Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Missing Patch Notes

So there was an update today on the down low though.

Has anyone noticed anything other than the broken skill gains tab?

So far I have noticed that while leading my horse I was able to embark/disembark a large cart several times while maintaining the lead on the horse.

New horse types are in too.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

New horse types are in too.

pics pls ^^

34 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

pics pls ^^

some of these i bet

LMAO...the one time in recent months that content is added, and it's almost like they didn't want to admit that they added it :P

No, it shows poor business management.

Any changes should be documented in patch notes, pretty much everyone else do it, wurm should not be the exception.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

No, it shows poor business management.

Any changes should be documented in patch notes, pretty much everyone else do it, wurm should not be the exception.

Chill dude.  This isn't the stock market where a brief lack of information might cause someone to gamble all their investments away.  Cut 'em some slack.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

There in is the problem, they are very slack in how they implement new code.

- untested code

- undocumented changes

The changes should be made known so we can at least see if it actually works or not, instead of the current method of stumbling into something that got implemented and finding out that it does not work.

17 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

There in is the problem, they are very slack in how they implement new code.

- untested code

- undocumented changes

The changes should be made known so we can at least see if it actually works or not, instead of the current method of stumbling into something that got implemented and finding out that it does not work.

If Wurm Online has always functioned the way it does currently, and you're still here and still hate it how come you haven't left?  Suggestions are one thing mate, endless complaints and barrages are another.  If it displeases you that much please do yourself a favor and play something else.

3 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

If it displeases you that much please do yourself a favor and play something else.

You know you lost an argument when you tell someone to quit playing a game. Stay classy mate.

I actually have been playing something else lately. Patch notes sure would come in handy as I'm not going to discover hidden updates while I'm not playing.

When they removed the height restrictions on bridges that was unannounced also. They have been starting to slack.

Edited by NESGamepro

12 minutes ago, Oats said:

You know you lost an argument when you tell someone to quit playing a game. Stay classy mate.

Not necessarily. He's telling you that if you are being truly upset by the way this game is being managed, maybe you should find a game that does not upset you (either by game contents or management ) & makes you happy.

• Like 1

Don´t forget People who love to complain ^^

If they would quit, they would loose their Hobby.

Edited by Caduryn

4 hours ago, zethreal said:

Not necessarily. He's telling you that if you are being truly upset by the way this game is being managed, maybe you should find a game that does not upset you (either by game contents or management ) & makes you happy.

Exactly.  This is the reason I stopped playing League of Legends.  I loved that game and the competitive atmosphere, but it made me rage a lot too and I became a more aggressive person when I played it, so I stopped playing it.

Well slickshot you are welcome to your opinion, but I do like playing this game and would love to see things run better. The game is good but it could certainly be much better. Dumping untested code on the player base may be fine to you, but I am sure the majority of the player base would rather be able to play a working game than a broken game, especially since they are paying monthly fee's.

When mechanics of the game are adjusted/revised there certainly should be patch notes for this as well.

I can most certainly agree with patch notes being provided! In this case there were a few different circumstances.

The leading thing has been in test for a few days now, I was not aware of its push to the live servers, so we didn't have patch notes for it.

The skillgain system didnt change, and nothing was done on that side, just an oddity in it showing as it did, it's showing as usual now.

(Edit: I stand corrected, it's still displaying odd rounding, will follow up on that and see if i can include anything on it in the news!)

The announcement of the horses going live was/is my piece in the news this week, so it was intended to be a surprise.

Patch notes are always important, and we will always do our best to provide any and all information that is relavent to updates. There are times where the updates are backend things, or security related or even staff/GM related, so we won't be providing information on what and when those changes are made.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The leading thing has been in test for a few days now, I was not aware of its push to the live servers, so we didn't have patch notes for it.

This is dev's pushing stuff to live without telling anyone.

I know for the freedom folks its not a big deal, but this is a huge thing on the PvP servers, you changed game mechanics once again without warning. Sure you said something about new pretty horses in your news, I don't recall seeing anything said about the change to leading horses.

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

This is dev's pushing stuff to live without telling anyone.

I know for the freedom folks its not a big deal, but this is a huge thing on the PvP servers, you changed game mechanics once again without warning. Sure you said something about new pretty horses in your news, I don't recall seeing anything said about the change to leading horses.

you're making a big deal out of nothing. honestly half the time undocumented changes aren't even the problem on PvP servers, it's the seemingly unrelated bugs.

do you pout when the bank teller doesn't give you a sucker too?

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

were all gonna die!. Specially if i try to make a bridge........... mwhahaha

1 hour ago, Propheteer said:

you're making a big deal out of nothing. honestly half the time undocumented changes aren't even the problem on PvP servers, it's the seemingly unrelated bugs.

do you pout when the bank teller doesn't give you a sucker too?

yeah cause the orb of doom being nerfed isn't important to the pvp servers

got nerfed to the point where its a 50% chance to kill the user on use and this change wasn't documented at all

horses not being unlead when embarking something is important to pvp as well

We need patch notes!

There's certainly a difference between important and gamebreaking. These little changes and differences do not break the game, nor fully ruin pvp (though collectively they try really hard). They are however important and proper patch notes would be a small and cheap thing to give us that any competant game developer should not need the players to beg for.

• Like 2