DevBlog

R2768 – Model format update

37 posts in this topic

I have to say that my loading time and FPS have improved as well, but I also don't really go very far at the moment. I lack the time to move myself and my junk from my current position.

I mean the second I step off deed on Chaos, it's going to be the "Hunt of the Developer". :P 

For the record, I drop horrible loot.

Anyway, to help figure out what's going on - if you're having issues please note them here: 

So does this mean that the community would need to create their own exporter/importer for the WOM format

You should not need to create your own exporter, I intend to add it to the WU package later, just need to see if I can build and test the 32 bit versions. 
Only time you would need to create your own is if your workflow is such that it results in a file that the exporter don't support, and refuse to change your ways. 

The exporter can handle fbx and dae files of the same version that we used in the game (most of them at least). 

I should probably also remove some of the debug output from the exporter before making it public, if it confuses Saroman then it will probably confuse others as well, and they don't have the luxury of spamming me on skype :P

1 person likes this

Thanks ErikN for sharing the info it puts some of us at ease now knowing there will be a exporter.

DeedPlanner is compatible with all new Wurm models already.

7 hours ago, Warlander said:

DeedPlanner is compatible with all new Wurm models already.

Does it still put your deed underwater?

Just now, zethreal said:

Does it still put your deed underwater?

You have to manually change the height of plan globally, this is intended behavior.

Whoa art patch note...

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, Keenan said:

I have to say that my loading time and FPS have improved as well, but I also don't really go very far at the moment. I lack the time to move myself and my junk from my current position.

I mean the second I step off deed on Chaos, it's going to be the "Hunt of the Developer". :P 

For the record, I drop horrible loot.

Anyway, to help figure out what's going on - if you're having issues please note them here: 

He drops candy, kids... swing harder.

Edited by Klaa

Was playing fine after update today and it just froze and now cant log back in, I have read all the advice here and tried it, but nothing seems to be working.

there was half an hour downtime on Xanadu. that might have been the reason

I personally see my low rez clients (running multiple alts) using much higher CPU/RAM than they used to, after the update.  That and my fans are constantly running to keep laptop cool.  Using the same resources for 4 clients as I was using to run 20 clients on old graphics.