Sign in to follow this  
Namekat

Remove Player Gods

instead of playergods being accessible to ALL players, just make it so the one individual player that asscended gets thier randomly generated god status and spells and priesthood of their own faith and the only way to follow them is if THEY peronsally convert you (this will keep all the crazyness to epic)

• Like 1

BUT GUYYYYSSS they make epic uniquueeeee

###### that remove em

+1

bl priests cant cast wl priests even tho same kingdom, stupid spell lists, home server gives server wide msg about gods favoring a enemy kingdom if present, just remove them.

So let me get this straight, you want to remove player gods. Players have put in a lot of TIME on these gods being priests and followers. Yes I know there are a few extreme epic players that believe that epic/freedom should be completely different in which some cases, they are. I honestly believe it is a bit too late to change this. 

sorry but its a no / -1 for me.

Edit: removed a bunch of jargen to make a shorter point.

Edited by polarbear

Believe a lot of the issues aren't about Player playing as Gods but balancing issues with the religions, and them having no statues or unique channeling items.

Player gods by God!, How godless they are worshiping only themselves as the creators of their own Wurm Universe. I have often imagined how lonely it would be having created everything, thus being ultimately alone, driven to the madness of creation by this situation. So who is to say that you are not I and I you? Are we not all really one in the same expansion of the universe, bigly *banged out of this melancholy frustration?

Oh! Player god'es within Wurm it is having been this topic of objectification. Yes! The ultimate in egocentricity. Then of course I am all for it, as long as their imagined magnificence will not shine this dim light of recognition upon me. Please humor me and forgive and tangent digressions of interpretation that I have taken on this subject, as after all we are all one and in doing so you forgive yourself as well.

Go in pieces, says I!

=Ayes=

7 hours ago, polarbear said:

If anything more gods should be made. The more the better, we need more, because why not. Get over it.

More?  Now who sounds ridiculous... The new ones we have now aren't even balanced nor do they bring anything new to the table.  No thanks on "more, because why not.".   -1 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, polarbear said:

So let me get this straight, you want to remove player gods (knowing full well that if they stay or are removed it DOES NOT EFFECT YOU, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE?) Players have put in a lot of TIME on these gods being priests and followers. Removing them would make Code Club lose soooo much money. Basically this thread is a joke because OP wants code club to fold and more of the player base to leave. This is exactly what would happen if they were removed. If anything more gods should be made. The more the better, we need more, because why not. Get over it.

This game is all about choices, the freedom to choose what you want to do. Hence the "freedom cluster". If johndoe eventually becomes a demigod and you didn't, maybe you should have made the choice to work harder to become one yourself. 

Also to OP first post, can you please post the rest of that conversation, because for all we know the rest of the conversation could of been talking about pie. We need some details. original question could have been. Do want wurm to have pie in the game?

[18:19:51] <Pidgeoni> i wouldnt mind much

[18:20:06] <Brunwulf> I wouldnt care either

[18:25:46] <Gary> yes

Makes sense to me and everyone else. Just saying, you have a random chat log of people saying yes to .... 

btw,

It does effect him, and me and anyone else who plays on Epic.

Because they are unbalanced and make other gods worthless.

Whats hilarious is you talk about freedom cluster yet the new gods come from Epic.

WHICH THIS EFFECTS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, polarbear said:

So let me get this straight, you want to remove player gods (knowing full well that if they stay or are removed it DOES NOT EFFECT YOU, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE?) Players have put in a lot of TIME on these gods being priests and followers. Removing them would make Code Club lose soooo much money. Basically this thread is a joke because OP wants code club to fold and more of the player base to leave. This is exactly what would happen if they were removed. If anything more gods should be made. The more the better, we need more, because why not. Get over it.

This game is all about choices, the freedom to choose what you want to do. Hence the "freedom cluster". If johndoe eventually becomes a demigod and you didn't, maybe you should have made the choice to work harder to become one yourself. 

Also to OP first post, can you please post the rest of that conversation, because for all we know the rest of the conversation could of been talking about pie. We need some details. original question could have been. Do want wurm to have pie in the game?

[18:19:51] <Pidgeoni> i wouldnt mind much

[18:20:06] <Brunwulf> I wouldnt care either

[18:25:46] <Gary> yes

Makes sense to me and everyone else. Just saying, you have a random chat log of people saying yes to .... 

btw,

This is why these epic features need to stay on epic... so we can have balance by creating and removing gods without everyone on freedom being the reason we can't remove them

its just like when sorcery got added to freedom cluster we got people saying to nerf the "unique" epic feature

• Like 1

i dont understand why player gods ever came to freedom cluster in the beginning... its an epic feature (becoming a demigod) so why is it on freedom when you cannot even become a demigod on freedom?

