Sign in to follow this  
Tipper

Wild Terra

playwildterra.com

Has anyone played this UO-descendant? I've seen written that it's still in alpha but the official site just says early access.

Screenie

Spoiler

0_7_14_en.jpg

Similar to Wurm there are "no NPCs in the game." Similar to some WU servers, there is also supposed to be rapid skilling to avoid grind. The economy is player-driven to encourage interdependence.

The latest news is they're switching from 2D character models to 3D. The backgrounds will remain 2D.

Seems a bit quiet, but maybe the forums are a poor judge.

Edited by Tipper

2 years later, Anybody trying this game right now? Bought it and it seems really promising. I'm on the hardcore pvp server ignos. Combat is simple yet enjoyable, even had fun fighting a guy bare naked with a bunch of stones (I hit him more but he hit harder lol).

Noticed this topic and grabbed the game. :) Tried out yesterday (didn't even notice how time went) and.. it is actually really good game. Only problem is, that it is a ghost town. I am playing on Europes hardcore PvE server. Most of the time noone is even answering in chat. Other than that, great survival game, just take it as single player game.

12 hours ago, rixk said:

Just take it as single player game.

According to the Steam discussion boards, the devs are   ADAMANTLY   against "singleplayer in an MMO," they will not allow private or offline or 'friends and family/LAN' style, only the official public servers -- which apparently as a result are fairly empty.

Dev comments:

There are only official server available. No private server creation option. If you a fine playing with all other players - you are welcomed. If you one of those who want single player in MMO - there is no opportunity left for that.

We are not interested in single player and never anounced that we do.

So the problem is that all game mechanics were made based on MMO cooperation play style. A lot of content will be locked for solo player without cooperation with other players. Rebalancing all game is equal to creating just a new one. How can you rebalance trade and guild castles and sieges and mines and all other things that were made in game already for MMO purposes? We are couple steps away from releasing game from early access and will not ever think about spending even a day of work for making solo mode for this game. Just a waste of time for small Indie game project. I gave full answer on your question and explained all reasons why the answer is “NO”. Moreover we are VERY VERY punctilious about everything that concern bad manners and all topics that could grow into something not polite between players we usually close to prevent it. We love hearts, birds and butterflies. Will appreciate a lot if players will not try to offend each other while they discuss game. We want everyone to be polite and friendly here. Topic closed. Thank you very much for understanding.

In fact, they are pretty clearly sick of people even asking about it   :p 

So yeah, you can play on a near empty server and  pretend  it is singeplayer.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

well you know what they can do with that lol... as we say here in oz, they can shove it where the sun dont shine... and that's putting it politely.