Sign in to follow this  
Netto

Skill Gain Analyzer

I wanted to release an application to the community that I've been working on for the past two days. My problem was that I wanted to assess skill gains on a daily basis to see how well I've been doing, particularly for farming in my case. I concluded that this was best presented in a pivot table format.

URL to access: http://wurmapps.azurewebsites.net/Wurm/SkillGain

How do you use it ?

1. Click on the 'Choose Files' button.  
  2. Navigate to your /players/logs folder of your wurm directory.
  3. Select your _Skills file(s). 1
  4. Click open to select the file

What is this ?

• This is a column based heatmap of the skills on a daily basis. 
  • You can filter by clicking on the V arrow
  • You can move skill/date/gain by dragging them to the top or left sides.
  • You can change from heatmaps over to just a table or bar chart.

1 Skill files are rolled monthly and you can select multiple files.  If the file is not a _Skills file, then you will see an alert saying the file is not supported.

• Like 1

it's nice seeing my skill gains in chainsmithing go from 800+ in a day to 1 or 2 every couple to a few days...

7 hours ago, Yaga said:

Actually I hadn't.  But admittingly I didn't spend a lot of time searching. I just wanted a simple webpage to pivot the data, presented semi-nicely and have it hosted in the cloud.  I was going to add charting to it but haven't worried about that yet. I'm not a web developer but more of a BI dev ;)

9 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

it's nice seeing my skill gains in chainsmithing go from 800+ in a day to 1 or 2 every couple to a few days...

As a part of my process, I actually round to 4 decimal places.  I think the pivot table I use rounds to 2, so I'd actually be interested to know if this is fairly accurate in case like yours, where your gains are so small for chainsmithing.

I'm not sure what you're looking for as I have no idea what the point of this is... it shows my gain counts from the last few days as 1 or 2.

Any other tab I tried to use showed nothing on the table.