Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Open fireplace is shown as burning, even if not lit [Fixed]

Since the latest update ("auto-light fireplaces on deed") my open fireplace is always shown as lit, even if snuffed:

RkTo1os.jpg

Examining the fireplace:

[17:55:24]  The fire is not lit.

The fireplace is inside a house on deed. It is shown as burning (also with smoke and crackling sound) by day and night. I can light and snuff it - no change.

Btw: The "Snuff" option only appears if I activate my steel and flint.

Oh: Relogging doesn't help ;)

Some additional information about this issue:

When I logged in yesterday I noticed that the fireplace was not burning. When logging in today, at (Wurm) night time, it was correctly lit (and "Examine" also said "It will burn for a long time"). However, when all the other lights went off in the morning, the fireplace still was shown as burning - with all the fire, smoke and crackling sound. It has been burning ever since, although "Examine" says:

[20:46:04]  The fire is not lit.

I relogged since then - no change...

:(

Today's observations:

Night time: Fire burning

[16:12:48] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It is glowing from the heat. The open fireplace has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 34.616386, Dam: 0.0.
[16:12:48]  The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.
[16:12:53] It is 20:19:35 on day of Awakening in week 4 of the starfall of the Leaf in the year of 1055.

Day time: Fire still burning

[17:29:15] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. The open fireplace has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 34.616386, Dam: 0.0.
[17:29:15]  The fire is not lit.
[17:30:22] It is 06:38:43 on day of the Ant in week 1 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1055.

Thanks KaiH - maybe this issue will get more attention that way ;)

However, I do not think the "added lights" are a different issue; in fact it can perfectly explain the observations I made above.

Edited by Yaga

that could be - and your fireplace might just be the first observation of the issue. hopefully a fix will remove both issues!

Well, some bad news:

The issue has not been fixed with today's update. :(

After server restart the fireplace was burning with what seemed like a single flame (night time):

[16:53:59]  The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

After dawn the fireplace is now shown as burning a lot brighter than before (so probably 2 flames). Examine says this:

[18:04:43]  The fire is not lit.

Apparently the automatic snuffing at dawn added another flame - and will probably continue to do so every Wurm day.

Edited by Yaga

As it seems this issue has been fixed. On-deed fireplaces are now properly lighting up at dusk and going out at dawn. However, trying to snuff a fireplace apparently created additional flames, so that it always seemed to be burning regardless of the time of day. This bug has been removed with the latest update.

Should any of you still have problems with seeing flames although "Examine" says "The fire is unlit", here is the solution: Wait until Wurm night, then activate your steel and flint and snuff the fireplace several times. This will remove any leftover additional flames and will leave a single flame (the "automatic" one) eventually; the fire will go out at dawn.

• Like 1