Sign in to follow this  
Stinky

Nvidia Tablet K1

Hello everyone,

im thinking about buying K1 but im wondering if i will be able to play Wurm on it. If not what tablet would be good for it? if any exists. Thanks

Well i would recommend to purchase a good laptop or pc as it gets the job done and you will also enjoy the game.

Playing Wurm on tablet is like killing the fun. But it might be useful to grind shield training and mining who knows.

Main problem with a tablet is that lack of mouse, never mind the lower end specs. (Unless you're spending 1k+)

You could probably manage some things with the right keybinds etc, but it would be difficult and awkward to play.

As for other games though and things like browsing the web etc, I wonder how good the K1 tablet is? I'm looking to upgrade my Kindle Fire but don't want to spend a fortune on an ipad/surface pro just for web access and mobile games. K1 is a reasonable price, assuming it has good software/specs.

Edited by Cheshire

most tablets have bluetooth capability for keyboards/mice

Surface is too expensive. K1 looks good at a good price. Cheaper than new notebook. Im going to use laptop for playing Wurm in near future the problem is that its an old laptop and i have like 15 fps with lowest settings. Not speaking about running two accounts. Cannot afford new laptop right now

Yeah, I just looked up the specs on the K1....great specs for the price...

Someone did a 3D Benchmark test and it outperformed ipad air 2 by a huge margin and rivaled the lower end surface pros (at least for gaming).

Definitely going to look into upgrading to one, as the kindle really isn't very useful for much other than Netflix and books. (Saying that, for 50 pounds it did the job very well for a couple years..I'd just like a little more functionality now)

I havent played Wurm on mine as it was stolen before I got around to it. Was a great tablet while I had it, and had just installed an awesome Skyrim wallpaper :unsure: Though calling it just a wallpaper would be an injustice.

However spec wise it should be able to. And it has bluetooth along with support for Nvidia's game controller, so the sky is the limit in terms of peripherals.

Also speaking of Nvidia's tablet, there is a recall on the batteries of certain factory runs (the usual overheating problems). Doubt a new one will have issues; however, doesn't hurt to check.

Have a Kindle Fire HDX. Unsure if Wurm would work well on it.

Plus I use Teamviewer as a free remote desktop app, which is also an option. If you haven't found a replacement since LogMeIn canceled their free versions, then try Teamviewer. Granted Window's builtin Remote Desktop is okay; however, it does have its shortcomings.

Edited by Klaa

That tablet is really meant for streaming, it means you have a super beefy PC at home doing all of the rendering while you're playing on the tablet. I wouldn't expect too much out of it.

I don't know about laptops, but if you can build a PC, you can get one for $250-300 if you get a second hand gpu. I have a PC at home with a pentium g3460 that cost me 50 bucks and a gt 9800 that cost me 15 bucks second hand, and it runs wurm online with 4xaa@1920x1200 with 30 fps at its lowest (except in the middle of a thick forest). So if you want to play wurm and other not-the-latest-titles, you can do so pretty cheaply.

You're a bit out of luck if you really need a laptop though, although playing games on laptops has always been a lot more expensive.

Edited by Elktazahjr