Sign in to follow this  
Chai

Bug with Sowing and Harvesting

There seems to be a glitch when you try to harvest after sowing seeds.  The first tile is cultivated ground and the second tile is ready to harvest.  I sow a seed in the first tile as my first action and queue harvesting as my second.  The event window says:  You start sowing seeds.  Then:  After sowing you will start harvesting.  Next :  You sow the garlic.  Then it stops. Tried it several times and it never harvests.  Should be easy enough to duplicate.   Thank you for checking!  :)

Can confirm this also.

Been going on at least some weeks or more.

That's because the active item is no longer in your inventory when the harvest action tries to start.

• Like 3

Aha, sounds absolutely right, but then why have we not noticed this before?

I've been farming for like 2,5 years now.

I don't understand what you mean by the active item is no longer in your inventory.  Why should that hinder the next action?

He  means the seed you had activated when you clicked harvest.

That you don't have activated anymore cause you planted it.

Yes, the seed is gone, but you don't need anything activated to harvest corn or garlic.  I still don't follow why that would hinder harvesting.  Are you saying that if an activated item disappears it always cancels everything that follows it in queue?   Maybe if I activate another item as I queue harvesting it will work?  Hmmmm....

You will need to activate a different item before activating harvest.  Many people sow using a container in the toolbelt and a hotkey for sow.  It sows the seed but the container is what is active.  So it will not stop any actions after it.

Any action that follows an action that used up the item you had activated cancels all following actions.

Ok - thank you everyone for taking the time to help me understand how it works.  I really appreciate it! 

15 hours ago, Sixiron said:

That's because the active item is no longer in your inventory when the harvest action tries to start.

Aye this has been an issue for as long as Wurm has existed.

When a specific item vanishes, then any actions queued when that item was active will auto-cancel.

Most annoying example is taking a drink after a few sowing actions, or trying to harvest with the seed activated as the OP mentions.

One of the reasons I'm not a fan of farming.

Edited by Klaa