Sign in to follow this  
thirtynine

Ban Discussion+Rule Revision: Champ Point Farming

Rule Revision  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of the rule revision and player punishment reduced?

8 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Gaining champion points outside of normal PvP. (example: Draining your own or a friends deeds, or killing avatars provided only as a service for champion points.)

It's pretty clear to me that it's gaining champion points outside of normal pvp still.  It's not up to the rules imo to state how game mechanics regarding champion points work, the players should know. 

Lets say someone failed to successfully break the rules, it doesn't change the fact they were doing something that is against the rules.  If you're on freedom and tried luring mobs to a player to try to get them killed but failed to accomplish it, it doesn't mean that you weren't dragging mobs to try to kill the guy

It doesn't make sense to try to test damage with an enemy alt that requires using a proxy to login, it seems easier to test on a same kingdom alt/village mate?  Champion points should be visible in spell effects

The deed disbanding also btw afaik is only for when a deed is used to farm points, not just because you live in it

Edit:

That's only for deed drains and over 50fs.  You get champ points from rank gained which is documented, and not announced on twitter

You're making random assumptions. Who used a proxy? Sparring does not work right when testing damage it's super low... If you failed to break a rule then you didn't break it.

"I didn't successfully break the rule I tried to break. Checkmate."

C'mon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

You're making random assumptions. Who used a proxy? Sparring does not work right when testing damage it's super low...

uh if you're kingdom A and the testing alt is kingdom B... you get spy prevention and need a proxy to login the enemy alt, it's a pretty common thing, no assumption required

2 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

lol, maybe someone else was on the character?

Gaining champion points outside of normal PvP. (example: Draining your own or a friends deeds, or killing avatars provided only as a service for champion points.)

I hope he at least got a good cast with his one champ point I guess.
e: tfw your priest is offline so you gotta farm an alt for a coc cast

Edited by Stik

3 minutes ago, zethreal said:

As I said earlier. You don't break the rules, get punished & then say "The rule is dumb & shouldn't be there, so I can do what I want."

The order is "this is a dumb rule & shouldn't be there." and once it's changed "Sweet, now I can do x".

Excuse me, are you from Chaos or something ? Why haven't I seen you before ?

• Like 1

Well loosing champ for 6 months is fairly harsh too, but mistakes were made. Banning the account (even if its short term) from what I can see is a little overboard though, but not unexpected with how things are handled in the game.

3 minutes ago, ElvenElder said:

Excuse me, are you from Chaos or something ? Why haven't I seen you before ?

No & Not that I'm aware of. But rules & changes to rules are the same about everywhere. You don't break rules because they're dumb & try to get things changes after the fact. You change them first.

15 minutes ago, zethreal said:

No & Not that I'm aware of. But rules & changes to rules are the same about everywhere. You don't break rules because they're dumb & try to get things changes after the fact. You change them first.

See that's the problem. You're the freedom guy, who has no clue on how this case affected Chaos if it even barely affected it to deserve ban. Yet, you jump into conclusions about it and express opinion. The reality though is that everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But nobody is entitled to his own facts. So here's some facts. You're the good guy who follows the rules set for Chaos players but not liked by Chaos players on the whole. One day if you'd apply for it, you may be promoted to staffer for displaying polite and lawful behaviour. Then couple of months later, you may become a GM.

And one day ... boy o boy ... you'll set foot on Chaos to settle a matter between kingdoms cause someone sent a support ticket. You'll have basically no understanding of both the way the game's played in chaos and zero understanding of its community either. You'll make a decision that will be right according to your rules but will dissatisfy both the sides of the conflicting parties since it will be far from reality and basic logic.

And then one day you'll accidentally scroll through private conversation logs in pastebin between Chaos players. Now, before you jump in to judge them about the horrible things they say about you, think of the previous two paragraphs I wrote and maybe you won't consider us the bad toxic guys we're known to be.

Edit:

On another note, who was that little rat that told the GMs about this ? Can't be no one, some little redd brat must have put a support ticket.

Edited by ElvenElder

3 minutes ago, ElvenElder said:

See that's the problem. You're the freedom guy, who has no clue on how this case affected Chaos if it even barely affected it to deserve ban. Yet, you jump into conclusions about it and express opinion. The reality though is that everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But nobody is entitled to his own facts. So here's some facts. You're the good guy who follows the bad rules. One day if you'd apply for it, you may be promoted to staffer for displaying polite and lawful behaviour. Then couple of months later, you may become a GM.

And one day ... boy o boy ... you'll set foot on Chaos to settle a matter between kingdoms cause someone sent a support ticket. You'll have basically no understanding of both the way the game's played in chaos and zero understanding of its community either. You'll make a decision that will be right according to your rules but will dissatisfy both the sides of the conflicting parties since it will be far from reality and basic logic.

And then you'd wonder why we'd all bash you as we do with the current staff members ...

He knew he had power/responsibility as a champion and that losing that status could hurt him, his settlement and possibly his kingdom. He did something against the rules knowing this information. Is he necessarily the only person to be hurt by this? No. Is that his fault or the rules? 

The discussion isn't if he broke the rules, it's about a rule revision based on an outdated rule which has drastic consequences with little reward. Like I said above, he got literally 1 cast worth of champ points, it wasn't like the dude killed the alt over and over until it stopped giving rank. This effected nobody, players like Miniroll are trying to say that Macedon players were lying about a champ point even being gotten, which goes to prove how little impact it had on anyone that a lot of people didn't even know what was going on, or that something happened. 
Sure, I am certain he knew the rules behind it, but the guy didn't even know how to check his champ points apparently. He didn't spend the cast from the sounds of things, and the chances are the point would probably decay or whatever (assuming they do decay) anyways.

I personally think all forms of alt farming shouldn't be allowed.

PS It would be cool if we had all the people voting no to actually post in the thread with why they're voting no instead of there being many many 'ghost' votes.

Edited by Stik

Seems to me this is a discussion about a ban and not a real suggestion for a rule change. I guess the ban and if it should or should not be valid should be left out of the deal and handled by the GMs and the player involved since it is technically against forum policy and is doing nothing but causing drama.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kegan said:

Seems to me this is a discussion about a ban and not a real suggestion for a rule change. I guess the ban and if it should or should not be valid should be left out of the deal and handled by the GMs and the player involved since it is technically against forum policy and is doing nothing but causing drama.  

They're not going to unban him and keep the rule. How is this not a real suggestion for a rule change?
Why would the permaban another player over something so silly. 

Edit: Pretty sure backseat modding is against forum policy too Kegan

Edited by Stik

The thing is that a rule and its punishment aren't determined by how much it was broken or how much was gained from breaking it, where are the lines drawn for severity and how complex should it become?

In brief, the penalty was permaban in the past under the old system, since there is a new system the penalty was reduced (not permaban) and not outdated technically as the rules don't specify which type of ban.  While the points are no longer essential as they once were it doesn't change wanting them to not be gained through unconventional means.

• Like 1

Without pointing out most of the inaccuracies or judging any of this publicly.  I will state that the penalty for this violation in the past was absolute permaban. The Champ system has changed a lot since the last time anyone violated the rule in this fashion. Ignorance of the standing rules is not an acceptable argument.

The player involved violated a standing rule and must face up to the consequences of it. He was caught, and like this thread his penalty is nearly finished.  End of story.

• Like 7