Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Good Bye Wurm Online

Where do I start with this? Ahh, has it really been ten years? I guess so.

For ten years this game has held my attention, ever since my discovery through a small little thread on a then small little forum called Facepunch, July 21st 2006, I remember that day fondly. I created a character named Hunter, picked up every slab and shield I could find in attempts to trade them into the merchants for coin. I journeyed the lands, died many times before creating the alt Huntar (Which later became my main for years to come) only to end up at the very first Facepunch village (A name that escapes me), there I spent a single night before my tools had gone and disappeared, thieved out from under my own home by the individuals I had thought to have trusted. There, I thought my adventures had ended, I quit only a week after starting, a single night after finding my own to settle down in, after my own tools and single precious emerald had been taken, I was young and naive.

But it didn't end there, I came back some weeks later, August 16th, the land that had previously been claimed in the name of Facepunch had been rotted and fallen to shambles, like many previous and soon to be structures, they had decayed away. 

I ventured away from the ruins, came upon Whosville, sat in at the token for some hours before deciding Horton's life wasn't for me. Wandered ways and ways around before coming upon Hammerfell, ahhh Hammerfell. Krelos and more names which I don't entirely remember. I lived outside for a good time, three months I think? From October till January, only until after an altercation with one of the members, Leve'Dara, was I promptly kicked. Accused of taking items from a recently fallen deed, (Which I did infact take.) at that time it was greatly looked down upon, and the fact the villagers were in an alliance with us didn't make it any better. But their deed no longer had the attention of their own villagers, nobody to care for it. The words that I had come to live by in this game eventually came to me, if you care for it, you'll never lose it. (Unless some exploity things happen that you are in no control over)

I moved away from Hammerfell, outcast from their community, before ending up at a small, quaint little deed named Cliffside, ran by the still known, Gavin. He kindly let me live amongst his villagers, in a nice little 2x3 home, what a luxury that was since I only ever had previously lived in a 2x2. I hung around for a week or two, before one of the most unexpected events in Wurm history had finally peered its cataclysmic eyes around the corner. The Wurmpocalypse. It took a good month or two before the servers came up again, May 18th I think it was? Not really sure anymore. Whatever the case, I remember that huge rush for land, people scattering all around, ganging up on spiders with planks and shafts as weapons. What a day to remember, a new beginning.

And then I promptly went inactive for two more months, only to come back for my immediate invite into the village of Valhalla, for there I lived for say, four months I think. Least until December, where I left Wild and headed on over to live on good ol' home server. There were many moments of inactivity between my time there and until Deliverance, always briefly on for say a week or two, walking around and adventuring, picking loot from decayed homes and deeds. I did this for a time, I was quite naive with it too, little did I understand any of the mechanics but the loot game was invigorating, it was the one thing that somehow kept my interest in the game for years and years to come. 

And then home server was shut down, the rush to the portals, to escape the falling world behind, to begin anew in the land of Independence. Only to discover my main character would be prem-locked on Indy and the only way I could continue playing would be through making a new character on Golden Valley. Which I so angrily did (Curse you Rolf). So spawned Genocide (I was an edgy 16-17 year old), and many more journeys to come. From building my own settlement, to making that initial rush to the new lands of Deliverance on a boat with whom would be my settlement partner, Beelzeboss. For a day we journeyed into Deliverance, only to find ourselves lost in an somewhat endless olive forest, void of all visibility, many son of a trolls were cursed as we found ourselves stranded, only to soon come to the conclusion of settling into the land lush with invasive timber.

From there we dug, mined, built homes for ourselves, only for both of us to suddenly lose contact with each other, never to see one another again.

And from there, I continued my duties, cursing the forest of endless olives, of which I eventually sought a rather successful, forceful revenge on. I built homes, roads, and founded the deed, Echelon, twas a quaint town, now even more-so. I kept the land around safe, tidy, various moments of inactivity occurred, a year or two passed without my visitation to the game again, until, after that long period, I made my presence once more, building up Echelon larger that it ever was, larger than I ever thought it could be. Larger than I ever thought I could do alone. And I became quite proud of it.

