Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Foreverlands is closing down RL calls hope people had fun.

Foreverlands is shutting down. Do to low population and Me going back to work I will no longer have time to maintain and continue to add new stuff. Foreverlands is shut down as of today. You can find stuff from Foreverlands on Requiem of Wurm server and anything I recently worked on which was a ton will be given to Requiem of Wurm. I'm sorry if the few people on my server feel let down but Real Life is calling and I need to spend what time I'm not working on my studies so I can build my own mmo in a few years.

Hope those who played on Foreverlands enjoyed there time and the new stuff I was adding.

Edited by Arkonick
new information New website
  • Like 2

Thought I'd share my thought on this server.  The lakes feel big and not like tiny ponds.  The mountains feel good and solid and are not trivial like some other servers.  The owner has said this server will be up for at least 10 years and probably longer, which is good since this is a vanilla, no mod, 1x server.  As of now there isnt really a market, the gm will pay 5x copper a tile for 3 tile wide road, which is quite good (1.5 silver 10 tiles, 3 silver for 20 tiles.).  Considering the work to make a 3 tile road and the sometimes challenging landscape this seems the right amount.

Since this is a 1x server I suspect eventually craftspeople will create a market, goods and services(labour) will have value.

Now this isnt the only WU server I play, but since the owner has told me it will be up at least 10 years, it's the only 1x speed server I'll play, and I think that is a good reason to try it out (plus the map is really nice).

• Like 1

Joined this server a while ago and its a really good map, nice and big with load of different areas to settle on and different geography types, also there are a lot of roads already made to make getting around easyer, got a few players in there already and all are freindly,  the GM is very helpfull too, if you need help you get it straight away, really glad i joined, the 1x skill gain also gives a good feel of progession as your not instantly god like, look forward to more players joining and getting into some events:D

I have one at the inn near by maybe a smelter would be good in the public mine so can smelt the weight down while they mine? I'll put in a few forge's  and a few smelter's.

Player base is starting to grow with  active players on. Some things where added. Come join us forever on Foreverlands.

On 2/4/2016 at 9:53 PM, Arkonick said:
  •  
  • Deed purchase and upkeep to control over deeding landmass you can't afford.
  •  

There is land purchase and deed upkeep.

This is not a reason to take fun away from playing the game. If you are worried about deed size simply limit the size people can make a deed. You have the tools for it. Do that instead of forcing people to do work they might not want to. I will never understand this. 

1 hour ago, Clatius said:

This is not a reason to take fun away from playing the game. If you are worried about deed size simply limit the size people can make a deed. You have the tools for it. Do that instead of forcing people to do work they might not want to. I will never understand this. 

I provide a WO experience with out the RWMT there are other 1x server's if this isn't the one for you might want to try one of them.

My goal is to play the same WO I played before running my own server just killing the RWMT system

3 hours ago, Ahzz said:

what is rwmt?

Real World Money Trade. A coin system that is treated as a real dollar.

New additions to the website and some game changes to our non RWMT "real world money trade" server. Look above for any changes.

We are growing steady plenty of land to build on and have fun with others. We all at Foreverlands look forward to gaming with you.

New changes as of 3/27/2016 to the server

Read main post

Edited by Arkonick

is 10+ year the age limit or how long the deed is paid for?

2 hours ago, MootRed said:

is 10+ year the age limit or how long the deed is paid for?

None of the above.

10 + year means this server will be going for more than 10 years from now. So it basically tells you this is not a cash grab server that will die min the funds stop coming in, or it's not a youtuber trying to get hits on his web site, nore is it someone who starts up server's then gets board and closes it to go open a server on something else. It is my assurance to anyone who joins my server that it will still be going after 10 years have passed by, as long as people are playing on my server it will always be going even after I start working on my own project.

This server is awesome, really fun to play. We are building up our player base and once that is done, more trading will be possible and big projects. I definitely recommend this one and Ark is an awesome GM!

Good server. The GM is very helpful and doesn't interfere with you if you want to do your own thing. Easy to get started and the GM offers in game money for work. All the players are friendly and helpful to. Look forward to having more people come on and play with us!

Been playing for a couple months now, I highly suggest this server. Wonderful staff, wonderful community. Lots of teamwork and cooperation and many a dreams of starting a huge town. As an owner of a 5 pop town (I know, we are still growing), I have had no luck on other servers, but this server takes the cake. Arks a great GM and wouldn't ask for anything better.

Update this morning from me 

4/3/2016 

• New Mobs
  • Skeleton, Zombie, Nogump, DeathCrawler, SolDeamon
  • Fixed red dragon scale chest it is now visible in game
  • You can create any of the 4 guard towers
  • Finished the stuff that can be dyed now
  • Raw meat, fish/meat Fillet can be stored in food storage bin
  • bread, mushrooms, sandwhich, stew, meal, casserole, gulasch, and soup decay slower
Edited by Arkonick

Will be adding some new furniture soon this is just a sneak peak of 1 item that will be added to Foreverlnads soon

20170528080947_1_zpsww93c1na.jpg

Edited by Arkonick

4/14/2016 updates 

Some screen shots of the map remake and other stuff Enjoy.

Edited by Arkonick

Honestly beautiful map!

Edited by MootRed

4/29/2016 

Added all wagons and Hota statues to the crafting recipes go wild.

5/4/2016

• Added new Illusions to the illusion potion
  • Increased the amount of animals you can care for to 20 max you can care for a new animal every 5 skill points rather than 10
  • Animal gear now has a better benefit on animals "bridle,saddle,horseshoes" give better boost
  • large crates now hold 600 items and small crates hold 300 items to help lower the clutter of space.
  • Antique top cabinet works like a FSB and Antique bottom cabinet works like a BSB
  • Molr,Jenn,Hots flags & banners can be created all flags, banners, kingdom banner can be dyed.
  • token banks now hold 100 items instead of 5
  • Affinity potions can now be bought from world trader for 35s each. 1 use potions and can buy and use as many as you like there is no limit on how many affinities you can have.

5/10/2016

• added lumps to be stored in bank
  • worked on certain mobs not aggroing like they should still tweaking keep me posted
  • Fixed a exploit with hooks. Can no longer store hooks in BSB. Can no longer imp them up drop them in BSB to change the imp material needed. This exploit could be used to make it where you only had to use water to imp hooks up skipping the need for any other low ql item or having to find higher ql ore to imp.
Edited by Arkonick