Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Remove server status from main page on website

"Server Status: All Servers are currently online."

I've never seen this say anything else, even when the server I play on is down or unreachable, or nobody can reach the login servers. Why have it, then?

Maybe just fix it instead of removing, but yea, i've never seen it work too.

Agreed. One or the other. I went to the site yesterday and saw "All servers online!", but there were a half dozen forum posts about Xanadu being locked & disconnecting everyone.

No need to remove it, as zigozag said, it needs fixed/upgraded.  When all servers are down it does tell you that, it just does not seem to be made to tell you of individual servers properly.  As to yesterday and Xanadu, the server was online but locked up, which the status meter also has no way to know or notify us about.  Why are some people so set on throwing away things that don't work right instead of fixing them?

Edited by Vroomfondel

I'd much rather see it updated so it shows what's actually going on. It's just kind of frustrating when you go to login & get a connection error. Then, when you go to the website, both the message at the top of the screen & their "server status" page both show the server as up & populated... so you go to the forums & people are complaining that they can't connect.

That kind of makes the server status page & message pretty unreliable. It would be better to fix it, but in the meantime, they may want to remove it just so people actually pay attention to it once it's fixed. 

If they want new players & people to stay, not having a feature is better than having one that does not work. :)

36 minutes ago, zethreal said:

If they want new players & people to stay, not having a feature is better than having one that does not work. :)

Did we really just get to the point where an errant server message equals players leaving Wurm? lol  Come on now...

22 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Did we really just get to the point where an errant server message equals players leaving Wurm? lol  Come on now...

No. That was meant as a generalized statement about how it's better to not have something than have something that doesn't work. I'm pretty sure that the server uptime message has absolutely no part in people leaving ( or not joining ) Wurm. 

27 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Nah, but it does look very unprofessional, and that sort of thing definitely contributes to players staying or leaving.

Obviously, I'd rather have the server status message work properly rather than be removed entirely; my original post was a bit sensationalistic on purpose. Either way, it should work or just shouldn't be there; there's no point in a server status indicator you can't actually rely on.