I got crazy with decorating, made the whole place look like a place I'd actually want to live in, immersive, quiet, cozy. I loved it, I don't regret any moment I spent building it up, the silver I spent on HOTA statues or the various decorations around (Many of which were pilfered from long forgotten deeds, fallen structures, etc.) This became something that I had, in my beginnings of Wurm, been something I had wanted to achieve. To create a wonder, something pleasant for the eyes and a cozy get-away to the frequent traveler. Where as most sat and ground skills day in and day out, I built and decorated. Kind of a lousy thing in many peoples eyes, but I loved it, and gained so much enjoyment from it. My efforts kept me exposed to the game, interested for longer than I had ever had been, I made friends. Lots of friends. Enemies, lots of enemies. I met with people I could rely on, people I would, and will never forget. I saw the community for more than it was, more than it was to me back when I first began.

I saw what Wurm was truly about. Community. And that, I will miss. Wurm has such a small, but strong community, despite all of the cries, abandonment, it still retains its strength from that little community it has. I will miss you all. Odynn, Nicrolis, MCM, the tireless crew on Deliverance, many of the Chaos players, Emoo, Demondan, the cocky Macedonians up the north (You know who you are), the strong, loyal to their kingdom Jenn-Kellon players that housed and dealt with me during my time there in both the last year and when the kingdom was first conceived, there are so many MANY individuals to name, throughout those 10 years, names I will never forget, yet names that would entirely fill the rest of this post up.

Thank you, for the most unique experience in an MMO I have ever had.

Thank you.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 13

Oh huntar my trolling rival. Why leave. nononono

Just now, Hashirama said:

Good luck, and take care.

Despite our differences, I sure hope you find yourself cozy where you're at, I claimed to have disliked you much in the past but honestly, I have quite a lot of respect for someone who doesn't give up.

Efforts may have been in vain, but you fought something you knew you couldn't win, and you did it over and over. Fight on mang.

• Like 3

no worries, i'll loot Echelon in time

stay safe!

• Like 1

Just now, KaiH said:

no worries, i'll loot Echelon in time

stay safe!

Hah, selling all I have in the coming weeks or so, what I'm not selling, I will be gifting, which reminds me.

Send me a message on here next you pop ingame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samusen said:

RIP good luck little buddy.  See you in gw2 nerd ^_^

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just now, OceanRefuge said:

i will buy your toon whatcha need for it 

Sorry, not selling the toon, or the items on it. The name means more to me though, as it was, and will be, my identity in the game.

1 minute ago, Sin said:

You'll come back. They all do.

Would think so, but there's Wurm Unlimited for that temporary Wurm fix.

• Like 1

You didn't make an appropriate video for this, please refrain from trolling your own thread and post an actual legitimate video to legitimize your leaving. Peace out, homie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Huntar said:

I will miss you all. Odynn, Nicrolis, MCM, the tireless crew on Deliverance

Ill miss you too bud D= Sucks to see you leave :-/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huntar said:

Sorry, not selling the toon, or the items on it. The name means more to me though, as it was, and will be, my identity in the game.

Yay so he'll be coming back!
Never got to play with you, but you seemed like an all right guy from the forums. Sad to see another longtime player quitting. 
Best of luck doing whatever you have planned next Huntar. Cheers.

• Like 1

Wow, when did Egard gain access to the Huntar forum account?

hmu on steam if you need my personal ts info again

and i might consider paying your eve sub

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

You will be missed in wurm and you will find your place with us again if you come back. (now you are supposed to come back!).

• Like 1

Sad to see you go and hope to see you pop back in.

Good luck

im actually a kinda sad about this.  even though publicly i pretended to hate them, i always enjoyed your videos.

i feel that it's hard to express, in words, how i feel.

Edited by Naio
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Naio said:

im actually a kinda sad about this.  even though publicly i pretended to hate them, i always enjoyed your videos.

i feel that it's hard to express, in words, how i feel.

I ain't done with videos, still got my boi proph to back up when he bullied in the hallways man

watch out

• Like 1

Great video. Beautiful deed. Good luck with your future plans.