Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Foreverlands is closing down RL calls hope people had fun.

Well Server people I took a second look at my chairs and royal chaise and cringed at it and was un happy after my new canopy beds so I worked threw the night and now I'm happy. I'm pleased to anounce some time soon all this will make it's way into Foreverlands when I'm finally done. A sneak peak of changes to come.

20170731093327_1.jpg

20170731093347_1.jpg

20170731093406_1.jpg

20170731093435_1.jpg

20170731093454_1.jpg

The bottom pic show the color rematch to make the furniture suits match  up with out the oddities in color I noticed.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 3

Nice man. Love to see how far some private servers have gone and continue to go.

Ok All the furniture is live as of now. Will be adding more over next month will be in big patchs like this one where there is a good bit of stuff to play with.

Rem to download the model pack link at main post and also in game on the Foreverlands tab. just extract the jar into your grpahics pack thats it just tell it to add and replace when asked and it will throw the textures where they need to be etc..

Enjoy decorating.

Whats next on my agenda well here is a sneak peak at what I'm up too on foreverlands. This will be coming soon. No I'm not done just got started just thought you might want to see a few on the horizion.

20170802012643_1.jpg

Edited by Arkonick

New runners going to stop on rugs for now see what else I can spice up.

20170802023626_1.jpg

Something else coming soon getting ready to take a break but here is another sneak peak

20170802051612_1.jpg

The new carpets and wall pictures are live. carpets can be crafted now but still havent added the ability to craft pictures yet but will be on the next patch

11:54 pm est Model Pack was just updated to be all dds texture files. Please download the new pack. Before extracting the contents you need to do a verify on your wurm unlimited client to get a default graphics pack.

Reason if you just extract this model pack in it will not remove old png files taking up space you will no longer use. 

So step one do verify on client so it replaces  the graphics.jar with default

step two then extract the new contents.

From this day forth any new texture added by me will be in dds format do to better performance.

• Like 1

New video talking about Foreverlands lots of info in this long video.

Fixed in game map in model pack

Added back in high iron fence gates and fence  in archways

had a hickup this morning server not kicking now high fence temp removed till i trace down the hickup with them enjoy.

Server updated again high iron fence and gate back in. Hate ide's when they say theres no errors and it compiles and there are glitchs in the code.

Forever Lands is closing down. I thought this was amusing. Lesson here is that no server is forever so never expect all of your time spent on a server to be there forever. Just have fun and expect it to all go away at some point. :lol:

Edited by Hanel

Never nice when a popular server closes down.

To those players left, good luck with finding another home. To Arkonick, good luck with rl

And this is why I will never invest any time into a WU server.

• Like 1

This server has been closed since August 21, 2017 an if more than 3 to 4 people had played at any given time and I charged a monthly fee to cover the cost of not working for a living to supply my family with finacial help maybe i cold have keep it going.

It's funny that people can have negative feedback with no knowledge of what it takes to run a server and the time it takes to maintain one and keep it up while adding content.

Most of the servers that live longer with tons of mods is because those people don't actually make them mods or maintain them others do. So it is easy to download others work and add to a server and run it with effortless time.

A few people mod and run there servers but they might have better financial situation than a lot of us do and more time to maintain there few mods and a server.

My server was modded completely by me with no out side mods and when you mod the code as much as I did and was adding in as much as I did it is not easy to hold a 8 to 12 hr job 5 to 7 days a week and maintain a server.

Ask your self this would you do as much work as I did and maintain a server when roughly 3 to 4 people played on your server? Would you waste what little time after work you had to maintain all I was doing all while not getting paid to do it for 3 to 4 people?

I think the feedback being thrown here is taking a situation and twisting it to try and make there own opinion about WU servers with out 1 bit of background to why it closed. 

Like I said a while back when I closed this server IF there had been tons of people playing on my server I would have found a different route and keep it going. My server closing can not be compared to other servers that went belly up if was in a whole different situation.

Most people who run servers do it because they want to, because they think it's a fun hobby.  Ditto for those who make and release mods.  Your decision to do that, and then to shut it down again was just that, yours, for your own reasons.  Ultimately, if you're doing something for fun, and it's no longer fun, then you should stop doing it, but don't try to make your decision someone else's responsibility.  Given that (most) privately-run WU servers are a hobby for someone, they have more risk of shutting down than the CC-run WO servers - it's simply that they have more single possible points of failure.  No matter what the intent of the person running the private server, they're still just one person.  The servers that live longer do so because the people running them are prepared to put the necessary time in to keep them running - when they get bored or tired, the servers will shut down.  Whether they make their own mods or use publicly-available ones is irrelevant.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, Arkonick said:

I think the feedback being thrown here is taking a situation and twisting it to try and make there own opinion about WU servers with out 1 bit of background to why it closed.

I think it's just that your initial claim and premise of the server being "forever" and naming it such was pretty unrealistic. Now people are serving you up a bit of crow about it.

I dropped by your server quite a while ago and it seemed a nice setup but the skillgains/timers were way too slow for my liking. I would venture to say that this is why your population was so low. Then all this time consuming progress was eventually lost by those players when it shut down. I really can't see why some people would choose these slow close to WO skill/timer servers but not my concern really since I always play a few of the much faster WU servers. If one happens to shut down no big loss as I will just quickly build up skills/deeds on the next.

I do appreciate these various server choice providers though and of course if they no longer wish to continue them that is their choice as well.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I liked the creative designs, the new tapestries, carpets, mats, chair covers, wagons etc. were awesome.  Whatever the reason for the closure of the server, hope any new projects will be fun and thanks for sharing your ideas with us, I would still love a unicorn on my wagon in Wurm.