Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy_Norman

Returning player

Hi there, I played around the time Release and Pristine were released and I was wondering is it worth it coming back to the game right now? Is the game heading in the right direction or is it dying? I am seeing a lot of posts about the game dying and I don't want to waste my money if that is the case. All feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

The game is doing just fine, there are many new features since you played last time and yes its deffinetly worth coming back :)

wanna buy something?

Yeah the game is fun and awesome, everything is so cool. I play about 20 hours a day caus its so much fun man!
You will enjoy the game, our community is a blast, all well mannered people and fun. I love this place, booyaaa!

Errr wanna buy something?

JK, welcome back :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hashirama said:

Did hashirama evolve from troll loner to a goblin thug or what?

It's worth coming back and playing.  The population has decreased a bit, but its still doing well and on its way to evening out. :)  Good times to be had!

2 hours ago, Sin said:

Did hashirama evolve from troll loner to a goblin thug or what?

nice nice, who are you again?

It is all in how you look at the game. I find pure fun in Wurm not thinking about it too much. If you are easily frustrated or looking to pay your rl bills it may not be a much fun for you.  From pure goofing off and crafting end, I think it is still a blast. 

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

Welcome back! While some players have migrated to WU, the player base on WO is still very strong. Lots of updates, and nice additions that in my opinion are making it better constantly. It all really depends on your play style tho which version is best for you. :)

Definitely worth re- premming and coming back, I myself only recently returned after a 2 year absence and was amazed to see so much had changed, like bridges, being able to sit down, new furniture, other new items etc. So all that's left to say is welcome back.

In every game there is always a small but very vocal group of discontents who make it their personal crusade to voice their frustrations in the forms of constant complaints on the forums. I don't think I have played an online title that didn't have that group. One of the usual tactics is to start the "Game Is Dying" posts. The majority of the players, however, don't frequent the forums, but are busy playing Wurm.

The game is doing very well, in my opinion. The small but dedicated group of developers is constantly cranking out new content and flixing bugs. There are always more bugs to fix and more content to add, but such is the nature of an online game. It constantly evolves and it faces challenges as it moves forward. However, if you liked Wurm before, you should like it even better now. New stuff has been added since Pristine release, like bridges, crafting window, more storage options, ability to sail directly to any server from yours, new furniture, new walls, wagons, marble statues, new creatures, wool production, new unique monster system, reworked permissions and many others.

This game gets better every year. They key is to relax and enjoy what it has to offer. It's a beautiful, exciting world.

Good to have you back. I hope to see you in game.

• Like 2

OP, I'm going to resub for a year later tonight.  That answer your question?

A good rule of thumb is to ignore every post on the forums.

15 hours ago, Chakron said:

A good rule of thumb is to ignore every post on the forums.

That's actually terrible.  Ignoring rash complaints is one thing, but ignoring good advice and constructive feedback is another.

• Like 2

If it is longer than 2 paragraphs, grab a snack or skip it till you have one.

Easy approach would be to try WO for Free, if you don't like the current community, ingame events, rules, or play style then buy WU

welcome back - always nice to see people returning, the game is doing just fine the market on the other hand, well everything is super cheap.

5 hours ago, enoofu said:

Easy approach would be to try WO for Free, if you don't like the current community, ingame events, rules, or play style then buy WU

OR, OR You know, buy WU, Play an hour, if you dont like it, refund it and go buy another game on steam with money we can't retrieve from our steam wallets, Atleast easily anyways. 

Lots of trash on the forums ignore that for the most part, the game is fun and gets better with every update, despite the invasion of bugs that happen each time eventually those bugs get squashed.

JimmyNorman, The game has continued on it's path of impressive progress since Pristine and Release were added to the server list. Many new features have been added and the only real way to find the ones that are appealing to you is to log into the game and have a look-see, since even as a non-premium character you are able to experience them and be impressed by others creativity.

Always things to find to complain about here and there of course, depending upon one's outlook in life, reflected within the game's image. The "Wurm is dying" thing was mainly about the speculations of the effect that Wurm Unlimited would have upon the main game. Thus far it has provided a faster approach to accomplishing most of the same things that you can do within the main game, so many have found this to be preferable and play mainly on those player hosted or private servers now. Another option for enjoying Wurm game-play has been added is all, so best to leave the financial implications and analysis for those Wurm game Devs most effected by it and continue on playing the "dying" game carefree.

As Alfred E. would say: "What, me worry?"

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
*Further Wisdom added