Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #5 Good Neigh-bours

I'm sure the trolls in the PvE camp will be loving the insanity that's going to be caused to PvP by the "embarking" thing being "fixed". That ###### came out of left field for sure.

• Like 1

Very exciting news! Great job on the horses Malena :)

I usually try and check the forums before logging on in game, but today had the nice surprise of finding on the client log in.

• Like 2

yay lead/embark

yay piebald paint

I use client launcher news to get to forums

• Like 1

I like my news

1. Forums

2. Game client

3. Local billboard

4. Creepy neighbor

5. Visiting pirates

6. Back of recipe book

7. My own tombstone

8. Billboard in hell

9. Social media (that isn't reddit)

• Like 3

How will the .wom format affect moddability? Especially considering that this horse update only happened because of player-made artwork, I hope that we can still edit the art files without going through gatekeepers at Code Club.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Where do you like to get your Wurm news from, social media (Facebook/Twitter), the forums, or ingame?

Both the forums and in game.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This weeks screenshot is a a throwback to the old "Good Idea/Bad Idea" from Animaniacs (I loved that show), again by NESgamepro (Does he play the game or just make weird art for it?) We'd love to see your "Good Idea Bad Idea"s for Wurm too!

I have enough weirdness to do both and I'd love to see other people's idea's too. if you have an idea but no image editing skills send me a forum pm with the pics and what to say, it will only take me 5 minutes to whip up.

• Like 1

News on forums and game launcher. I don't bother with facebook and twitter.

Forum and launcher.

I try to avoid FB and I don't use twitter.

Nice to see new things, but why fix not more bugs are many years old and we have all months more?

• Like 1

I really need to know, are the new Horses in WU too?

Im not using this Patch atm.

Very positive , very upbeat news letter chock full of yummies and fun stuffs.  The eye candy of the new horses are great and I especially like change to not break lead when mounting.  Super job and a big thanks.

• Like 1

I read the news in the launcher, sometimes on the forums and never on any kind of social media.

Good to see that there's a structure and planning behind new additions nowadays and not just random new things thrown in whenever. Good job!

Ugh the "artwork"... Hard to laugh at something that happens so often when sailing

Please revert it back so that when you embark a horse it stops leading all your previous ones.

21 minutes ago, Stik said:

Please revert it back so that when you embark a horse it stops leading all your previous ones.

Why on earth for? It is a great feature, and there is a work around to stop leading multiple animals at the same time.

I am sure there is no problem for this feature on the PvP side either, unless you got into a situation not knowing about the change in the first place, hence patch notes are nice to have.

But not even being on a PvP server you may not even realize the pros/cons to this feature.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Why on earth for? It is a great feature, and there is a work around to stop leading multiple animals at the same time.

I would agree that it's a great feature if it wasn't for the fact that it would make the meta in PvP revolve around something like 2/3 barded horses, a normal backup horse, and your main horse. A PvE player PM'd me earlier asking me about this, and I left the conversation feeling like they felt the same way I did about the change, but I didn't actually ask.

I guess, the other side of things, the extreme mobility it provides might give extra incentive to roam. Who knows. Might not be all bad I guess

• Like 1

Backup horses are nothing new, and the CR nerf for leading multiple horses still exists. If you're willing to take that penalty for a few extra seconds of mounted time on a barely-mobile horse, I'll gladly start polishing my halberd. Maybe we should adapt rather than falling into the same old PvP vs PvE pit that accomplishes nothing? This is a good QoL update that should have happened a long time ago.

• Like 7

Great to see that Malena's horses have finally been added to the game! Excellent work there lady! Not breaking lead on embarking is nice too.

I see I am like many that have no interest in FB or Twits, so news I find best reviewed on the forums with the launcher drawing attention to it as well. Not sure why you just don't continue to use all 4 venues though for those that like F/T too. Maybe just a survey about it I guess...

=Ayes=

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CubeManV2 said:

so now i can lead 3 horses into pvp and keep embarking over and over everytime im dismounted. Thanks

between this update and your model conversion failure. I feel like it's still 2008 when it comes to the thought put out in updates.

except for the CR nerf for any creature being lead past 1....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tipper said:

I like my news

1. Forums

2. Game client

3. Local billboard

4. Creepy neighbor

5. Visiting pirates

6. Back of recipe book

7. My own tombstone

8. Billboard in hell

9. Social media (that isn't reddit)

Where does Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert fit in there?

Santa's knarr was awesome... when it worked.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Malena said:

Yayyyyyyyyyy! *beams and beams and beams*

Oh yeah and SO happy about embarking not losing the leads anymore. THANK YOU! 

And where do I prefer getting my news? Primarily from the login screen - it feels like Christmas to start up the game and see that big juicy new graphic!

I'm so happy for you Malena.  You're a hero!

Edited by Proximo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stik said:

Can someone ban this guy please?  Seriously...wtf!

• Like 1

Horses:

Hope those awesome horses get pushed to Wurm Unlimited ^_^  Stylin'! 

News:

No facebook account, never used twitter, big fan of forums!  Would have included launcher in the past but the WU launcher doesn't really say a whole lot.

Leading:

Does the game recognize when a player is in combat?  I could probably get behind having to let go of the horses you're leading while in combat.  I'd say more than just being attacked though, you'd have to actively take combative action.  Should be able to make a run for it while holding on to lead ropes.

I like the update though, if a trail guide were to drop the ropes every time he/she got on a horse, they'd be guiding no one in no time :lol:

I like to get my Wurm news right here, in the weekly updates. Fridays are always fun after work, when I finally get a moment to sit down in front of a computer and can stream the Wurm Weekly News intravenously into my veins. These updates are fantastic. And adding the week's patch notes to them was an excellent idea, as it puts everything neatly in one place.

And Malena - great work on the horses! Woot!

• Like 2

On 2/5/2016 at 0:40 PM, CubeManV2 said:

so now i can lead 3 horses into pvp and keep embarking over and over everytime im dismounted. Thanks

between this update and your model conversion failure. I feel like it's still 2008 when it comes to the thought put out in updates.

Yeah cuz the vast majority of people play pvp. LMAO. This is a long needed fix. Thanks.

Get all me news from forum.

The vast majority of the PVP players enjoy the disembark/lead-update too. It's just some foolish has-beens who think this will create "many horses"-meta. It will not.