min. That assumes you are on for 4-6 hours like myself.

You will see a noticeable pauses as the menus refresh, 1 to 3 seconds.

Lichbane is working on learning about the .ini settings and has reportedly dropped creatures from 600k to a lower number to help with startup lag.

That's the bad.

The good is even better.

I have NEVER seen any map that actually had navigable rivers, dry river beds, ancient decayed roads and SOIL EROSION off of hilly terrain.

The terrain in general is great!

Northern trees are......in the NORTH and Southern type trees are to...you guessed it, the south. What a NOVEL concept!

He has been trying the same thing with creatures, don't know how well that is working.

Plenty of room for hundreds of deeds and NO NEED TO HAVE THEN NEXT DOOR!

I'll stay around, for sure.

oh crap... i have the duplicate error thing now...so sad...need to wait for reset!! Is there any way to avoid that on my side?

Here in europe the ping seems to be typically 380 ... 480 for this server, at the very slow end of available serves. Fast WU servers ping under 50.

should i find way to go older version in WU or should i wait server gets updated, does it take long usually?

i learned how to go backwards in updates but server is down atm. will inform when its back up

We're up an running again.  It seems that whenever Steam autoupdates, it very occasionally takes the server down with it.

Edited by Lichbane

Here is how you get earlier version of WU! Right click Wurm unlimited in steam library -> properties -> betas -> and choose previous version and then go library if it doesnt start automatically put it to previous version you can go manage downloads and start it there. If next time your steam updates game and you still want to play in this server while the server is still previous version.

Check now.  I suspect it's the usual restart issues.  I just noticed at least one person on.

399 ping rate from the UK, I guess I won't be playing here then. Pity I like a fast action speed but I'd suggest the skill rate is reduced to about 2x or so at most, coupled with fast action, 3x is probably a bit too high. Either that, or reduce the action timer to around 5x which is plenty fast enough, 10x means a lot of insta-actions like cutting down a tree and chopping it all into logs before the trunk has even hit the ground.

The mods are a great addition, I'm sick of planting fields of cotton, only to get back online after 4 days of working 12 hour shifts, (don't get any time to play during my 4 days on), to find only weeds, (some of us have to work for a living).

Also bulk storage transfer limits are a PITA, good to see someone else agrees with me.

Sadly, the ping rate lets it down, Or I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Edited by Tryst