Sign in to follow this  
Prom

Weekly Patches suck

I may be in the minority here but these weekly patches suck.  I would like to go back to monthly.  On our server the admin works so when this patches drop overnight/morning they don't get implemented until later in the day so it means a loss of almost an entire day of playtime with each patch.  

If we at least had the choice of not upgrading our client until the server upgraded that would be awesome, as it stands now it is just a loss of playtime 1/7 days a week.

• Like 1

there is now a previous-client (beta) in the list of beta's. That allows you to play when the server isnt updated yet

• Like 1

*wishes for a long term support version* A version that is updated say maybe every 6 months.

6 months isn't forever. I'm using a MineCraft version (1.7.10) that is almost 2 years old. 

Curious, what have the dev's added to WU in the past 3 months that is either absolutely essential or wasn't already available from a Mod?

From a modders perspective a long term support version is a good thing. 

• Like 2

I am probably in the wrong section of forum as usual:  clicked on this subject because as of the patch done to our server this morning now shows a huge list of what make up a horse (for instance) it doesn't hurt anything but is quite annoying that this new bug repeats the mats the horse is made up of several times.   If it hasn't been reported yet, here it is.  (When logged in as a DEV)

Rolf needs to keep breaking large containers until we stop using those mods...

I swear, if this was a standalone game, he'd come to our houses and knock stuff over, just to piss us off.

4 hours ago, joedobo said:

6 months isn't forever. I'm using a MineCraft version (1.7.10) that is almost 2 years old. 

Curious, what have the dev's added to WU in the past 3 months that is either absolutely essential or wasn't already available from a Mod?

From a modders perspective a long term support version is a good thing. 

+1

For a Player 6 Month are: "never updates.....nexer fixes.... im not playing 6 Month a broken Game.... fu this"

I saw "Monthly updates" when I bought Wurm Unlimited and thought 'fantastic', I'd be glad for updates every 3 or 6 months, but weekly however is becoming more of a nightmare, as I have to check all my edits against the update and pray that mods don't break and my friends don't rage-quit because of it. Not to mention the bugs that come with the update, which in true Wurmian fashion, don't seem to effect everyone, but most people. Weekly updates are annoying for any game, especially if you have to host the servers (see ARK, PD2 - update QQ etc, ARK of which I quit for similar issues; sheer amount of data in the update and frequency).

I can't use 'previous version', or any 'beta', nothing appears under Beta opt-in options at all on Steam for me. At the moment I have a broken mods, update bugs and no way to roll-back or have insurance players are able to roll-back their clients either. Frustrating.

+1 to return to monthly updates, for my blood pressure and for server stability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drathania said:

I can't use 'previous version', or any 'beta', nothing appears under Beta opt-in options at all on Steam for me

That means that Wurm is still running, somehow.

Check your Task-manager.

The server I play on has been down since the last update. Every time there's an update, the owner takes it down a couple of days after and it's down for around 3 days while he plays with it to get it back up again. This weekly crap means it's down more often than it's up and it's been o/l for a week now.

It's ok saying we can play the previous version but a week later and the next patch means the previous version is not the one we WANT to play because we need to be playing the version BEFORE it. Simply having a "No update" option would allow us to play the game until we see an update that actually adds something to the game and doesn't just fix obscure bugs nobody has even seen, (while ignoring the glaringly obvious bugs - ie: Stamina loss while riding or sailing etc).

I am not interested in weekly bug fixes that don't affect anything I do. If it's a game under development, I want to see additions made to the game in the form of new stuff to craft and new things to do. Otherwise, it's just a beta build where we are all simply beta testers and not a game under development at all. I begin to suspect we are nothing more than beta testers who have paid for the privilege to test patches for WO since the new patches seem to break more than they fix.

Every month is fine, at least we get to play the game for a while before the devs break it again. Every week means we spend more time getting the servers back up and running than actually playing the game.

If the admin is taking days to update because of mods it isn't really the devs fault. If you don't want automatic updates I believe you can turn that off in steam. From what I've seen from the patches they aren't really breaking anything in the game (at least not anything serious - the mixed grass graphics in the last one is just bad looking but doesn't prevent you from playing the game). As far as mods go they are not officially supported and unfortunately changes in the patches have been breaking some mods.

50 minutes ago, Romen said:

If the admin is taking days to update because of mods it isn't really the devs fault. If you don't want automatic updates I believe you can turn that off in steam. From what I've seen from the patches they aren't really breaking anything in the game (at least not anything serious - the mixed grass graphics in the last one is just bad looking but doesn't prevent you from playing the game). As far as mods go they are not officially supported and unfortunately changes in the patches have been breaking some mods.

No, I have tried and you can't turn off automatic updates in Steam. You ONLY have the option of playing the "previous version" which, as I said, then becomes the next version up when the next update hits.

11 minutes ago, tryst49 said:

No, I have tried and you can't turn off automatic updates in Steam. You ONLY have the option of playing the "previous version" which, as I said, then becomes the next version up when the next update hits.

Well i didn´t got a Patch on 12.02.