Sign in to follow this  
Valdr787

Wurm not working

I put linux on my computer, first time linux user. Got Java to work or so I thought. Booted up Wurm was laggy closed and restarted on computer. Booted Wurm back up got a screen off half weird pixels and half black tryed closing out of wurm did but i still have a program icon and still have in-game sound. how do I get wurm to close and get rid of the game sound? Also I’m not computer savy just saying.

Open a terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal or whatever ) and be prepared to do some typing,

ps -ef|grep -i java | grep -i wurm

This will list any java wurm processes, if you started the client once there should be one.

first field is your user name, the second is a number which is the process id for the running game, ignore the rest

then type

kill -9  NNNN

where NNNN is that number mentioned above. This will stop java and the game sounds should end.

Find out what kind of lag first, there are many types

is it a poor network connection?  Low memory with large swap space, low spec gfx card or poor drivers. it could be something else entirely.

Use something like speedtest.net to check your internet connection speed, post your console.log file from your last game session, it has quite a bit of relevant info.