Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Remote Management for Locked bsbs/chests/coffers

We are able to manage from anywhere on the server boats, carts (large/small), wagons, animals, gates, mine doors, buildings and even individual doors. Which has been a pretty amazing feature of the permissions system.

We should also be able to remotely manage the chests, coffers, bsbs and anything else we can put a name on, lock and use permissions to manage.

It is not to bad on the small servers, but on the large servers such as xanadu, chaos, indy this is a big inconvenience when you need to give someone access to something locked up that you are not even close to.

edit;

To simplify matters, since some people may be using 100s of bsb's/chests for storage, only have containers that have a lock added listed in the manage list.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 3

The only bad thing about this is I have about 50 bsbs. That could be a minor menu nightmare. Add to it a toggle (if that is possible) to set a storage item as remote managed and it would be really nice. Not giving it a -1. I'm just thinking of my storage room. :lol:

Just now, Audrel said:

The only bad thing about this is I have about 50 bsbs. That could be a minor menu nightmare. Add to it a toggle (if that is possible) to set a storage item as remote managed and it would be really nice. Not giving it a -1. I'm just thinking of my storage room. :lol:

I have over 70 small carts alone (100+ with large carts and wagons), do you put a lock on every single one of your bsb's?

If you take the time to name your storage items I don't see it as that much of a nightmare, sure you got a list, sort it alphabetically.

Ah, I see carts that don't have locks (of which I have way too many of but not like you haha). I thought a bsb would maybe do the same.

No, I don't have any locked. The house is locked on a deed with a year upkeep that is surrounded by locked fences. If unlocked ones didn't show up, that would be great too. They are named properly or I would never find anything.

Yeah I thought about that, so added that only containers that have a lock added should be showing up in the permissions list.

• Like 1

+1

If almost all can be managed remotely, this should be too. Common sense.