Sign in to follow this  
Tux

Personal Server broken

Second time this has happened. The first time I ended up re-installing the game. Now I cant because I have multiple weeks invested.

I did ipconfig /all

put in the IP for Advance Server Settings (tab) -> Server Internal IP Address

still crashes. is there a different 'Server Internal IP Port' that I should be using? Wurm Wiki does not have information for this issue.

please help.

I use this as a personal server only. My IP changes because its Dynamic IP address

Edited by Tux

On the server screen there are actually two points where the server address is set.

The first is in the Server Settings and is called Server External IP Address

The second is in the Advanced Server settings and is called Server Internal IP Address.

set both of those to the same address as your PCs current internal ip address which should be something like 192.168.*.* and see how that goes.

If it still fails to work go to the log directory and attach the log file that you find in there and we can see what is going on.

I had a problem with starting my server because it was unable to bind using the External IP address because I had the port blocked externally but not internally.

1 hour ago, Jimoc said:

On the server screen there are actually two points where the server address is set.

The first is in the Server Settings and is called Server External IP Address

The second is in the Advanced Server settings and is called Server Internal IP Address.

set both of those to the same address as your PCs current internal ip address which should be something like 192.168.*.* and see how that goes.

If it still fails to work go to the log directory and attach the log file that you find in there and we can see what is going on.

I had a problem with starting my server because it was unable to bind using the External IP address because I had the port blocked externally but not internally.

Thanks I will try that tonight.

do I need to change the port number as when a dynamic IP changes (assuming that a dynamic IP change is in fact my root issue)

The above information has solved my issue: 

For others here is a detailed breakdown (For Windows).

1. go to Windows icon and in the search bar type in CMD

2. This should bring up a dos like console window

3. type in Ipconfig /all 

4. find an IP that should say (preferred) next to it which for me is the 'IPV4 Address'

5. Open up the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server app which is likely on your desktop

6. go to 'Local Server' Tab

7. within the 'Local Server' Table find the '1. Server Settings' 

8. within that section of '1. Server Settings' find 'Server External IP Address and put in the address from step 4

9. Go to the next section labeled '2. Advance Server Settings' put in the same address from step 4 into 'Server Internal IP Address'

I think that is it. now if ones system is having other issues and or other things need to be set clearly such items are not listed here.