Sign in to follow this  
Malinson

Cotton Towel

True; and it does require a bit of skill and effort to secure the sheep and loom for that end. Other than the Hitching Post, is there a mod that changes a recipe to something that I could study?

I won't make anything that requires wool. Too many bad implemented choices where made regards to sheep and wool production. Until the day I (or someone else) can improve it I'll avoid it. Obviously someone else can make other changes in addition to what I make or even edit my mods.

Basically for sheep or wool, I think the complication and work required versus the yield produced is too low. It needs to be on par with farming and the harvested wool quality needs to be max.

I thinking out loud here about pelt crafting.

The crafting difficulty for the pelt is very low. This means its easy to make high quality pelts, maybe too easy.

It doesn't look like the difficulty is factored into pelt creation quality for butchering in createRequest method of CorpseBehaviour class. I could add in options to tweak the difficulty for the pelt. I'm thinking instead about making a intermediate step item so I can tweak it more without worry about messing up pelt item.

Assuming the intermediate item is a Towel and it's crafted from cloth squares + string of cloth my next question is which item, string or square, should determine creation chance and which should act as max quality cap? I'm leaning towards the cloth squares as creation chance and strings as max quality cap. My reasoning here is it adds a little difficulty since squares have gone through two rounds (cotton to strings, strings to squares) of ql reducing output quality spread. If the item that is usually lower in quality on average is used for the creation chance check it should add in a little difficulty.

Various details about towel: size, creation difficulty, materials needed to make it and others can be configurable with a properties file options.

The pelt would be made with towel + scissors(or some other tailoring tool).

Call it a polishing cloth.  And maybe even give it a penalty like cooking in a forge.

Edited by Komimatsu