Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #5 Good Neigh-bours

header.png

Another busy week in the world of Wurm, with most of the focus being on the movement fixes. We made the decision to avoid adding in updates that could compound the issue, allowing us to spend as much time as possible on the tweaking of the system. The majority of issues have been resolved server side, but if you continue to experience these issues, please post on the forums and share all information you can.

We also decided that the graphics update would delayed slightly to avoid issues with the multiple restarts. With the majority of the movement issues resolved the new graphics pack with .wom models has now gone live, so expect your next update to be a little longer, and plan accordingly.

Patch notes:

Wurm Unlimited

Spoiler

Fixes & Changes

Fixes for both beta and live

Client - Server version checking.

Added filter to remove servers running a different version then the client from the list.

From Beta to live

Most models in the graphics.jar have been converted to our own format. If you see models with incorrect UV/textures please let us know.

Fix so that when a fire place runs out of fuel the flames vanish.

Allow flags and banners to just show their description.

Fix so that items that will be created on ground don't check for parent container size before being placed on ground.

Fix so that action sounds can start playing earlier for a lot of actions.

Removed the low nutrition penalty.

Preventing players from unloading catapults if the unloaded item weighs too much.

Added default terraforming action and keybind.

Planted items off deed will now unplant if they go over 70 damage or under 10 quality.

A banner for Wurm Online was added to the launcher.

Everybody needs good Neigh-bours!

That's right! Long discussed, long anticipated, and slightly leaked, the beautiful new horse types designed by our very own Wurmian Malena are live! You will see Blood bays, Jet blacks, and Piebald pintos as foals and spawning in the wild on super rare chances. I personally cannot wait for my next mount, I think ill go Jet black... or maybe blood bay.... or maybe piebald pinto....

Spoiler

horses.jpg

Lead the way! And other things.

Despite the majority of updates and features being placed on hold this week, one or two did sneak in. A big change is removing the loss of leading when embarking on a mount, or on a vehicle as the captain. No longer will embarking cause those bison to scatter, or sailing around trying to line up those horses in the sea! There was also an update that went live with the client that allows you to deselect something in a window by double clicking on empty space within the same window, this removes the blue highlight bar, but keeps any activated items.

The plan!

I know things have been quiet since our plan for a plan post and the following Q&A, but rest assured, work continues! A lot of the items in the list are very delicate, or expansive changes and additions, so it's important that we discuss as much of it as possible between us, before presenting the fleshed out information to you all. Work progresses steadily, and I know that while not much has come out as of now, there is plenty to come in the next month or two.

Weekly Question

Where do you like to get your Wurm news from, social media (Facebook/Twitter), the forums, or ingame?

Weekly artwork!

This weeks screenshot is a a throwback to the old "Good Idea/Bad Idea" from Animaniacs (I loved that show), again by NESgamepro (Does he play the game or just make weird art for it?) We'd love to see your "Good Idea Bad Idea"s for Wurm too!

screenshot.jpg

That's it for this week folks, I hope you all enjoy the beautiful weather, find your favourite new horse colour, and as always, keep on Wurming!

- Retrograde and the Wurm team

• Like 25

so now i can lead 3 horses into pvp and keep embarking over and over everytime im dismounted. Thanks

between this update and your model conversion failure. I feel like it's still 2008 when it comes to the thought put out in updates.

Edited by CubeManV2
  • Like 1

Where do you like to get your Wurm news from, social media (Facebook/Twitter), the forums, or ingame?

All of the above! :D Love the new horse models, have all my stables rockin' today at a chance of one of my own :wub: And the fact I now won't spend time trying to re-catch all my critters after an embark is FABulous! Awesome news update!!

• Like 9

Is it a cow? is it a horse? Even better, it's a cow horse! Much love for the new black/white horse model!

• Like 2

Where do you like to get your Wurm news from

Forums and Wurm-Client-Launcher

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 4

I prefer news from the forums!  That being said, great update with the horses guys, keep the good times rolling!

• Like 2

I read the news from the forum - thanks for the new horses and for the lead change (from PVE perspective)

Forums pls

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Forums only. Nice work on the horses all the way around. You guys are on a roll.:)

• Like 1

Where I like to get my information is often lagging behind the discussions and decisions. IRC wasn't on that list but IRC is where a lot of deals are made. Please move them to the forums so we can use those. I don't want to nor do I feel the need to run all over the internet looking for posts. It's annoying.

Good work on the horses, Malena!

• Like 4

I prefer the news on the forum also as i don't like facebook.

Great update,love the new horses and stuff!!

• Like 2

Heck yes for leading while embarking!!!!!!!!!  (sorry pvp folks, but I absolutely hate the lead break on embark.  Now I guess it is your turn to suffer a little, so PvE can have a horribly annoying issue resolved.)

Horses look fantastic!

• Like 3

As I dont use FB / Twitter so my best source of info is game launcher :)

• Like 1

Yayyyyyyyyyy! *beams and beams and beams*

Oh yeah and SO happy about embarking not losing the leads anymore. THANK YOU! 

And where do I prefer getting my news? Primarily from the login screen - it feels like Christmas to start up the game and see that big juicy new graphic!

• Like 10

Client patch-notes in the client

1 hour ago, Aniceset said:

I see the Forum as priority 1 for news.

Asking the question where people get their news from in a news post on the forums is likely to result in a heavy bias towards forums as an answer ;)

As it happens, I tend to read the news on the forums but by clicking through via the game launcher.

• Like 1

As a man with 89.###### in Animal husbandry, I am really looking forward to seeing these new critter colors!  I see they have a super rare chance in the wild, how rare is the chance through breeding of the 'old' colors?

Also, I get my news through the forums, almost equally from the client start up, and just surfing the forums.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

forums is great, but the client/launcher is even better!