On 06/02/2016 at 7:43 AM, polarbear said:

I don't think you realise just how difficult it is to become a demigod/full deity. The chances that a Key drops are extremely low, add to that the fact that more often than not Valrei rewards go to the person/people that did one mission in the whole scenario, and not to the person/people who worked their asses off doing most of the missions for that scenario.

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

On 6-2-2016 at 11:25 AM, Ayes said:

Player gods by God!, How godless they are worshiping only themselves as the creators of their own Wurm Universe. I have often imagined how lonely it would be having created everything, thus being ultimately alone, driven to the madness of creation by this situation. So who is to say that you are not I and I you? Are we not all really one in the same expansion of the universe, bigly *banged out of this melancholy frustration?

Oh! Player god'es within Wurm it is having been this topic of objectification. Yes! The ultimate in egocentricity. Then of course I am all for it, as long as their imagined magnificence will not shine this dim light of recognition upon me. Please humor me and forgive and tangent digressions of interpretation that I have taken on this subject, as after all we are all one and in doing so you forgive yourself as well.

Go in pieces, says I!

=Ayes=

Holy ###### the cryptic talk is real

9 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Holy ###### the cryptic talk is real

Always is with Ayes.  I usually don't respond to him because I'm not certain he's actually part of the discussion. lol

• Like 1

The problem was and is that instead of handcrafting a new deity and new priests, RNG was allowed to run amok in the spell list and ability list and create these crap shoot deities and priests and one of them became almost the jack of all trades with nearly every spell to replace at least the 3 WL priests. All Nahjo is really missing is CoC. Just imagine if that RNG roll landed a hit.

While a bit of randomness is good at times, this is not one of them. Punishing players by removing a priest that should not have existed in the first place or should have been immediately edited on DAY ONE before anyone could even cast a spell is not going to go well. These things have been in the game for months. I waited months to even convert and have been a Nahjo long enough to fill out the spell list.

I realize its only $10 a month but forcing me back to Mag at a loss from where I was mag months ago without the months of praying in the middle as Nahjo is $10 said ENOUGH to, Freedomer or not. I need to at least be offered to put back where I was at conversion but should demand that all prayers since then be calculated and added to the faith from where I was. I'm getting a bit tired of my crap being nerfed.

• Like 1

The existing player gods are just not balanced as they stand, this is really something that needs fixing rather than something to sweep under the table.  Removing them is not a solution that will be welcomed by the already dwindling playerbase, nor should they be removed.

Before the utterly broken player gods came around it was often pointed out that the original gods were not all that balanced to start with on PvE.  The real solution here is that magic needs a rework on wurm to better integrate it into the PvE experienceA  a wider variety of spells and enchantments would go a long way, the suggestions forum are full of em.  A better way to allocate spells (I suggested something a while back which seemed to get a fair bit of interest) would help out with future "random" gods.

Overall:

-1 to removing player gods

+1000 to fixing magic

• Like 1

Agree with Etherdrift and Audrel.

I don't know what the appropriate alternative is, but the current situation of generating weird, thematically inconsistent, unbalanced player gods is simply not good game design by any stretch of the imagination and is bound to lead to problems... or already has, according to what seems like most players.

• Like 1

Why should they be fixed? You can't expect people to keep playing when you screw one (or more) of their chars completely. Maybe it should have been fixed earlier before, but now it's too late. Stop being so selfish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigozag said:

Why should they be fixed? You can't expect people to keep playing when you screw one (or more) of their chars completely. Maybe it should have been fixed earlier before, but now it's too late. Stop being so selfish.

There are ways around this, like allowing a one-time swap to another deity for characters like that. In fact, this functionality specifically exists for Nahjo in the WU code, for whatever reason... traces of it, at least.

3 hours ago, zigozag said:

Zero thought. Zero control. Zero review. When you let RNG make decisions for you then wait months to look at what it chose, it's a bit late to cry foul. I mean even a half-assed thought process into crafting a new priest with new spells and powers is better than letting an RNG run amok and spin the roulette wheel of selection, however that is how it was done. How long as Nahjo been out? Since May? It was October when the "bug" with mining and woodcutting happened. Now, after 9 months of people grinding a character, it's a bit late to remove it without serious recompense, considering many changed mags and other priests they had played for a long time and lost a lot of work in the conversion. The grass was just too much greener on the other side for many mags. Then consider the "too good to be true" wait some of us took before converting while expecting a massive nerf which took 6 months to appear as a "bug."