Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Hedge Removal

Suggestion that hedges could be removed using a torch to burn them down instead of the current ways.

If this has already been suggested, then I agree.

Edit:

To elaborate...

Light a torch, apply lit torch to a Hedge for "X" amount of seconds (the timer).  Hedge burns for "Y" amount of time, could be 5 minutes, could be an hour, depending on the QL of the Hedge (hedge burning graphic). Left will be the Hedge stumps and the roots (new burnt out graphic).  You now need to equip your shovel and do a digging action on the Tile Border. After this, the Hedge is completely gone.

Thanks for your time, hope you add this.

Edited by Gumbo
to add edit

Had a similar suggestion going here, seemed a bit controversial:

I agree with the easy removal of hedges though; the griefing potential isn't the same as easy removal of other fences, since you could enforce the 21 BS limitation anyway, and even without it you can already prune them down to the point of uselessness.

• Like 1

Burned through 3 90ql mails using mend along the way still not done :(

To elaborate...

Light a torch, apply lit torch to a Hedge for "X" amount of seconds (the timer).  Hedge burns for "Y" amount of time, could be 5 minutes, could be an hour, depending on the QL of the Hedge (hedge burning graphic). Left will be the Hedge stumps and the roots (new burnt out graphic).  You now need to equip your shovel and do a digging action on the Tile Border. After this, the Hedge is completely gone.

Thanks for your time, hope you add this.

What about burning down palisades, pole, wooden, crude wooden fences and houses? They burn too...

Spoiler

Please, leave hedges alone, they're good as they are.

Edited by zigozag

6 minutes ago, zigozag said:

What about burning down palisades, pole, wooden, crude wooden fences and houses? They burn too...

Reveal hidden contents

What about it?  You're free to make your own suggestions if that is something you want in game.

I like hedges how they are.  They aren't terribly difficult to destroy, even though it does take several stages.

53 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Reveal hidden contents

I already mentioned why destroying hedges easily is not equivalent to destroying fences easily. Please don't be disingenuous by ignoring that.

I remember that, but hedges are fences anyway. A different kind, but still fences. You can destroy them like any other kind of fence, and they go down real quick. The damage they deal to weapons seem to be bugged, however.

• Like 1

All for burning stuff.

Granted fires in a game like Minecraft could get out of control fast.

I'm a little torn. It's a good idea, but I like how hedges are a fence of last resort for off-deed areas as they don't decay. Making them easy to destroy could limit this functionality.

Sorry but I like my hedges the way they are.  If you don't want so many hedges around maybe let priests build something else when they need to make a pen :P