Sign in to follow this  
Kyleshandra

Gate lock issue

On   31 January, myself and Elizarya were getting ready to start a guard tower.  Elizarya built a pole fence around the spot for the tower while I was leveling the area.  She gave me two gate locks so they would be in my name.  I attached the two of them... when attaching the second one, I got a message that the other gate was blocking me so I stepped through it and it completed.  I set permissions successfully on the first gate (north side - now labeled Top of Bridge Tower 1) and then didn't have the option to do the second one... west side gate.  When I paid more attention, I realized it said the owner of the second gate was Mystellenery.  Neither of us has any idea who that is and they weren't online at the time.

The gate lock may have been one that Elizarya found somewhere but in any case, the first one worked find and listed me as the current owner even though I (Abbynormal) didn't actually build the gate or the lock.

I submitted a support ticket (#155890) on it and Tarissa responded and fixed it for us but asked that I submit a bug report on the issue.  So here I am :)

This is located south of my deed (mayor is Slyther) called Enuntqua located a ways north of Vrock Landing.  The actually gates are located a few tiles east of the north end of the large bridge that was built, I think, by Joedobo.  If you should want to find it, there is a road south of the deed roughly 100 tiles or so (wild guess)... follow that road west and then south to the bridge, then go left (south) about 17 tiles along the gravel path there.

If you need any other info, please contact me through the forums or on Abbynormal (my main character).

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Few weeks ago i planted a bsb with a lock attached by myself, and for god knows what reason it now shows as 'planted by <my friend, the holder of the copper key>' and i can't use it. He was not even online at that time, so i filed a ticket. Shrimpiie appeared, but couldn't do anything because GMs have no way to check time of planting of the item.

This might be related to the same bug as your problem.